Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Fort Zombie Announced

Lock Your Doors, Then Nail Them Shut as Paradox Interactive Unleashes Fort Zombie This Fall announces plans for a "lite" action/RPG title that will be available via digital distribution this fall. The announcement is accompanied by a batch of screenshots, and here's word:

In Fort Zombie, players will find themselves trapped in the small town of Piety, Indiana. Faced with no other choice but to find shelter from an impending wave of zombies migrating from a nearby metropolis, players will be challenged to choose a building to be their fort throughout the entire campaign. By effectively focusing efforts on building up this structure in between scouring the town for supplies and searching out and training survivors, players will have a shot at surviving the massive zombie onslaught.

For the few remaining citizens of Piety, each new day brings more fear. Only the most prepared citizens of Piety will stand a chance against the zombie infestation. Choose from a variety of daily tasks and efficiently build up your character's stats and skills as you battle blood-thirsty invaders and attempt to avoid total infestation. Most importantly, you must build up your fort for anyone to have any hope of surviving the last, big stand-off against the coming undead swarm.

This fall, stay alive and be prepared for the fight of your life in Fort Zombie!

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

34. Re: Fort Zombie Announced Sep 5, 2009, 01:04 Logan Booker

Sounds like a 3D version of Zafehouse.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: Fort Zombie Announced Sep 5, 2009, 00:45 Mike Hunt

Why not just have a "Hi-res" and "Low-res" option at the top of the screen? Too much work? Anyways, I like the utilitarian layout and the way I can scan through vast tracts of news quickly if I want. Waiting an extra 15 seconds for a pageful of thumbs to load wouldn't be so bad though.  

32. Re: Fort Zombie Announced Sep 4, 2009, 20:58 BadPennyz

This sounds awesome, I hope other developers try to make zombie rpgs too, one of them is bound to be good.  

31. Re: Fort Zombie Announced Sep 4, 2009, 17:15 Jonny

Fair enough. So tell me, from what they say in this "marketing blurb", what exactly is "interesting" or "innovative"? The only thing less innovative than a zombie game is a WWII shooter. Are those "innovative" too?

I'm not sure where all this is coming from. How many WWII shooters are there? Dozens. How many zombie games? Three spring to mind, L4D, Dead Rising and Stubbs the Zombie. None of these are RPGs. How many Stronghold based RPGs are there? None that I know of apart from Dwarf Fortress.

The only game you could say it resembles is Doublebear's Zombie game, and as I said earlier, Fort Zombie has been in development and known about for a lot longer.

This is avoiding the usual RPG cliches and dodging the run n gun zombie shooter genre. That makes it innovative to a certain extent, and that combined with the fact that it's made by Kerberos, who created one of the finest 4X strategy games I've ever played makes it interesting.

This comment was edited on Sep 4, 2009, 19:52.

30. Re: Fort Zombie Announced Sep 4, 2009, 17:00 Cutter

Nah, if I'm at all interested I'll go see the screens. Don't need them cluttering up the frontpage with stuff - most of which - I'd rather pass on in the first place.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

29. Re: Fort Zombie Announced Sep 4, 2009, 16:27 nin

Blue, I think screenshots and thumbnails would help a great deal. A picture's worth a thousand words so they say. I understand you wanting to be traditional and I do prefer your site compared to shacknews for it's content, but I believe visuals give games that would otherwise be skipped over based on their titles, a chance.

I'd say I'm pro screenshot also...what about a toggle radio button on the side, like you do the color scheme, Blue?

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

28. Re: Fort Zombie Announced Sep 4, 2009, 16:18 Elessar

Blue, I think screenshots and thumbnails would help a great deal. A picture's worth a thousand words so they say. I understand you wanting to be traditional and I do prefer your site compared to shacknews for it's content, but I believe visuals give games that would otherwise be skipped over based on their titles, a chance.  

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

27. Re: Fort Zombie Announced Sep 4, 2009, 16:18 Geico Caveman

I like that the front page has no images on it, it's a stark contrast to the usual chaos around the internet that makes my eyes bleed.

Gotta agree with you, this sight is easier on the eyes than others. I actually like the white/yellow text on the dark blue background and the lack of images everywhere. I wouldn't mind thumbnailed images once we click into a story though.

26. Re: Fort Zombie Announced Sep 4, 2009, 16:14 PHJF

I like that the front page has no images on it, it's a stark contrast to the usual chaos around the internet that makes my eyes bleed.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

25. Re: Fort Zombie Announced Sep 4, 2009, 16:04 Geico Caveman

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 4, 2009, 17:00.

24. Re: Fort Zombie Announced Sep 4, 2009, 15:59  Blue 

That number's about 2% higher than I would have expected.

Well, it may be due to our dial-up friendliness... I dunno what this stat would be for other sites.

Time to ditch that dial-up and get a real connection Cavemen.

I assume this is addressed at Caveman, and not the Geico spokesmen. Even if it's not, I want all to know the minimal list of rules for these now includes a prohibition against baiting other users. Differences of opinion are going to happen, but calling someone out for no reason is just flame baiting.

And yes, this applies to signatures as well.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

23. Re: Fort Zombie Announced Sep 4, 2009, 15:48 Geico Caveman

I just recently saw some statistics indicating that under 2% of the visitors here are using dialup, so I guess your point is well taken.

That number's about 2% higher than I would have expected. Or better yet, 2% higher than it should be for 2009. Time to ditch that dial-up and get a real connection Cavemen. Your trailer park complex must support broadband by now, I'd look into that.

22. Re: Fort Zombie Announced Sep 4, 2009, 15:40  Blue 

Well, it is going to be 2010 in 4 months.

Well, whenever I deviate and post an image, it draws comments that I take as indications this is not welcome.

I just recently saw some statistics indicating that under 2% of the visitors here are using dialup, so I guess your point is well taken.

Edit: Apparently there's a "d" in "and."

This comment was edited on Sep 4, 2009, 15:47.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

21. Re: Fort Zombie Announced Sep 4, 2009, 15:33 Geico Caveman

I wonder sometimes if I need to transition to a more visual presentation of the news, where a story like this would have thumbnails of the screenshots. The fact that the screenshots listed in the story are linked here from another site sort of proves to me I need to finally give up the ghost of the all text story.

Not a bad idea. Writing your news in crayon would also probably do wonders for 95% of your user base. Just a suggestion.

20. Re: Fort Zombie Announced Sep 4, 2009, 15:28 Geico Caveman

You posted this in the wrong thread because there's nothing remotely interesting or innovative about this game.

Big call to make, considering the only details available are a two paragraph marketing blurb.

Fair enough. So tell me, from what they say in this "marketing blurb", what exactly is "interesting" or "innovative"? The only thing less innovative than a zombie game is a WWII shooter. Are those "innovative" too?

So based on your logic, I guess I could say to the guy who originally caled this game interesting and innovative "Big call to make, considering the only details available are a two paragraph marketing blurb".

This comment was edited on Sep 4, 2009, 15:30.

19. Re: Fort Zombie Announced Sep 4, 2009, 15:16 nin

I wonder sometimes if I need to transition to a more visual presentation of the news, where a story like this would have thumbnails of the screenshots. The fact that the screenshots listed in the story are linked here from another site sort of proves to me I need to finally give up the ghost of the all text story.

Well, it is going to be 2010 in 4 months.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

18. Re: Fort Zombie Announced Sep 4, 2009, 15:12  Blue 

Screenshots...

http://www.shacknews.com/screenshots.x?gallery=12741&game_id=7937&id=140188#img140188

<snicker>

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

17. Re: Fort Zombie Announced Sep 4, 2009, 14:47 Jonny

You posted this in the wrong thread because there's nothing remotely interesting or innovative about this game.

Big call to make, considering the only details available are a two paragraph marketing blurb.

This comment was edited on Sep 4, 2009, 14:48.

16. Re: Fort Zombie Announced Sep 4, 2009, 14:37 Geico Caveman

Well how about that, a somewhat interesting and innovative game idea. Certainly has a bunch of potential if they think it out properly and make it varied enough.

Why do I envision Warcraft2 where you stack buildings around buildings for 'protection'.

You have an overactive imagination?

15. Re: Fort Zombie Announced Sep 4, 2009, 14:34 Geico Caveman

Shut up nin, has to be one of the stupidest posts of 2009.

Actually no, yours was.

The real question is can your daddy beat up his daddy? You guys make Caveman look mature, and *that's* saying something.

Still, your post is still miles better than any music NIN ever put out.

This comment was edited on Sep 4, 2009, 14:34.

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo