Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Arkham Asylum Free DLC for PC Too

There are indications in the recently released console editions of Batman: Arkham Asylum that some free DLC is coming on September 17. Now Shacknews has word that although the PC edition is not due for release until a week from today, this DLC is coming to Windows as well as consoles. There is no word yet on what the DLC will include.

View
42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

42. Re: Arkham Asylum PC DLC Sep 11, 2009, 13:33 Verno

Holy contradiction, Batman! So you pick up a console because you don't like ports, even though the PC ports are superior 99% of the time. Alrighty.

I picked up a console because the PC platform is an annoying fucking DRM ridden mess, you can't resell your titles half the time and I don't care about gaming at 3000x1624. If I really give a shit about a PC game then I can just grab it and play it on a two year old videocard thanks to the majority of titles being ports! Cheers!

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

41. Re: Arkham Asylum PC DLC Sep 11, 2009, 00:41 Caveman

So you pick up a console because you don't like ports, even though the PC ports are superior 99% of the time.
Maybe, if you steal them like you do, but for people who pay they are shit most of the time. In fact, I would say most PC ports these days are pretty lousy, some of them are next to unplayable(Double Agent, Saints Row 2, GTAIV, Rainbow Six Vegas 1 + 2) just to name a few. I know I had to wait until the recent patch to get Mass Effect stable on PC. Hell, Batman for PC doesn't even support controllers that aren't Xbox 360.

40. Re: Arkham Asylum PC DLC Sep 10, 2009, 15:38 Jerykk

I was the same way til I picked up some consoles. Waiting years for Blizzard titles is pretty boring and even the best port is still a port.

Holy contradiction, Batman! So you pick up a console because you don't like ports, even though the PC ports are superior 99% of the time. Alrighty.

39. Re: Arkham Asylum Free DLC for PC Too Sep 10, 2009, 15:26 Ecthelion

I'm sure there are a large batch of content PC gamers who don't flip out like their sister was raped when FEAR 2 has enemy glow, but they don't seem to post on forums, so the general feeling when on a PC site is that no one is happy.
I'm one of those (mostly) content PC gamers, and I do post occasionally. I too have noticed the bitterness and nitpicking that seems to be prevalent here and on other PC-oriented sites, and some of it is understandable. There are fewer PC exclusives than there were in the past, and some of the multiplatform games suffer because they weren't developed primarily for the PC. But I still have more than enough gaming goodness between quality ports (and multiplatform games) and European or indie PC games.

Most of my posting is done on game-specific sites, where they are more likely to be read by PC gamers who are actually having fun gaming.

38. Re: Arkham Asylum PC DLC Sep 10, 2009, 11:25 Verno

There's not much to be happy about on the PC so who can blame them? I was the same way til I picked up some consoles. Waiting years for Blizzard titles is pretty boring and even the best port is still a port.  

37. Re: Arkham Asylum Free DLC for PC Too Sep 10, 2009, 03:45 StingingVelvet

And? In every thread, there may be 25, 30 maybe even 100 posts. A lot of them by the same people. That represents a PC gaming class of millions HOW?

I said site, not thread. Every PC gaming SITE I visit is full of bitter hatred and nitpicking.

I'm sure there are a large batch of content PC gamers who don't flip out like their sister was raped when FEAR 2 has enemy glow, but they don't seem to post on forums, so the general feeling when on a PC site is that no one is happy.

36. Re: Arkham Asylum Free DLC for PC Too Sep 10, 2009, 02:34 Prez

Because every single PC gaming forum and news site is filled with the kind of bitter anger we see here all too often.

And? In every thread, there may be 25, 30 maybe even 100 posts. A lot of them by the same people. That represents a PC gaming class of millions HOW?

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

35. Re: Arkham Asylum Free DLC for PC Too Sep 9, 2009, 18:08 4D-Boxing

LOL what's up withthis thread? Some people are way to soft or maybe young?!?!

I some of you think this is whining & complaining you're gonna have a rough ride on the information super highway lol... god luck people..

TO much dramam for nothing in here?!?!

This is like watching the US health care debate on CNN ..lots of craying for nothing on all sides.

34. Re: Arkham Asylum Free DLC for PC Too Sep 9, 2009, 15:44 PHJF

It's perfectly fair to feel entitled to playing the game at the same time as everyone else.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

33. Re: Arkham Asylum Free DLC for PC Too Sep 9, 2009, 15:31 Jerykk

Because every single PC gaming forum and news site is filled with the kind of bitter anger we see here all too often.

To be fair, every console gaming forum is filled with it too. Check out Gametrailers.

32. Re: Arkham Asylum Free DLC for PC Too Sep 9, 2009, 15:20 StingingVelvet

I always wonder why a dozen or so disgruntled people posting negative things is taken to mean the PC Gamer crowd of millions are all a bunch of self-entitled ingrates. This just isn't the case. You really ought to know better, Caveman.

31. Re: Arkham Asylum Free DLC for PC Too Sep 9, 2009, 11:38 Wowbagger_TIP

I'm still planning to get this for PC. Can't argue with free DLC either. Sounds like they have plenty of options to add new challenges to the game, so I hope they add a few more too. The demo was pretty cool, so I think this will be worth getting.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

30. Re: Arkham Asylum Free DLC for PC Too Sep 9, 2009, 08:38 kanniballl

Is there any replay value in this game? I'm getting Red Faction : Guerilla on the same day already so I may just let this slide until it's cheaper.

As to the replay question...

I don't know. I beat the single player and collected a little over 3/4 of the clues and content and I don't know how much more time I'd put into it.

Don't get me wrong, it was incredibly fun but once you go through it once I don't see that much reason to go back. Sure there's finishing off the puzzle quests and the challenges, but in the end it's still a Single Player game.

I agree with others, some expanded missions letting you fight more of Batman's rogue gallery would be nice as there are some big class-A villains that didn't make it in (or only cameo'ed).

I don't regret purchasing it and may go back to it in a year or so, but I can also see myself selling it back at some point.

Part of me likes to equate Single Player games to a movie ticket, a write-off that's hopefully enjoyable. If I enjoyed the 2-hour movie then the $9-$10 ticket was worth it, otherwise I regret not waiting for the DVD. If I enjoy the game for 10-12 hours then it's about the same, otherwise I regret not renting it.

This comment was edited on Sep 9, 2009, 09:08.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

29. Re: Arkham Asylum PC DLC Sep 9, 2009, 08:36 Verno

To the people who've actually bought and played this, about how long is it? I'd sort of interested, but I rarely buy 50 dollar games anymore unless they give me a ton of replay value.

Is there any replay value in this game? I'm getting Red Faction : Guerilla on the same day already so I may just let this slide until it's cheaper.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Replay value is about the same as Red Faction. It's basically collectibles and other little things. Batman is a shorter game by virtue of less travel time but otherwise they are very similar in length. Red Faction was a fun game but ignore the guerilla part as actually employing guerilla tactics in the game is usually negated by omniscient guards who respawn when your alert level isn't green. Batman is a just plain fun game that's very well designed with great production values. The challenge rooms are genuinely entertaining and one of the few things in gaming where I've actually cared about beating my own high scores.

28. Re: Arkham Asylum Free DLC for PC Too Sep 9, 2009, 07:12 Bhruic

You're complaining about the pirated version not working properly and have the cheek to criticise the other people who actually care about gaming?!

Uh, what? Where was he "complaining" about it not working? He simply pointed out that it doesn't have traditional DRM, but has some in-game effects. Didn't see anything about that being of personal importance to him - in fact, quite the opposite since he said he had it for XBox.

27. Re: Arkham Asylum Free DLC for PC Too Sep 9, 2009, 05:56 Evil Timmy

The demo was really enjoyable, and the controller support is probably the best I've ever seen. It works seamlessly with both M+K and a 360 controller (under Win7), and not only can you use both at the same time (analog stick for motion, mouse for aim) but it'll switch the in-game icons depending on what you pressed last. That, and the fact that it runs smoothly on high at 1280x800 with a two year old laptop and 8600M GT while looking just stunning, and that it's a great game on top of that, has launched this to the top of my must-buy list. Any word on a Steam release?

EDIT: Got off my lazy ass and checked, it's up on the 15th on Steam.

This comment was edited on Sep 9, 2009, 05:58.

26. Re: Arkham Asylum Free DLC for PC Too Sep 9, 2009, 04:46 theyarecomingforyou

I really can't believe how low you nerds on this site can sink too. Seriously, you guys are actually fucking crying about free DLC? You guys are downright pathetic. No wonder nobody takes PC gaming seriously anymore.
You're complaining about the pirated version not working properly and have the cheek to criticise the other people who actually care about gaming?!

Well worth the $60.00 tag - and you NEVER hear ME say that. Great game, tons of polish. Great sounds/sound track. The voice over is amazing. Once I finish I am going to start right up again on Hard.
Hmmm... I may have to try the demo again because it didn't really grab me on first play through.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

25. Re: Arkham Asylum Free DLC for PC Too Sep 9, 2009, 04:38 xXBatmanXx

To the people who've actually bought and played this, about how long is it? I'd sort of interested, but I rarely buy 50 dollar games anymore unless they give me a ton of replay value.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

I have probably 10-12 Hours in, about 75% done with SP story. I am working on the EASY level and having a great time reading everything and doing all of the Riddler's stuff. Tons of info and back story if you want it. Otherwise, it is a 6-8 hour play through - but you would miss a ton of cool stuff, and it would be hard to power up weapons without doing other things.

Well worth the $60.00 tag - and you NEVER hear ME say that. Great game, tons of polish. Great sounds/sound track. The voice over is amazing. Once I finish I am going to start right up again on Hard.

This comment was edited on Sep 9, 2009, 04:39.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

24. Re: Arkham Asylum Free DLC for PC Too Sep 9, 2009, 04:21 BobBob

From some reason third person works great with controllers but as soon as you go first person it gets all whacky. I think because first person doesn't work well with a curved kind of response where as third needs the rotation for precision. I probably have no idea what I'm really saying. =P  

23. Re: Arkham Asylum Free DLC for PC Too Sep 9, 2009, 03:55 Kraus Kriegor

To be fair, I've always been really comfortable using a combination of 8-way control from the keyboard buttons and fine-tuning the direction I'm aiming at with the mouse-look. I actually find controlling 3D combat in games like this (PoP, etc) to be more precise than a controller.

This comment was edited on Sep 9, 2009, 03:57.

42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo