Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Casual Star Wars MMOG Rumor

Ten Ton Hammer reports on a rumor they've heard "from an inside source" that Sony Online Entertainment is planning to team with LucasArts for another Star Wars-based MMORPG, which will be targeted towards a more casual audience. The details they have are pretty scant, but they indicate they've heard the game will use the browser-based game engine from Free Realms and the game will be set during the Clone Wars.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 5, 2009, 21:01 Ruffiana

I agree with new content, but what did you asshats ever do for gaming? Anyone can talk smack and run their lips all day. Go create a game if you don't like what you see.

"In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so."

This comment was edited on Sep 5, 2009, 21:03.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Casual Star Wars MMOG Rumor Sep 4, 2009, 18:13 HugeJerk

The Clone Wars style is perfect for a casual kids game... I just wish they hadn't done it to the Bioware MMO. Sure, it's not all the way Clone Wars style, but it's clearly trying to be cartoony.  

6. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 4, 2009, 17:45 Talisorn

Give me a few mil and I'll be happy to take a stab at it.
A few mill might get you the basic framework for a good MMO. Don't expect it to be playable in any way shape of form.

A good MMO is a massive undertaking that takes years of development even before it's even hinted at to the public and then another couple of years before it's released.

This comment was edited on Sep 4, 2009, 17:47.

5. Re: Casual Star Wars MMOG Rumor Sep 4, 2009, 17:43 Talisorn

SOE you say? Pass.
At least you know it will be around for a while before it gets the chop. If NCSoft did it, even a sniff of a drop in profitability would see it axed immediately, leaving the fan base wondering what happened.

4. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 4, 2009, 16:55 Cutter

Give me a few mil and I'll be happy to take a stab at it.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

3. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 4, 2009, 16:24 HellSlayer

I agree with new content, but what did you asshats ever do for gaming? Anyone can talk smack and run their lips all day. Go create a game if you don't like what you see. Enough with the lets let Gov do everything for us mentality. That leads to poverty! I agree with this message!  
o0

2. Re: Casual Star Wars MMOG Rumor Sep 4, 2009, 15:03 Frijoles

SOE you say? Pass.  

1. Re: Casual Star Wars MMOG Rumor Sep 4, 2009, 14:53 Wildone

for the love of god, ENOUGH WITH THE CLONE WARS. It was far more interesting before we actually saw it, now thats its been in the prequels, cartoons x2 and animated movie..its been done to death. Can they not come thru with something else?

Oh lets negotiate with count duki again..

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo