Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Lucidity Announced, PC Confirmed

LucasArts follows the Lucidity reveal with an official announcement that confirms the PC as the other target for the puzzle platformer to be released on October 7. This is accompanied by some screenshots, and here's word:

LucasArts Announces Lucidity™

Addictive Puzzle Platform Game Coming to Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PC on October 7

SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. – September 11, 2009 – LucasArts today announced Lucidity, a new game under development from the LucasArts team that re-imagined The Secret of Monkey Islandâ. Set for release on Xbox LIVE Arcade and PC via digital download on October 7, Lucidity is an addictive puzzle platformer set in the surreal dreamscapes of a little girl named Sofi.

In Lucidity, players take a trip into the imagination of Sofi, a young girl who is filled with a persistent desire to explore new worlds and overcome all obstacles in her way. In this challenging puzzle platform game, players are tasked with keeping Sofi safe as she drifts deeper into the strange new world of her dreams. Through quick reaction and placement of randomly generated puzzle pieces, players must create a path through beautifully detailed dreamscapes to keep Sofi in perpetual motion and deliver her to safety.

“Lucidity comes from our effort at LucasArts to form several small internal development teams and give them the creative freedom to make games that surprise, amaze and inspire,” said LucasArts President Darrell Rodriguez. “The re-imagining of The Secret of Monkey Island and the development of the all-new Lucidity are just the beginning of this effort.”

More information about Lucidity can be found at LucasArts’ newly launched blog, The Workshop, at http://www.LucasArtsWorkshop.com/. The Workshop at LucasArts has been created to share the latest news about the company’s digital distribution initiatives.

View
44 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

44. Re: Lucidity PC Confirmed Sep 14, 2009, 22:44 swaaye

Hmmm no.

Rebel Assault III. The market is ready for a new interactive movie game!!! My thoroughly younger bro loved the "Mortimer and the Riddles of the Medallion" spinoff too (he was ~7) so maybe a sequel there as well!!!

This comment was edited on Sep 14, 2009, 22:47.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

43. Re: Lucidity PC Confirmed Sep 12, 2009, 10:29 Akuinnen

I was hoping for a Strike Fleet remake
Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe?

42. Re: Lucidity PC Confirmed Sep 12, 2009, 10:04 theyarecomingforyou

I have seen people on this site act like the world is coming to an end because FEAR 2 has enemy glow, or Dead Space runs in 16:9. I can be dissapointed in these things without acting like they ruin the whole game and writing it off as a loss, then screaming FUCK YOU as I walk out the door. It just seems a little extreme. Same thing in this thread.
I agree. To me a game running in 16:9 or having glowing enemies simply detracts from the experience, not compromises it.

speak for yourself, chump. i never asked for any "puzzle platformer" games. it doesnt look "innovative" or "unique". it looks like "shit" and "balls". lucasarts started this daily teasing bullshit about some kind of super exciting news and then delivered this? fuck them. and fuck you too
I wouldn't quite go that far but the announcements have generally been much more underwhelming than the hints suggested. Lucidity looks like a bit of fun but it's certainly not going to put Lucasarts back on the map.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou

41. Re: Lucidity Announced, PC Confirmed Sep 12, 2009, 04:14 StingingVelvet

People who bitch generally do so because they're disappointed about something, and they wouldn't be disappointed if they didn't care about the thing in the first place.

People want a new X-wing or Tie fighter game. And all LucasArts does is tease and tease and tease, and never deliver. Would you rather nobody care enough at all about an announcement like this?

It'd be nice if the whole "WAAAAAH, PEOPLE AT BLUES ONLY WHINE ABOUT THINGS" motto just vanished from the fucking forum altogether. I've been seeing that same tired fucking meme for the past five years, and it's getting really goddamn boring.

People want Xwing/Tie. They didn't get it. They're disappointed. If you like the idea of a Braid like platformer, great. If you don't care about X/Tie, great too. Why complain at people that do care?

Because in that situation I would say "damn, I was hoping for Tie Fighter..." rather than "FUCK YOU LUCASARTS, SUCK YOUR CONSOLE DICK THAT'S WHERE THE MONEY IS PISS ON YOU FUCKERS!"

For a medium that is supposedly made up of older, more mature people, we certainly tend to resort to National Lampoon maturity when we don't get our way, or even when some small thing annoys us.

I have seen people on this site act like the world is coming to an end because FEAR 2 has enemy glow, or Dead Space runs in 16:9. I can be dissapointed in these things without acting like they ruin the whole game and writing it off as a loss, then screaming FUCK YOU as I walk out the door. It just seems a little extreme. Same thing in this thread.

In the show he actually said there are a few Star Wars games in development they have not announced... rather than be excited about that, people are angry they haven't announced something NOW, right NOW, because MOMMY MOMMY I WANT IT.

Also, throw on top of that the need they feel to speak badly about Lucidity, a game which I think looks fantastic and different, because it isn't tie fighter. FUCK IT IF IT AIN'T TIE FIGHTER BOYS!

Look, I come here a lot recently, I like posting here, I like Blue's news style and simple interface. The people here are intelligent, and most of their posts are at least entertaining, if not very informative. I don't mean to come across as if I hate it here. I simply get... discouraged... when I see the endless complaints about small, insignificant things. I'm not making it up, the site has a reputation for it, just like GOG.com has a reputation for housing radical anti-DRM people, or Steam for having complete PC newbies, or Gametrailers for having complete idiots.

Anyway...

Um...

I want Tie Fighter too. I also want more innovative, classic Lucasarts pioneer spirit, and dammit, they got it back. Rock on.

That is all.

40. Re: Lucidity Announced, PC Confirmed Sep 12, 2009, 03:16 Jerykk

However, doesn't it strike you as dumb to be bitching about people bitching?

Rubbish! Whining about whiners doesn't make you a whiner, it makes you a perfectly neutral and objective observer who is simply trying to enlighten the whining masses into seeing the neutral light. I mean, really, who cares enough about games to whine about them anyway? It's not like publishers and developers care what the whiners say. Whining about whiners, on the other hand, is totally productive and will always get them to stop whining. Oh... wait...

39. Re: Lucidity Announced, PC Confirmed Sep 12, 2009, 02:57 Creston

What do you expect me to say?

Well, you could start by using the word typical just once.

However, doesn't it strike you as dumb to be bitching about people bitching? It seems half the forum now bitches about stuff, and the other half of the forum bitches about people bitching. You tend not to fall into the latter category, typically, so I'd hate to see you turn into another mindless trollwit like LMN8ER.

At least the people bitching about things typically have a reason for bitching about them. The people who bitch about people bitching do so because... I dunno actually. Because they think PC gamers should be happy with every single scrap that's thrown their way? Or because they're under some deeply held belief that their opinion is the only one that's valid?

People who bitch generally do so because they're disappointed about something, and they wouldn't be disappointed if they didn't care about the thing in the first place.

People want a new X-wing or Tie fighter game. And all LucasArts does is tease and tease and tease, and never deliver. Would you rather nobody care enough at all about an announcement like this?

It'd be nice if the whole "WAAAAAH, PEOPLE AT BLUES ONLY WHINE ABOUT THINGS" motto just vanished from the fucking forum altogether. I've been seeing that same tired fucking meme for the past five years, and it's getting really goddamn boring.

People want Xwing/Tie. They didn't get it. They're disappointed. If you like the idea of a Braid like platformer, great. If you don't care about X/Tie, great too. Why complain at people that do care?

Creston

38. Re: Lucidity Announced, PC Confirmed Sep 12, 2009, 01:08 CythrawL

They're never, ever, ever, ever, ever... EVER going to re-release, or release a proper sequel/remake to X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter.

Why?

Because they know that as long as PC gaming fans want it they can continue to pull you in with these bullshit, "Stay tuned for an EPIC announcement!" gags. If they did anything with X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter again, they know no one will ever pay attention to any of their new shit games.

As I said before, why all this lovin' about X-wing Vs TIE fighter, Really X vs T was S.H.I.T. compared to Tie Fighter and then X-Wing. I seriously don't get it at all? TIE Fighter and X-Wing and X-Wing Alliance were all far superior games to XvsT.

As for the announcement? well Lucas-arts IMO is going back to their roots. Exploring original titles..
Am I excited about this one? No.

But I for one am glad that Lucasarts is now doing stuff OTHER than bloody crap milking Stars shite that they have been bringing out for the past few years. I remember when Lucasarts brought games like the Eidelon and Rescue on Fractalus (which IMO is more overdue for a remake than bloody Xwing or Tie Fighter). Good to see they are at least trying something new, again not that I am excited by it. Just the recent stuff like the revival of Monkey Island just shows that things are a-changing at Lucasarts... at last..

This comment was edited on Sep 12, 2009, 01:26.

37. Re: Lucidity Announced, PC Confirmed Sep 12, 2009, 01:05 StingingVelvet

speak for yourself, chump. i never asked for any "puzzle platformer" games. it doesnt look "innovative" or "unique". it looks like "shit" and "balls". lucasarts started this daily teasing bullshit about some kind of super exciting news and then delivered this? fuck them. and fuck you too

so go take your self-righteous indignation, and shove it right up your clenched and puckered ass

If you only care about Star Wars games, good for you, but you must realize there is a huge group of people that loved Lucasarts for things like Monkey Island and Full Throttle.

And Lucidity does not look like crap, it looks pretty beautiful... hand-drawn art like an old Disney cartoon? Awesome!

36. Re: Lucidity Announced, PC Confirmed Sep 12, 2009, 00:19 space captain

What do you expect me to say? For years we have been begging Lucasarts to go back to the days where they released more than half-baked Star Wars games.

so go take your self-righteous indignation, and shove it right up your clenched and puckered ass

Go forth, and kill!

35. Re: Lucidity Announced, PC Confirmed Sep 11, 2009, 23:17 StingingVelvet

The Department of Redundancy Department just called, they're wondering if you can interview tomorrow?

What do you expect me to say? For years we have been begging Lucasarts to go back to the days where they released more than half-baked Star Wars games. Now, they have a President who says that is the goal, that loves the old classic PC titles and pledges PC support, that announces a new PC game that looks innovative and unique, and the prevailing attitude on Blues is "HAR ANNOUNCE TIE FIGHTERS ASSHOLE PISS ON YOU!"

It's frankly ridiculous.

34. Re: Lucidity PC Confirmed Sep 11, 2009, 22:22 MMORPGHoD

Hmm.. nothing more to add to these comments except...

Hush now, don't you cry
Wipe away the teardrop from your eye
You're lying safe in bed
It was all a bad dream
Spinning in your head
Your mind tricked you to feel the pain
Of someone close to you leaving the game of life
So here it is, another chance
Wide awake you face the day
Your dream is over... or has it just begun?

33. Re: Lucidity Announced, PC Confirmed Sep 11, 2009, 20:54 Dev

I've always thought that IMHO was:
"In My Humble Opinion"

Saying "Honest" is kinda redundant, why would someone give an unhonest opinion? And if they weren't going to be honest, then claiming they were would make it no more honest.

On the other hand, by my prefacing a statement by saying "humble" I'm trying to say to someone not to take it personally, that its just an opinion of mine, and that I'm generally not trying to offend when I say that.

32. Re: Lucidity Announced, PC Confirmed Sep 11, 2009, 20:30 Creston

Typical Blue's News grumps are typical.

The Department of Redundancy Department just called, they're wondering if you can interview tomorrow?

Creston

31. Re: Lucidity Announced, PC Confirmed Sep 11, 2009, 18:39 space captain

ohhhhhhhhhh shit! a fucking puzzle game! ohhhhhhh snap! wow, holy shit - whoa big fucking news

i piss on you lucasarts

Go forth, and kill!

30. Re: Lucidity Announced, PC Confirmed Sep 11, 2009, 18:36 Bhruic

Funny that people typically complain of other developers churning out sequels to existing IP. But in the case of LA, people are now complaining about the opposite.

Believe it or not, there's a middle ground between "churning out" sequels, and never making one.

29. Re: Lucidity Announced, PC Confirmed Sep 11, 2009, 18:22 Kxmode

Is that your honest opinion? why would anyone give an opinion that isnt honest, I hate 'IMO'!

Wildone don't confuse IMO with IMHO. They are not the same. FYI note.

28. Re: Lucidity Announced, PC Confirmed Sep 11, 2009, 17:30 Ant

[yawns] As I expected. Come on guys, don't get excited anymore. Just let them spill their beans. If something good comes out, then we can get excited.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

27. Re: Lucidity Announced, PC Confirmed Sep 11, 2009, 17:29 Dev

Wildone:
Well like for example the 500 millionth Sims expansion? I think thats the kinda thing he's referring to.

26. Re: Lucidity Announced, PC Confirmed Sep 11, 2009, 17:22 Dmitri_M

Typical Blue's News grumps are typical

Weird, I'm seeing similar opinions all over the gaming interweb.

25. Re: Lucidity Announced, PC Confirmed Sep 11, 2009, 17:21 Wildone

People? What people? I think the vagueness of that statement is also mind blowing. If any game in LA catalog needs a revisit, its Xwing.
Every other frakkin genre of games has had a next gen update except space combat (X doesn't count ok) not some bullshit fleet management game, but a good 'n proper in the cockpit next gen balls out graphics explosion fest set in the OT era. Its hoping too much they would make it with the PC market in mind, its console first (which means 4 coOlored buttons simplicity) vs. the complexity you could get on a PC formatted game (not that the original Xwing was THAT complicated..shields/energy management..thats it) but the feel was done well.

Turning out sequels to shit games/franchises is BAD. Turning out ones to GOOD franchices can be good if its done well. Whats wrong with that.

44 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo