Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Majesty 2 Preorder Bonuses, Movie

Paradox Interactive announces preorders for Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim are underway on GamersGate and Impulse. They say Steam preorders should follow and also mention Direct2Drive preorders, but the game doesn't seem to actually be listed there yet. The Preorders carry a 20% discount and a bonus of a free copy of Majesty Gold upon the release of the RTS sequel that's not actually titled Battlefield 942. Also, there's a new gameplay overview video from the game on the YouTube.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Majesty 2 Preorder Bonuses, Movie Aug 28, 2009, 03:32 zincthallinide

I enjoyed Majesty, but yeah you watch it more than play it, and even then the game itself was easy, presumably because the AI wasn't so good at doing anything really complicated. AND, even then, the game was rather short. I did enjoy it, though.. it's just not one of those games where you feel like you accomplished much when it's over.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Majesty 2 Preorder Bonuses, Movie Aug 27, 2009, 22:12 indiv

Hmm, I was just about to post how Majesty Gold runs terribly on Windows 7 (x64), but I just went into the game and it plays perfectly. Something must have updated behind the scenes within the last month (new nvidia video driver, maybe?) and fixed it.

I've been playing it a lot for a couple months trying to beat my best times. (9 days on valley of the serpents!) Great game.

9. Re: Majesty 2 Preorder Bonuses, Movie Aug 27, 2009, 18:32 starmonkey

XP machine to play the original game on

It runs just fine on Vista.

The main issue is you have to downgrade your nvidia drivers to play it (google will help here).

ATI users (like me) are fine.

This comment was edited on Aug 27, 2009, 18:40.

8. Re: Majesty 2 Preorder Bonuses, Movie Aug 27, 2009, 17:51 Tomas

I too loved the first one and the expansion but am just unsure about this one. I'm hoping it's great, and I'd love to preorder it...but for some reason I feel like it's a huge risk.  

7. Re: Majesty 2 Preorder Bonuses, Movie Aug 27, 2009, 17:20 Wowbagger_TIP

I don't have an XP machine to play the original game on anyway. Not sure what I would do with it.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

6. Re: Majesty 2 Preorder Bonuses, Movie Aug 27, 2009, 16:41 Z9000

I have the first one and expansion on disc still. I liked it but I won't go the drm route for a sequel.  
PS3 resurgance by GOW3 - Check! Mass Effect for PS3 - Check! Diablo 3 for consoles? I say "For sure"!

5. Re: Majesty 2 Preorder Bonuses, Movie Aug 27, 2009, 15:51 Fuzzmatang

I couldn't get into the first one at all. It was like watching Age of Kings/Warcraft 2 play itself and half the time the dumb AI was doing its own thing instead of following your rewards and orders.  

4. Re: Majesty 2 Preorder Bonuses, Movie Aug 27, 2009, 15:40 Prez

I saw that movie, but given how many promising games that looked great in movies and interviews ended up disappointing, I think I'll wait for a demo, or, failing that, until the game is reviewed and run through its paces.

This comment was edited on Aug 27, 2009, 15:44.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

3. Re: Majesty 2 Preorder Bonuses, Movie Aug 27, 2009, 14:55 PHJF

you havent been looking very hard

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ai-walkthrough-majesty-2/52199

Steam + PSN: PHJF

2. Re: Majesty 2 Preorder Bonuses, Movie Aug 27, 2009, 14:40 Bhruic

Yeah, that's a summation of my opinion as well. The movies I've seen are ok, but they haven't been of actual gameplay - I want to know how that's working before I decide on a purchase.  

1. Re: Majesty 2 Preorder Bonuses, Movie Aug 27, 2009, 13:09 Prez

Hmmm... tempting. I'd love a digital copy of the original Majesty, and I'm very interested in the sequel, but I haven't seen enough about this new version to make a blind purchase.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo