Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Metaverse

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Metaverse Sep 4, 2009, 19:45 ASJD

Capitalism needs regulation. At this rate Capitalism is killing itself. It may already be too late. Modern products need massive corporations (or governments) to be created at all. There IS NO competition in MANY industries worldwide. There just isn't enough people to create these international products. Thus corporations can run wild all over capitalism.

Either world governments step up, or corporations will take control and end capitalism anyways.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Metaverse Sep 4, 2009, 13:27 Wowbagger_TIP

Yeah, the best way to get the broadband penetration numbers up in the US is to call everything broadband! Do you have a phone line? Then you have broadband! Do you have a satellite dish? You have broadband! Doesn't matter what the throughput rates are, or the latency. If the bar is so low you're likely to trip over it, then maybe the rest of the world will stop laughing at our pitiful numbers? Maybe?  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

3. Re: Metaverse Sep 4, 2009, 11:45 Narf2029

That's kind of when capitalism succeeds. Capitalism is all about making money, after all. It's supposed to be ruthless and not always in the best interest of the consumer. Especially true today with companies screwing consumers hand over fist today with no regard for tomorrow.  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

2. Re: Metaverse Sep 4, 2009, 11:09 HIGH_PING

A few years ago my ISP (ATT) RAISED their prices. I've had the same speed connection since 2000 and the prices go up >:(

When capitalism fails.

1. Re: Metaverse Sep 4, 2009, 10:34 ldonyo

Too bad Internet providers never seek to lower their prices to match their service.  

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo