Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Previews

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Morning Previews Sep 6, 2009, 04:00 Jerykk

I don't really have a problem with regenerating health between battles. Sitting around resting and casting healing spells is pretty tedious and fairly redundant when you're not in combat. If it took 10 minutes to completely regenerate health, that's ten minutes I'd spend just standing around.

That said, it is a factor in dangerous areas where you can't rest.

This comment was edited on Sep 6, 2009, 04:01.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Morning Previews Sep 5, 2009, 23:37 space captain

In other RPGs, you either "rest" or cast heal spells, then rest to recuperate your heal spells. I'd heal up between battles all the time, so if the game automates that, eh, I have no problem with it.

I have no need to return to the old gold box way of doing it, where you'd spend two months camped literally in front of the door that led to Lord Soth, just re-memorize your massive list of 9th level spells.

meh - regeneration is all well and good.. but 30 seconds? seems a bit too much to me

it fits the general trend of video game evolution, with autosaves and checkpoints and so forth becoming standard - but still it seems pretty damn weak on the challenge side imho

i suppose theres always something like "demon souls" for my kinda peeps

The game is cited as being so hard in fact that we’ve theorized that were the difficulty of it an alloy, you could survive a nuclear blast simply by coating your house with said substance. Atlus has yet to confirm this hypothesis.

Aside from the difficulty, one of the more interesting aspects of Demon Souls is that the game does not end with a player’s death, and that most should expect to spend a large portion of their time within From Software’s title split between life and death. A bloodstain will mark where a player has died, allowing others to learn from their mistakes and perhaps avoid the same fate.

And while this is great for the living, what about the fallen players?

Those that die will find themselves in spirit form, with three possible means of restoring their life - using a rare item, defeating a boss, or by direct interaction with other players. That final option allows dead players to enter a living player’s games, and either work co-operatively at defeating a boss to reclaim their life, or attempting to kill the living player to steal life back. Living players can call for aid from others, prepare to fight the intruder, or complete a boss fight on their own before the dead player reaches them to kick the invader out of their game.

Go forth, and kill!

6. Re: Morning Previews Sep 5, 2009, 15:02 Wowbagger_TIP

I guess I'll just have to trust that they've balanced the combat encounters properly so that the system will work. I'll probably be playing this on hard mode though. Seems like it might be too easy on the lower difficulties.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

5. Re: Morning Previews Sep 5, 2009, 01:50 Creston

wtf? what kind of challenge is that? thats pretty damn lame IMO

In other RPGs, you either "rest" or cast heal spells, then rest to recuperate your heal spells. I'd heal up between battles all the time, so if the game automates that, eh, I have no problem with it.

I have no need to return to the old gold box way of doing it, where you'd spend two months camped literally in front of the door that led to Lord Soth, just re-memorize your massive list of 9th level spells.

Creston

4. Re: Morning Previews Sep 4, 2009, 18:55 space captain

And because health, stamina, and mana quickly regenerate once a battle is over (it took me about 30 seconds to regenerate from near death to maximum health, for example),

wtf? what kind of challenge is that? thats pretty damn lame IMO

This comment was edited on Sep 4, 2009, 18:56.

Go forth, and kill!

3. Re: Morning Previews Sep 4, 2009, 15:18 Wowbagger_TIP

I'm actually excited about the game again after reading that Not sure about the regenerating health, but other than that it sounds pretty awesome. I'm interested in the toolset too. That should make for some pretty cool mods within a year or so of release. Oh and the tactics system sounds pretty nice too. Didn't know anything about that until now.

This comment was edited on Sep 4, 2009, 15:19.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

2. Re: Morning Previews Sep 4, 2009, 14:03 Creston

Gamebanshee is an excellent site, with very good writers who absolutely LOVE RPGs.

Creston

1. Re: Morning Previews Sep 4, 2009, 12:33 Jerykk

Excellent Dragon Age preview. Incredibly detailed and informative and it actually tells me the things I care about. A very nice change from the typical marketing bullshit that most previews are these days.  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo