Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Legal Briefs

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Legal Briefs Aug 31, 2009, 14:35 Ruffiana

I would have pegged Korea and possibly India  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Legal Briefs Aug 31, 2009, 13:38 Kxmode

How many, useless, commas, can I put, in this, comment?

I can count, five, commas, in your sentence.

In Communist China those commas would be arrested for sedition taken out back and shot by round bullets.

11. Re: Legal Briefs Aug 31, 2009, 08:50 Verno

Did you know 75% of grade school kids deal pirated media to each other on the recess playground?

I know you're kidding around but when I can find any game, movie or piece of music using nothing a torrent client and Google then I think it's also safe to say that piracy is pretty widespread.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland

10. Re: Legal Briefs Aug 31, 2009, 03:39 BobBob

Lori Drew is the future of America. Good thing I moved to Europe.  
http://tinyurl.com/WeatherImmunity Whew

9. Re: Legal Briefs Aug 31, 2009, 02:33 erez

"China and Russia you say? Not even close". Hardly. The report analyses what they can analyse, which is P2P traffic. Chine and Russia piracy isn't founded on P2P networks, but on stolen, and copied, media which is sold to customers for very cheap. This kind of activity cannot be measured in the tools used by the report. The report also mentions that those country have the highest downloads of all country surveyed. It doesn't say who has the highest uploads, or what exactly are the numbers in the US.  

8. Re: Legal Briefs Aug 30, 2009, 23:53 Narf2029

Piracy is rampant. Did you know 75% of grade school kids deal pirated media to each other on the recess playground? It's the gateway into digital piracy on the internet later in their lives. Shut down schools! Shut down the internet! These both cut significantly into the profits for the upper echelons. Sure, the developers/musicians cut into it a lot too but we can't completely cut them out or who will make these guys rich? It takes a lot of work to become obscenely wealthy off the hard work and ingenuity of other people. Show some respect!

This comment was edited on Aug 30, 2009, 23:54.

Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

7. Re: Legal Briefs Aug 30, 2009, 23:42 osage no onna

I wouldn't be surprised if those were just the countries that they want to put pressure on currently, so they release some random percentages to try to influence policy. Maybe there's some law that's currently being voted on? It's not like they're above that.  

6. Re: Legal Briefs Aug 30, 2009, 20:24 LittleMe

I can count, five, commas, in your sentence.  

Perpetual debt is slavery.

5. Re: Legal Briefs Aug 30, 2009, 16:31 Elf Shot The Food

How many, useless, commas, can I put, in this, comment?  

4. Re: Legal Briefs Aug 30, 2009, 15:25 ldonyo

ESA, BSA, RIAA and MPAA all use crap data and voodoo math to come up with "piracy" numbers. Me, I think they just put numbers in a hat and let the janitor pull them out.  

3. Re: Legal Briefs Aug 30, 2009, 13:52 Acleacius

No reason to trust esa, without seeing the actual data, since they constantly, LIE.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

2. Re: Legal Briefs Aug 30, 2009, 13:36 dubfanatic

You're probably right, which is one reason why piracy is still done primarily using physical media in China and Russia.

This comment was edited on Aug 30, 2009, 13:37.

1. Re: Legal Briefs Aug 30, 2009, 13:19 PHJF

I doubt China and Russia have a wide and cheap enough broadband infrastructure to support heavy piracy. Or so my American anti-Eastern instinct is telling me.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo