Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited Live

Turbine Launches Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited Free-to-Play MMO announces that Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited is live, offering the now subscription-free MMORPG. Here's the deal:

• DDO Unlimited’s New Content & Features – DDO Unlimited delivers a new class, increases the level cap to 96 ranks, introduces new adventure packs including a new 12-player raid, and features major combat improvements.
  • The Fiercest Combat of any MMO – DDO Unlimited features an extraordinary heart- pounding combat experience that requires players to fully engage in the battle by relying on their wits and reflexes in real time. No more clicking skills and watching the action from the sideline.
  • Mind-blowing Visuals – Explore a vast and dangerous online world that features the most advanced graphics in the industry and is stuffed with the legendary monsters, glorious treasures, devious traps, mind-bending puzzles and endless adventures from the world’s best known RPG.
  • Full-featured MMO – Experience sophisticated systems found only in the best games including auctions, NPC hirelings, arena death matches (Player versus Player), crafting, and powerful social tools for finding a group, forming a guild or planning an epic raid!
  • Easier Than Ever! – DDO Unlimited gets you playing in minutes instead of hours, using new proprietary Turbine technology. Creating a new character is incredibly simple with guides and templates that speed you through the process. Features an all-new new player experience that gives gamers their first taste of excitement quickly while teaching them how to play solo or with a group of fellow adventurers.

View
41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

41. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron U Sep 10, 2009, 15:01 Kxmode

Or perhaps I wasn't sitting here pressing the refresh button.

Anyway, one of the most infamous accounts of Turbine F'ing over gamers is when they sold an expansion pack for one of their older MMO's, then shut the game down shortly afterwards.

I've always kept an eye out for any "announcement" by Turbine. They nearly always end up being some over hyped marketing campaign scam for quick cash.

Turbine is pretty much a company of crooks. You don't have to believe me if you don't want to. But don't say I didn't warn you when you wonder how you could have fallen for such a sham.

Just to give you some perspective on how "free" this is. The full game, including 1 month of play time, is usually available for $5.

Thank you.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

40. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron U Sep 10, 2009, 13:27 DarkCntry

The comments about AC2 needs to be addressed here..

Turbine tried to make due with what Microsoft left them, which was in the way almost nothing. For how long Turbine kept AC2 running should be a damn good sign that they aren't exactly as 'evil' as most put them out to be.

Hell, everyone that I know whom I played AC/AC2/LOTRO/DDO with have all agreed that Turbine's the furthest from their minds when it comes to the demise of AC2.

As for the DDO issues, well it's common sense to gather that anything that is given away free will have a huge turnout, even if it 'sucks', therefor you should expect that tech will be stressed to the point of breaking. Case-in-point, America's Army and Battlefield Heroes.

39. Re: DDO Unlimited Live Sep 10, 2009, 10:40 dryden555

given that publisher and developer are suing each other for lost profits, I wouldnt go near this even if free. The invenstor money is running dry......  

38. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited Live Sep 10, 2009, 03:35 Jackplug

just tried to join and all i got was an error!! and now i cant join cos it keeps saying youve got this error. Plus its a trial with a cap limit which is hardly F2p is it??

I played the beta and that had a cap limit too which was daft!

This comment was edited on Sep 10, 2009, 03:37.

37. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited Live Sep 10, 2009, 02:21 PHJF

Off to a great start. I'm in the first tutorial instance and fucking stuck, supposed to talk to a rogue and have him disarm a trap except i cant fucking target him. Really promising.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

36. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited Live Sep 10, 2009, 00:43 CreamyBlood

I registered without any problems, installed the downloader and was playing the tutorial within ten minutes.

I didn't notice any 'gross incompetence' but then again it was around 8pm MST when I started it up.

35. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited Live Sep 9, 2009, 23:25 Acleacius

Well, this isn't a good sign. They require Registration, go International, say FREE GAME HERE and don't prepare or let Registration start until the day of release? Someone should be fired for this gross incompetence.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

34. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron U Sep 9, 2009, 23:05 Prez

What an idiotic thing to say no matter what. You Americans and your brainwashed Conservative lies. Keep those blinders on as you let your country slowly turn into a poverty stricken third world country.

Wow. Seems like it doesn't take much to get your panties in a twist does it? Laugh

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

33. Re: Reuse an old account? Sep 9, 2009, 21:13 Ant

UttiniDaKilrJawa: So they never replied. Sucks.

This comment was edited on Sep 9, 2009, 21:14.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

32. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron U Sep 9, 2009, 21:11 .Drifter

Nice that you remember there was an issue with an expansion pack, but pretty sad you can't remember what it was for.
Makes me wonder if you just read about it or something, rather than actually experiencing the situation, so you are having a knee jerk reaction to something read.
Anyways...
It was Asheron's Call 2 that this occurred with, so everyone can know. The game was fading, so they released an expansion with a new race and new content, it didn't sell well enough, so within a few months of release (2 or 3) of the expansion they canceled the game.
And did not offer a refund for the expansion.
So yeah, while it was a screwing over of their customers at the time, you seem pretty incensed for someone who it didn't happen, or it doesn't seem to have happened to by your post. If it did, then I apologize.

31. Re: Reuse an old account? Sep 9, 2009, 21:09 UttiniDaKilrJawa

Hi!

On https://trial.turbine.com/ddo.php, it wouldn't let me use my old account. How can I reuse it for DDO Unlimited?

Their sites and forums are being hammered so I can't ask in there yet.

Thank you in advance.

Apparently if you have a Turbine acct that wasn't used in DDO paid you need to call or email the Account Reps from Turbine for some sort of codekey to use on the MyAccount page at Turbine. I sent a email...then said screw it 3 hrs later and just whipped up a DDO specific acct.

30. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited Live Sep 9, 2009, 20:18 MMORPGHoD

Hmm.. let's see. They crashed and burned by charging too much for instanced crap. And now they essentially want you to pay even more, except they think you're too stupid enough to realize this after a months worth of buying points to continue playing. This would probably have failed even if it was free, but these changes pretty much guarantee it.  

29. Reuse an old account? Sep 9, 2009, 20:14 Ant

Hi!

On https://trial.turbine.com/ddo.php, it wouldn't let me use my old account. How can I reuse it for DDO Unlimited?

Their sites and forums are being hammered so I can't ask in there yet.

Thank you in advance.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

28. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron U Sep 9, 2009, 19:51 The Half Elf

Actually it was Star Wars Galaxies with the Lava planet. They released it and within a day or 2 announced the NGE. So more or less yes, they did shut down SWG.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

27. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron U Sep 9, 2009, 19:49 Gymper

If they could add randomized dungeons with random traps spread out a la Diablo, this game could be really interesting.

As it stands, it doesn't have the long lasting value. Still, it's a good buy for running a few characters up to max level.

26. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron U Sep 9, 2009, 19:22 Nate Palm

Anyway, one of the most infamous accounts of Turbine F'ing over gamers is when they sold an expansion pack for one of their older MMO's, then shut the game down shortly afterwards.

What game was that? Sounds like something I'd like to read about.

25. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited Live Sep 9, 2009, 18:47 space captain

Mind-blowing Visuals

thats alright and all.. but when do we get some Dick-blowing Visuals? that would be a gfx achievement to be proud of

Go forth, and kill!

24. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron U Sep 9, 2009, 18:38 Stanly Manly

Would you mind expanding on your comment?
I don't think he can. Or perhahps: "I was just pissing in the wind"

Or perhaps I wasn't sitting here pressing the refresh button.

I've always kept an eye out for any "announcement" by Turbine. They nearly always end up being some over hyped marketing campaign scam for quick cash.

Turbine is pretty much a company of crooks. You don't have to believe me if you don't want to. But don't say I didn't warn you when you wonder how you could have fallen for such a sham.

Just to give you some perspective on how "free" this is. The full game, including 1 month of play time, is usually available for $5.

23. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited Live Sep 9, 2009, 18:24 Cutter

I'm on Thelanis server (Sigvid), gimme a shout if you need a guild/help. DDO is good times once you get into it.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

22. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited Live Sep 9, 2009, 17:57 starmonkey

Just play Guild Wars or, if you've got a few mates, Titan Quest  

41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo