Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Torchlight Next Month

Runic Games Announces October 27 as the official launch date for Torchlight, the action/RPG from this developer founded by vets of Flagship's Mythos project, Travis Baldree and Max Schaefer. The game will be available via digital distribution for $19.99 USD, and here's a bit on what it will offer:

Torchlight sets itself apart from other action RPGs with its intuitive, approachable interface, which enables gamers of all skill levels to quickly immerse themselves into the rich game play and varied world of Torchlight. The level randomizer will ensure that each adventure is unique, with different monsters, treasures, puzzles and items for players to find, defeat, and unlock. Through a powerful suite of development tools, Runic Games will empower players and game enthusiasts alike to create and share their own content and levels.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Torchlight Next Month Sep 5, 2009, 14:58 DangerDog

It's single player only, no multi at all.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Torchlight Next Month Sep 5, 2009, 14:33 theyarecomingforyou

It's a bit of a stretch to call them "vets" when referring to a title that was never released - "survivors" might be a more appropriate term.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

6. Re: Torchlight Next Month Sep 5, 2009, 14:10 Tetsugin

Oh, and I can't play online games like Mythos due to the fact I am on Hughes.net Crap-allite (Satellite) service! I am hopeing I can download the game without hitting my LIMIT! (350 Megs a day, that's it and I pay $75 a month for this "service")  

5. Re: Torchlight Next Month Sep 5, 2009, 14:04 Tetsugin

I think this is Fate 3.0!! Pretty sweet. I saw the warrior fishing at the end of the video. I play any action RPG I can get hold of and did like the Fate games. Yes, it is the poor mans Diablo but fun nonetheless.  

4. Re: Torchlight Next Month Sep 4, 2009, 23:24 Frijoles

Mythos was fun. I'll buy this to support them.  

3. Re: Torchlight Next Month Sep 4, 2009, 22:34 Xero

There might be some community support well after it's out, but I doubt it from the company. At 20 bux, they're just putting it out. Might be a decent hold on for Diablo type game. Then again, Diablo 2 is just as good for that purpose  

Currently playing: Skyrim

2. Re: Torchlight Next Month Sep 4, 2009, 22:06 PHJF

How is this any different than Mythos?  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

1. Re: Torchlight Next Month Sep 4, 2009, 21:37 Cutter

Looks like a poor mans Diablo. Oh well, gimme a demo and I may just buy it.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo