Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Trailer

The intro video from Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising outlines the war torn history of Skira Island starting in the 15th century and on into the near future setting of Codemaster's military shooter. The cinematic clip is available on the YouTube.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Trailer Sep 5, 2009, 23:05 Jerykk

Please add lean to the PC version... please add lean to the PC version...  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Trailer Sep 5, 2009, 11:46 Yifes

Completely unrealistic scenario, but a good excuse to put modern militaries against each other.  

6. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Trailer Sep 5, 2009, 07:07 Dmitri_M

Even if this is consoled..if they provide real modding support, this will crush ArmA's best feature. The very active modding community.  

5. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Trailer Sep 5, 2009, 03:00 DangerDog

I'm sure the game is done but they're probably busy making a day one patch, or working on the demo.  

4. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Trailer Sep 4, 2009, 20:22 LittleMe

Yeah I don't see how this could be worse than ArmA2. It seems like they are paying attention to the game's interface and control system. I figure they probably went gold today because the release is 30 days out. I'll probably buy it day one.  

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

3. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Trailer Sep 4, 2009, 18:46 TeeCee

Also passed over Arma2, as someone who is has been a solid fan of OFP but shares the view that BIS *dont* offer "amazing support" but are actually constantly fixing their broken, rehashed projects.

Slowly but surely from recent media I am growing ever more confident this will be a great successor, and offer slick fun, accessible gameplay whilst remaining true to its roots. I like realism, and simulation in limitation, but ArmA became something that was just tiresome to "play", and increasingly fragmented with addons and hardcore home-soldier fanboi's who lost sight of what made OFP1 great.

The mix of infantry squad warfare and silentops missions looks akin to OFP1, and its good to spot lots of little details in there that make sure this snazzy new engine doesn't seem too distant to it's roots. Whilst lack of leaning, infantry freelook and controllable jets as well as arguable console-ism may bother some, and me to a degree, this still looks a solid title that will benefit from a modern game engine to take the quite niche genre forward. Extra excitement for the fully fledged editor for PC gamers that will mean endless replayability playing new coop missions with mates (a big draw of the original to take advantage of the sandbox open world).

2. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Trailer Sep 4, 2009, 16:53 Bone43

Past up ARMA 2 waiting on this hope its good.  

1. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Trailer Sep 4, 2009, 13:37 Techie714

Great video & great way to tell a story!  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo