Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BF2 Patch & Free Bonus Packs Tuesday

The Battlefield Blog has the update first mentioned yesterday about the version 1.50 patch for Battlefield 2 first mentioned during the Bush administration. DICE says the patch will be released next Tuesday, though skepticism on this point should be forgiven, since at one point release of this patch was promised for before Christmas 2008. They also announce the free release of both the Euro Forces and Armored Fury booster packs for all players, which will make for a ginormous update. The full update includes the change log, and here's a bit:

After nearly a year of development and three public beta tests Battlefield 2 v1.50 is ready for release. The update will be released on Tuesday 1st September at 5pm UK, 6pm Europe. Stay tuned for release announcement in the near future!

As part of Update 1.50 we are glad to announce that not only is Highway Tampa now a required install included in the update but Euro Forces (Great Wall, Taraba Quarry and Operation Smoke Screen) and Armored Fury (Midnight Sun, Operation Harvest and Operation Road Rage) is now FREE for all Battlefield 2 players. Including the brand new map, Operation Blue Pearl this brings EIGHT new maps that everyone can play and will be added to ranked Battlefield 2 servers world wide. The Booster Pack content is included in the update and has made the file just over 2Gb in size.

Server providers around the world will have access to the client file so find your closest host for best download speeds. To install Battlefield 2 Update v1.50 you must have Battlefield 2 updated to version 1.41 or Battlefield 2 Complete Collection from EA Store installed.

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: BF2 Patch & Free Bonus Packs Tuesday Aug 29, 2009, 10:27 Lilricky

Littleme, please don't troll here, you'll only get yourself banned.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: BF2 Patch & Free Bonus Packs Tuesday Aug 29, 2009, 00:09 LittleMe

Cry me a river! maybe one day you'll mature and see your fictitious victim story that you tell yourself and that gives you sick pleasure and sense of identity of who you think you are.

This comment was edited on Aug 29, 2009, 00:21.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

21. Re: BF2 Patch & Free Bonus Packs Tuesday Aug 28, 2009, 19:41 EvilGrouse

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 29, 2009, 10:44.

20. Re: BF2 Patch & Free Bonus Packs Tuesday Aug 28, 2009, 15:46 LittleMe

How nice. Free add ons that I previously paid for. Fucked by DICE again. Bastards!

LOL you ingrate. You had the addons long before they became free, right? So that had value? It does because now the addons will have everyone playing and that's great.

You could say the same thing about a game company that makes an old game free and curse and swear at them because 10 years after the game came out, it became free. That's interesting logic you have.

This comment was edited on Aug 28, 2009, 15:59.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

19. Re: BF2 Patch & Free Bonus Packs Tuesday Aug 28, 2009, 13:45 EvilGrouse

How nice. Free add ons that I previously paid for. Fucked by DICE again. Bastards!  

18. Re: BF2 Patch & Free Bonus Packs Tuesday Aug 28, 2009, 09:34 Zadig

This game really was a lot of fun with the right people. Unfortunately all my “right people” have moved on to other games, but it is nice to see them make the bonus packs free. Those maps were almost never used in the old days.  

17. Re: BF2 Patch & Free Bonus Packs Tuesday Aug 27, 2009, 22:52 LittleMe

Maybe they sell chinese burgers which prevent hangnails in Sweden, dumbass!  

16. Re: BF2 Patch & Free Bonus Packs Tuesday Aug 27, 2009, 19:59 Lilricky

Don't get too excited RCH, if someone at DICE gets a hangnail, or if they can't agree on chinese or burgers for lunch they'll postpone it another 2 months.  

15. Re: BF2 Patch & Free Bonus Packs Tuesday Aug 27, 2009, 18:53 RCH

1.50!? OMG, hell hath frozen over.  

Comedy is Tragedy + Time.

14. Re: BF2 Patch & Free Bonus Packs Tuesday Aug 27, 2009, 18:26 Geico Caveman

Did they fix the red name tag bug?

Nope. What do you expect? Progress?

13. Re: BF2 Patch & Free Bonus Packs Tuesday Aug 27, 2009, 17:41 Overon

Did they fix the red name tag bug?  

12. Re: BF2 Patch & Free Bonus Packs Tuesday Aug 27, 2009, 17:16 LittleMe

Aero, yes that's it. That's part of what makes PR so fun is that everyone joins squads and most are great team players and stick together. Also the game rules greatly encourage team work.  

11. Re: BF2 Patch & Free Bonus Packs Tuesday Aug 27, 2009, 17:10 Aero

I always hate night missions in any game for the most part. The COD4 ones were okay for the most part because of the cool laser sight effects, but otherwise it's usually just like playing on a small monochrome monitor.

I did like a lot of the equipment in Special Forces though. I should probably dig all this stuff out. Great as BF2 can be, it really sucked the last time I tried it online. It definitely lives or dies by the quality of the players. Never managed myself, but I can only imagine that if you could fill both teams with friendly, serious players, it would be on the short list of best all time gaming experiences.

10. Re: BF2 Patch & Free Bonus Packs Tuesday Aug 27, 2009, 15:56 The Half Elf

Special Forces wasn't bad.. but the night mission's that were one of the major highlights of the pack aren't all that great.
Euro Forces wasn't bad except it only had 2 maps that used the new vehicles.
Armored Assault is great, especially with the new vehicles and the maps set in the USA.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

9. Re: BF2 Patch & Free Bonus Packs Tuesday Aug 27, 2009, 15:53 Prez

I bought BF2 from gogamer for like 5 bucks (love that 48 hour madness!) about 6 months ago but never installed it. I guess I'll have a good reason to next week!  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

8. Re: BF2 Patch & Free Bonus Packs Tuesday Aug 27, 2009, 15:41 DangerDog

What about Special Forces?

What about it? It's not included with the patch if that's what you're asking.

7. Re: BF2 Patch & Free Bonus Packs Tuesday Aug 27, 2009, 15:13 CommunistHamster

What about Special Forces?  

6. Re: BF2 Patch & Free Bonus Packs Tuesday Aug 27, 2009, 14:49 CrimsonPaw

Very cool, time to get BF2 installed. I have to say, I dig BF2 much more than 2142; the latter just seemed to be missing something in the gameplay. Regardless, this is one of the few games my aging PC will actually play now.  
~~Crim~~

5. Re: BF2 Patch & Free Bonus Packs Tuesday Aug 27, 2009, 14:45 DangerDog

Also, you no longer need to have the DVD in the drive to play as they removed the DVD check from the game, most people mounted the mini-image but still - you won't need to do that anymore.

The biggest problem is the exploits used to get inside buildings didn't get fixed so you'll need to play on a server that is closely monitored.

4. Re: BF2 Patch & Free Bonus Packs Tuesday Aug 27, 2009, 13:48 LittleMe

Great news! Yeah hopefully this will make up for the 1943 delay. BF2 is still one of the best multiplayer FPS games, especially with this prone diving fix! I can't wait for the PR mod update for 1.5 patch! The prone diving fix will certainly improve PR mod.

You can get BF2 for $10 in many stores still and that can last hundreds of hours of play. Best money you can spend. The game performs very well on a mid-grade PC today.

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo