Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Modern Warfare 2 MP Movie

The promised uncut multiplayer footage from Modern Warfare 2 is now available on the YouTube, offering a look at a flag capture from Infinity Ward's upcoming military shooter sequel. The high-resolution direct-feed clip runs almost two minutes.

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Modern Warfare 2 MP Movie Sep 2, 2009, 03:16 StingingVelvet

that is the only console shooter marketing video in memory that doesn't look like it was controlled by a cripple.

now the question is, was that a really good thumbstick player, or despite the 360 button cues, was it a mouse player? if I was marketing a console shooter I'd do the gameplay videos with a mouse, too.

Actually if you look the target snaps to the enemy when aiming down the sight... he is not that precise, the game snaps when you hit the aim button. I experienced this in Call of Duty 3 on PS3. It's pretty terrible, as you can just keep aiming, lowering, then aiming again to auto-target everyone and kill 20 people in 10 seconds.

There was even an "Inside Xbox" thing on the 360 dashboard recently that told people to do this in W@W... it's really lame.

This comment was edited on Sep 2, 2009, 03:18.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Modern Warfare 2 MP Movie Sep 2, 2009, 03:01 Jackplug

it looks nice, just shame it reminds me of the 1st MW with a few little extra's and thats it. Nothing special really, hardly worth all this hype..  

15. Re: Modern Warfare 2 MP Movie Sep 2, 2009, 00:46 PHJF

And every shooter is the same twitch gameplay since Marathon and Wolfenstein 3D.

You have a point somewhere?

Steam + PSN: PHJF

14. Re: Modern Warfare 2 MP Movie Sep 2, 2009, 00:39 LittleMe

You must be right, Citizen Kane is a terrible movie by today's standards.
Wait...

You are right.. And wrong.. Specifically I was referring to sci-fi type movies. But yes many movies that didn't try to do be sci-fi are fine movies even by today's standards. The first Star Wars is a great movie, but it's now quaint/cute.

And for the record, I played a lot of Counter-Strike. CoD4 represented the best "evolution" of CS I've seen.

Yes, it did. Yet CoD4 is still the same CS twitch shooter gameplay, eight years after CS came out.

Hey I'm all for old school gaming.. I love many of the old classics from the 80's and 90's but this CoD:MW MP gameplay shows nothing exceptional imo and it screams 'cash-in' with shallow and repetitive MP gameplay. I guess it's going more for polish and simplicity.

I hope you enjoy it...

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

13. Re: Modern Warfare 2 MP Movie Sep 2, 2009, 00:25 siapnar

And for the record, I played a lot of Counter-Strike. CoD4 represented the best "evolution" of CS I've seen.

I agree.. but I'm still waiting for that next iteration of CS

This comment was edited on Sep 2, 2009, 00:26.

I have projectile dysfunction.

12. Re: Modern Warfare 2 MP Movie Sep 1, 2009, 23:30 The Half Elf

I rather have a rock solid 'teenage kids' game then a overblown bug infested shooter sim that by a company that has 3 games under it's belt all with similar problems.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

11. Re: Modern Warfare 2 MP Movie Sep 1, 2009, 23:25 PHJF

You must be right, Citizen Kane is a terrible movie by today's standards.
Wait...

10. Re: Modern Warfare 2 MP Movie Sep 1, 2009, 21:03 LittleMe

PHJF, it's because better games have come along and outdone this style of multiplayer. That's how it's always been. Same thing with movies, they evolve. What was fantastic in movies in the 1950's is now quaint.

The video game Gauntlet was one of the hardcore games back in the late 80's. Now a game like that would be a casual game on a free, ad supported, web site.

These same rules apply to all games, including the CoD series.

This comment was edited on Sep 1, 2009, 21:04.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

9. Re: Modern Warfare 2 MP Movie Sep 1, 2009, 19:28 PHJF

I love that CoD1/2 are widely regarded as classic PC shooters and now that it's ridiculously popular everyone "cool" hates it.  

8. Re: Modern Warfare 2 MP Movie Sep 1, 2009, 18:50 LittleMe

Agreed Techi714. This is FPS for teenage kids. Fine for them but... not me.

I guess this is kiddie FPS rule 1: Don't make something deep and immersive for the masses, they can't handle it or don't want it.

This game is about 'not being too complicated in the first two minutes so our ADD customers don't uninstall it and throw it away.'

7. Re: Modern Warfare 2 MP Movie Sep 1, 2009, 18:31 Zyrxil

Bullet penetration
Yes
Gun jams
No
Bullet ballistics
Well, the ballistics of bullet penetration. Sort of.

It's fine for what it is, a mix of arcade and semi-realistic atmosphere. The first game's real problems were an incredibly shitty spawn system, a lack of game modes, a shitty server browser, and relatively poor custom map handling.

6. Re: Modern Warfare 2 MP Movie Sep 1, 2009, 18:24 Techie714

Looks like a typical COD game filled with lots of arcade action, hardly any realism & maps that are WAY to small. Question does the game have any of the following?

• Bullet penetration

• Gun jams

• Bullet ballistics
  • (IE: Bullet Drop)
  • Large outdoor maps to coordinate your attacks in a tactical fashion

• I'll stick to ARMA, BF2: Project Reality, & OFP:Dragon Rising

This comment was edited on Sep 1, 2009, 18:39.

Steam (ID)
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
    DEAD SH0T
    Keep your privacy!
    http://prism-break.org/

5. Re: Modern Warfare 2 MP Movie Sep 1, 2009, 18:07  Blue 

Infinity Ward, rather.

Argh, sorry about that... I blame caffeine withdrawal.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
    Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

4. Re: Modern Warfare 2 MP Movie Sep 1, 2009, 17:59 loomy

that is the only console shooter marketing video in memory that doesn't look like it was controlled by a cripple.

now the question is, was that a really good thumbstick player, or despite the 360 button cues, was it a mouse player? if I was marketing a console shooter I'd do the gameplay videos with a mouse, too.

3. Re: Modern Warfare 2 MP Movie Sep 1, 2009, 17:41 Rhett

DICE? DICE has nothing to do with MW2.

Thank god!

Great vid all kinds of weapons it looks like, glad they realize that the guns are the game, and variety matters. (YAY! Shield!)

2. Re: Modern Warfare 2 MP Movie Sep 1, 2009, 16:43 siapnar

Infinity Ward, rather.

Looks great. I love the new additions, especially the shield.

Throwing knives, although kind of impractical, are also cool.

I have projectile dysfunction.

1. Re: Modern Warfare 2 MP Movie Sep 1, 2009, 16:36 Kash

DICE? DICE has nothing to do with MW2.  

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo