Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Capcom Wreaks Havoc

Capcom Expands Use of Havok Physics Middleware for Triple-A Titles announces Japanese developer and publisher Capcom has made Havok its development tool of choice to add physics to Lost Planet 2 and Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles. Havok was also responsible for the physics in Lost Planet, Dead Rising, and Resident Evil 5.

View
11. Re: Capcom Wreaks Havoc Sep 3, 2009, 02:43 Rigs

No, no, theyarecomingforyou, you have a point and I understand where you're coming from but really, how is PhysX support different than early Force Feedback implementations? As far as I know there were two, until Immersion nudged the other out (I think it was a Microsoft-based FF). Granted, it's not really the same thing, PhysX is based in hardware (but could be included in DirectX eventually if MS saw to it (I'm speculating widely)) and FF is software based, but still kind of the same situation...

=-Rigs-=

'We talked about peace! You didn't want peace. We talked about cooperation! You didn't WANT cooperation. You WANT war! Is that it? You want a war? Well, you've GOT a war!'
Previous Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Sep 2, 15:33 Re: Capcom Wreaks Havoc theyarecomingforyou
  2. Sep 2, 16:06  Re: Capcom Wreaks Havoc spindoctor
  3. Sep 2, 16:43   Re: Capcom Wreaks Havoc DG
  4. Sep 2, 17:08 Re: Capcom Wreaks Havoc theyarecomingforyou
  5. Sep 2, 17:26  Re: Capcom Wreaks Havoc Kxmode
  6. Sep 2, 17:32  Re: Capcom Wreaks Havoc StingingVelvet
  7. Sep 2, 19:55  Re: Capcom Wreaks Havoc spindoctor
  8. Sep 2, 20:22 Re: Capcom Wreaks Havoc theyarecomingforyou
  9. Sep 2, 21:35  Re: Capcom Wreaks Havoc spindoctor
  10. Sep 2, 23:46  Re: Capcom Wreaks Havoc The Half Elf