Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Postal III Interview

The Postal III interview on UGDB is a lengthy chat about the coming installment in the outrageous shooter series with Steve Wik of developer Running with Scissors and Andrew Belkin of publisher/partner Akella. They discuss how the third go-round with the Postal-dude will present a more character-focused game with more "coherent" storytelling using more cut-scenes, how the new game fits with the events of the previous Apocalypse weekend, how the game can be played without any killing, the game's locale of Catharsis City, the progression from the isometric view of Postal to the first-person view of Postal II to the third-person view of Postal III, groups they are looking to offend with their NPCs this time around, weapons like BadgerSaws and cat-silencers, how most of the poor reviews of the first two game were written by "douchebags," how Uwe Boll is the new Gary Coleman, DLC plans, and unbelievably, still more.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Postal III Interview Aug 31, 2009, 23:00 MuzixMon

You have to have the intellect of an average 14 year old Xbox Live gamer in order to like these games. You know the kind of person I'm talking about. Kids like that are the reason I don't even bother playing console games online. I'll stick to my more mature PC crowd (for the most part anyways).

RWS does everything they can think of trying to be the bad boy on the block. All they accomplish is being annoying and totally not funny or entertaining. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a ole stick in the mud (GTA4 is one of my favorite games of all time) but the Postal games FAIL in every respect.

This comment was edited on Aug 31, 2009, 23:01.

"When all thats left is console gaming, I will game no more."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Postal III Interview Aug 31, 2009, 21:59 space captain

the ideas and the humor are passable but the execution is fucking retarded.. the games just arent fun to play

this one doesnt look much better

Go forth, and kill!

14. Re: Postal III Interview Aug 31, 2009, 21:37 peonjohn

I can get my kicks off of shock value. I would enjoy the complete freedom in a game where I can participate in a sadistic nature, to the point where I feel bad and have to ask myself "Holy Shit! Did I really just do that?"

But I remember playing a demo of one of the older postal games and the gameplay was terrible. I mean utterly atrocious.

13. Re: Postal III Interview Aug 31, 2009, 19:51 Caveman

Are people really looking forward to this?  

12. Re: Postal III Interview Aug 31, 2009, 19:44 siapnar

I think we're looking for all the possibilities Postal introduced to be merged with a game like GTA4.
Open world + Euphoria engine + Postal's ideas = yes

I have projectile dysfunction.

11. Re: Postal III Interview Aug 31, 2009, 16:58 Hump

Cuz sick fucks like me buy their games. How I love kicking a urine soaked head down the street. Can't wait.

we ALL like kicking "urine soaked heads" down the street. The problem is making it fun. Postal 2 was NOT fun for the majority of people. As someone mentioned they tried to be shocking but didn't have the talent to pull it off in a manner that was entertaining. I'd love a game where I could douse old lady's with gasoline and light them on fire but if all they do is scream once and dissolve into a few pixels then you lost me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

10. Re: Postal III Interview Aug 31, 2009, 16:57 Fantaz

How the hell does RWS stay in business?????

Probably since Uwe Boll made the Postal movie it has resulted in more sales of Postal 2? idk..

9. Re: Postal III Interview Aug 31, 2009, 16:54 [THA] Hamst3r

Postal 1 and 2 were great games.  

- The Hamster Alliance
http://www.hamsteralliance.com/ (music)

http://twitter.com/hamst3r | http://www.facebook.com/hamsteralliance | http://www.youtube.com/hamsteralliance

8. Re: Postal III Interview Aug 31, 2009, 16:32 EvilGrouse

Cuz sick fucks like me buy their games. How I love kicking a urine soaked head down the street. Can't wait.  

7. Re: Postal III Interview Aug 31, 2009, 15:12 Caveman

How the hell does RWS stay in business?????  

6. Re: Postal III Interview Aug 31, 2009, 11:31 siapnar

The last video I saw for Postal 3 was atrocious... just terrible in every aspect.  

I have projectile dysfunction.

5. Re: Postal III Interview Aug 31, 2009, 11:28 Shooters fanboy

I thought this was vaporware, isn't it a 3rd person game not 1st?  

4. Re: Postal III Interview Aug 31, 2009, 11:02 Vindicus

I played Postal II and all it had was shock value. Otherwise it was completely amateur and boring in it's design. I hope version 3 is better, but they're kidding themselves if they think they don't have to tone things down for an ESRB M rating and Microsoft approval.  

3. Re: Postal III Interview Aug 31, 2009, 10:12 InBlack

Yay for politically uncorrect games!  

I have a nifty blue line!

2. Re: Postal III Interview Aug 31, 2009, 09:35 Hump

how most of the poor reviews of the first two game were written by "douchebags,"

Maybe I'm way off base here but I'm guessing that the one thing you want to do when you make a shooter is make the shooting part fun.

The game had a few fun ideas but it was ruined by the incredibly dull combat. All the goofy novelty weapons in the world won't make up for that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

1. Re: Postal III Interview Aug 31, 2009, 09:33 Rosco

"You go girl" Bad reviews or not, I had a whole lotta fun with Postal II  
Consoles are schwag.

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo