Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

We have some work being done on the chimney here at the Blue Tower, as it was starting to deteriorate to the point where we feared it would come tumbling down one day. Contradicting that theory is just how much effort was required to remove the old brick, as the whole place was shaking at times as this process unfolded. Thankfully, that part of the project is complete, and in just a few weeks the headache the demolition gave me will start to ease.

Demolished Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Play: Ricochet Kills.
Paper War.
Another Small Favor.
Link: The poodles transformed into pandas, horses and even snails. I'm hiding this from the Gunnar-man.
Stories: Farmers issue warning after fatal cow attacks.
Batplane. Thanks j.c.f.
Clive Thompson on the New Literacy.
Science: Steam-powered car breaks century-old speed record. Thanks Slashdot.
An Environmentally Friendly Mosquito Repellent?
Scientific Experiment Raises Prospect of Babies With 3 Parents. Thanks theAntiELVIS.
Media: Taste the Cake (half life machinima). Thanks Ian.
Follow-ups: U.S. Chamber of Commerce seeks trial on global warming. Thanks Slashdot.
Mars, and Step on It. Thanks j.c.f.
The Funnies: Mass Effect 2 New Tech Revealed.

View
2. Steam-powered car Aug 27, 2009, 10:47 osage no onna

I love steam engines of all kinds, and really hope they'll make a comeback some day (minus the coal). At least they're once again building new steam locomotives. They're also working on diesel/steam hybrids, which is pretty awesome in my book.  
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Aug 27, 10:22 Re: Out of the Blue nin
  3. Aug 27, 10:51  Re: Out of the Blue InBlack
>> 2. Aug 27, 10:47 Steam-powered car osage no onna
  4. Aug 27, 11:08 Re: Out of the Blue banddirector
  5. Aug 27, 12:19  Re: Out of the Blue Cutter
  6. Aug 27, 12:58   Re: Out of the Blue kanniballl

footer

Blue's News logo