Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

We have some work being done on the chimney here at the Blue Tower, as it was starting to deteriorate to the point where we feared it would come tumbling down one day. Contradicting that theory is just how much effort was required to remove the old brick, as the whole place was shaking at times as this process unfolded. Thankfully, that part of the project is complete, and in just a few weeks the headache the demolition gave me will start to ease.

Demolished Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Play: Ricochet Kills.
Paper War.
Another Small Favor.
Link: The poodles transformed into pandas, horses and even snails. I'm hiding this from the Gunnar-man.
Stories: Farmers issue warning after fatal cow attacks.
Batplane. Thanks j.c.f.
Clive Thompson on the New Literacy.
Science: Steam-powered car breaks century-old speed record. Thanks Slashdot.
An Environmentally Friendly Mosquito Repellent?
Scientific Experiment Raises Prospect of Babies With 3 Parents. Thanks theAntiELVIS.
Media: Taste the Cake (half life machinima). Thanks Ian.
Follow-ups: U.S. Chamber of Commerce seeks trial on global warming. Thanks Slashdot.
Mars, and Step on It. Thanks j.c.f.
The Funnies: Mass Effect 2 New Tech Revealed.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 27, 2009, 12:58 kanniballl

Speaking of which has anyone read that series? I'd like to get my hands on it. That's the one that culminates with Cap's assassination isn't it?

Yup, it's where Cap dies at the end. But it looks like it's going to be a traditional comic book death.

It was an alright event, kind of an all-out major cross-over like DC comics has every few years. They tried the whole "moral ambiguity angel" but other comics did a better job with it. Is the law just? Is it right to lock someone up indefinitely for not revealing their identity? Is it right to hire known murderers to hunt down violators to the law? etc.

For MUA2 it works out well, as it establishes a framework for all of the heroes to be grouping up in huge teams that don't follow the normal groups.

In short:
  • Basically a routine hero/villain fight ends in a disasterous explosion, killing 600+ civilians.

• The government says "enough is enough: all superhumans need to register with the government and reveal their true identities."

• Tony Stark supports it, partly as a power-play but also because he feels that the act would lead to government trained-and-organized hero teams.

• Captain America feels that it's un-american and endangers loved ones.

• FIGHT

• -EDIT-
    Removed spoilers in case Cutter was actually looking at reading it.

This comment was edited on Aug 27, 2009, 16:18.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
    -Fry, Futurama
    Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 27, 2009, 12:19 Cutter

Well, almost finished Bats, great friggin game! I'm really stoked about Marvel Ultimate Alliance on Sept. 14! I was totally addicted to MUA, so I hope it stays true to the original - with spiffier graphics. I on the MUA2 website they talk about the Civil War aspect based on the series though I can't tell if they utilize it in the game in some way. Speaking of which has anyone read that series? I'd like to get my hands on it. That's the one that culminates with Cap's assasination isn't it?

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 27, 2009, 11:08 banddirector

The grout on our chimney has been degrading from weather and has been steadily falling off over the years, and the top couple of layers have (what appears to be) little grout left. I was considering having the work done to repair it all, but based on Blue's narrative I might just wait a couple more years. Or, at least, until the bricks start falling ...

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 27, 2009, 10:51 InBlack

Yeah that X plane looks cool. Too bad the concept will never become a reality in civilian aircraft.

Those poodles really freaked me out....Especially the horse and buffalo poodle. Im sure the dogs appreciate the attention even if they cant understand it but the owners are the ones that worry me. I mean whats next, "Pimp my Poodle"?

I have a nifty blue line!

2. Steam-powered car Aug 27, 2009, 10:47 osage no onna

I love steam engines of all kinds, and really hope they'll make a comeback some day (minus the coal). At least they're once again building new steam locomotives. They're also working on diesel/steam hybrids, which is pretty awesome in my book.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 27, 2009, 10:22 nin

Batplane.

Damn that looks awesome...

edit: So I started playing Saints Row 2 last night, and was amazed how bad it was. Frame rate was caca, the character animations were really stiff, driving cars felt totally unrealistic, and the streets looked deserted.

I have no idea how the game got the good reviews it did...at least Red Faction is fun.

This comment was edited on Aug 27, 2009, 10:26.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo