Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - CrimeCraft

The CrimeCraft Website announces this MMOFPS is now in stores and the servers are live. A bunch of new gameplay trailers accompany the release, these can be found on AtomicGamer, and here's the announcement:

You’ve been waiting impatiently for this day to arrive, and it’s finally here! THQ and Vogster Entertainment today announced that the highly anticipated Persistent World Next-gen Shooter CrimeCraft®, has shipped to North America and is available for purchase at exclusive retail partners Best Buy (USA & Canada) and Future Shop (Canada) in addition to directly online via download from Steam, Direct2Drive and right here on CrimeCraft.com.

Daniel Prousline, vice president of development for Vogster, said “The streets of CrimeCraft are ready to be filled with players anxious to leave their mark and earn leader board glory for themselves and their gangs. We are pleased to work with Best Buy as our exclusive retail partner to develop a one of a kind program for their customers.”

CrimeCraft is a Persistent World Next-Gen Shooter that blends a gripping, action-packed shooter experience with the best community and role-playing elements found in massively multi-player games. CrimeCraft is set in a gritty fictional city of the near future, following an ecological disaster of unprecedented scale, where the price of life is far less valuable than one’s reputation. Join thousands of players online as you learn the rules of the street, build your own gang and do whatever it takes to survive amidst the chaos.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Ships Ahoy - CrimeCraft Aug 26, 2009, 12:14 Elessar

If you truly have no insight, why bother posting? I bet more than half of the useless one-liner posts in here haven't even played the game or looked up media.

Thanks to those who did offer some insight and provided some information on their experience. I looked up some gameplay vids and thought it looked decent. Shame about the snipers though. I think this could take off with some more content. Let's hope they stay alive long enough to add to it. I agree with others that this being a monthly subscription hurts it's chances. Hopefully a free trial will become available soon.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Ships Ahoy - CrimeCraft Aug 26, 2009, 11:58 Tumbler

I tried the beta and I wish they'd spend more time on this game. I thought the maps you played on were great. I enjoyed the pvp battles until I got a machine gun. The basic assault rifle was great, good balance in my opinion, but the other weapons seemed either too powerful or too weak. Sniper rifles were ruining the game in my opinion.

The upgrade system was confusing, some weapons had upgrade slots but I had a hard time finding components that I could attach, and it never seemed like I could add what I wanted. Most of the weapons were comically oversized as well. With a subscription based game there should be a TON more weapons available, but always felt like things looked the same and there were 3 types in most cases.

It needs A lot more content all around or it needs a much lower price.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

13. Re: Ships Ahoy - CrimeCraft Aug 26, 2009, 09:21 MMORPGHoD

This just goes to show you that adding "Craft" to the end of your game's title doesn't make it good.  

12. Re: Ships Ahoy - CrimeCraft Aug 26, 2009, 09:06 Dev

So this is a pay monthly? ugh  

11. Re: Ships Ahoy - CrimeCraft Aug 26, 2009, 07:38 Bludd

Love the title, duuuuude! Innovative use of words!!  

10. Re: Ships Ahoy - CrimeCraft Aug 26, 2009, 06:28 StingingVelvet

If it was not a subsciption based game I would probably buy it... but it is, and that is nutty.

I give it a year.

9. Re: I missed the beta. Aug 26, 2009, 05:04 n0slet

This game was alright in beta, dancing in the center of downtown in my tighty whities with 30 other people was amusing for a bit. If it was free with microtransactions or the like it would likely have been fun to play, even if the game turned into a pure sniper trap. The maps were way too sniper friendly imo. Every PVP game I tried over the few weeks I was in beta the snipers pretty much took 1st-3rd place in every match by a huge margin, so much so I had to go sniper myself when I got high enough level, and it was just way too easy due to the map design and the power of the rifle if you built it right. All it takes is some proximity bomb traps to close off access routes to your perch and being aware of your surroundings so you always get the 1st and only shot on someone who's looking for you and it was easy as pie.

There was virtually no reason to even use another weapon. All in all it was great fun to kill some time for a few days, and I might consider playing it if it was free to play, but it's just not worth it with the way the weapon balance is, and the amount of content or lack thereof in it. I went into it expecting something more akin to GTA Online or the like, but for those wanting that look elsewhere to like All Points Bulletin or the like. I honestly can't believe due to the overall quality of this game it isn't a free to play + microtransaction game as it's nowhere near good enough to ask for a monthly fee for imo. Maybe in a year or so if it survives that long and they add considerable more content and substance to it but not from what I saw in beta.

This comment was edited on Aug 26, 2009, 05:04.

8. Re: I missed the beta. Aug 26, 2009, 01:38 Kxmode

This game is completely free of stereotypes. Yessiree bob.  

7. Re: I missed the beta. Aug 25, 2009, 23:33 Riker

Another turd on the shit pile... booooooring.  

6. I missed the beta. Aug 25, 2009, 22:14 Ant

I didn't know the game was already shipping so I missed it (too busy with real life and work). I asked if there was going to be a free trial and they said no: http://www.crimecraft.com/forums/Beginners-Alley/topics/Missed-the-beta ... Oh well.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - CrimeCraft Aug 25, 2009, 22:13 siapnar

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  

I have projectile dysfunction.

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - CrimeCraft Aug 25, 2009, 21:03 Bill Borre

That sounds too much like real life.  

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - CrimeCraft Aug 25, 2009, 20:43 Trevellian

I was waiting impatiently for this? Crap, why didn't someone tell me, I woulda gone right out and bought my copy after playing the crappy Beta.  

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2

2. Re: someone actually paid money for this? Aug 25, 2009, 20:27 Nick W

Yeah this game could have been way more popular as free to play or even a one time fee for the game box. The beta gameplay was decent, but there are only about 12 maps (of those, you can only PVE on like 3) and the weapon balance leaves bad taste in your mouth (Multiple AWP like weapons, why use anything else).

The persistence is fun, but considering you can already gain levels and new guns in games like Call of Duty 4, you are basically paying an extra $10 a month for a crappy crafting system and the devs promises of more content.

This comment was edited on Aug 26, 2009, 00:40.

1. someone actually paid money for this? Aug 25, 2009, 20:12 space captain

more like crimecrap  
Go forth, and kill!

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo