Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Trailer

A new trailer from S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat is now available to show off more of this coming installment in GSC Game World's shooter series set in the inhospitable Chernobyl region. The clip demonstrates the game's environments and graphics more than gameplay, though there is a little combat mixed in as well. The trailer concludes with a reassuring Fall 2009 release date. You can find the movie on ActionTrip.

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Trailer Aug 25, 2009, 20:03 space captain

clear sky is awesome, better than the 1st, no crashes here.. its the fucking shit, play it now, that is all  
Go forth, and kill!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Trailer Aug 25, 2009, 14:37 Tumbler

Does this mean clear sky will be a $5 sale on Steam!? I can't wait to add it to my list of games on steam that I'll never play! (I'm serious, I want to own this on steam but have no real interest in playing it...it's weird.)  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

19. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Trailer Aug 25, 2009, 12:42 Surf

Clear Sky was great, i am not sure why people bag on it. It was better than SoC because it was practically the same game but many aspects improved.

To me, the swamps were level (the starting level) is one of the best levels ever made for Stalker. Especially at night with the enhanced weather, rain and lightning effects!

I would play SoC then CS then this one when available.

18. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Trailer Aug 25, 2009, 01:55 Caveman

I bought it when it came out, ran it on my new Quad Core, and after going through it twice, I can say other then one CTD that happened due to an NPC being bugged (Fixed in the first patch, actually) it never crashed on me.
Bull...shit, both Stalker games upon release had memory leaks with the X-Ray engine, especially Clear Sky. Unless you played in very tiny increments, the engine itself would eventually overload and crash. Hell, there's a bug where if you keep overwriting the same save file too many times, the save itself becomes corrupted after a certain number of overwrites, even the save files had memory leaks.

Don't get me wrong, I love Stalker, but saying it ran fine out of the box is a flat out lie. I could not believe the amount of stuttering Shadow of Chernobyl suffered from upon launch with dynamic lighting on. Literally every 5 seconds, I would have about a hiccup or stutter, rendering the game unplayable. Once it got 1.005, then it became playable.

I really hope they do some proper bug testing this time, I don't care if it gets delayed until 2010, if the stalker franchise really wants to flourish, they can't afford another Clear Sky release.

17. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Trailer Aug 25, 2009, 01:07 Acleacius

How can people be surprised, when other people, even vast majorities have bugs/problems/crashes, just becasue they are not? Do they judge the world as if they are the only person and the other 8 billion be damn if they have another circumstance?

Not only that, it is a KNOWN fact that the Stalker titles have been extremely buggy and pushed out the door in basically a beta stage. I am not sure if there is another dev group so consumed by chasing graphic whores, well maybe crytek.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

16. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Trailer Aug 25, 2009, 00:45 Bumpy

Stalker will go down in history as one of the best game series ever. Atmosphere is 2nd to none in the Zone. I'm all over this day of release, baby! "Hey! Over here!"  

15. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Trailer Aug 25, 2009, 00:18 Icewind

I'm always amazed at the amount of people who say that they've had crashes in Clear Sky.

I bought it when it came out, ran it on my new Quad Core, and after going through it twice, I can say other then one CTD that happened due to an NPC being bugged (Fixed in the first patch, actually) it never crashed on me.

I actually consider both Stalkers to be my "go-to" games just for the fact that they run so solidly for me.

14. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Trailer Aug 24, 2009, 23:51 PHJF

I'm taking a wait and see. Clear Sky was a *fucking mess* OOB, and ended up being a fraction of SHOC anyways.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

13. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Trailer Aug 24, 2009, 23:23 Rhialto

A.W.E.S.O.M.E.

I'm so sold to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. since I first heard of it.

I wonder this time if North America will get a Collector's Edition? BitComposer... hmmm.. they are new and very small so I guess I should not believe in this too much (does that make sense? It's a rude translation from french).

12. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Trailer Aug 24, 2009, 23:22 Acleacius

The movie seems to only be sort of a tech demo, really doesn't tell us anything about CoP premise or story timeline.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

11. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Trailer Aug 24, 2009, 22:39 Aero

Hopefully they take testing and bug squashing seriously this time. When a game is released with very serious bugs, bugs that aren't configuration specific, but that everyone gets, that's a pretty bad sign.

Still, it's a great game, so I'm all over it, but not until it's given the all clear bug wise or is patched enough to be acceptable this time. The first time playing through a game is the most important and enjoyable, but having that first experience marred by show stopping bugs, crashes (Clear Sky gave me the only BSOD's I've had in at least five years), and too much time tweaking and problem solving is something I won't deal with. I'm not buying it the day it comes out as with the last two even though I knew what to expect with CS--saw it on the shelf and couldn't resist.

It will be hard to resist, but the experience will be much better for it. When I was frustrated with playing CS a week or two after its release and loaded up Crysis (of all things), I was surprised by how strikingly different playing a stable game was. It had come to the point where I had to actually change my playing style, not even just the constant saving (quicksaves being untrustworthy), but things like not running across a map too fast because that could cause the game to crash, and just the general relief of not having the constant worry about crashes nagging at the back of my mind while I played. It was truly like a breath of fresh air. I had a relatively good experience with it compared with many people on their forums too.

I'd rather see no engine improvements like better graphics and such, but just bug fixes and cleaning up since CS. After all, aside from the bugs, X-Ray is a pretty good engine as it is. Very pretty. Maybe I'd like to see the draw distance of the shrubs lengthened because that pop up looked pretty ridiculous sometimes with the dark shrubs on light terrain--hills would be light tan in the distance, but totally covered in dark brown grass when you got there. That could be pretty easily solved by just matching the two properly. It seemed like it might be better from the video. Couldn't really tell.

They're good games though, very good games. That's the real reason why its so frustrating. Good enough to deal with more bugs than usual, but only to a point.

10. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Trailer Aug 24, 2009, 20:55 Rosco

Recommended you finish the first, but be warned, there are about 7 different endings, depending on how you have played the game. Two however depend if you can locate the hidden area in the reactor, where you will have two separate endings depending on choice. One is very short, the other, well, lets just hope you got a whole lotta ammo and med kits. Muwahahahahaha!

You're not missing much if you skip Clear Sky, since it was a prequel that doesn't offer much in the story of the game.

This comment was edited on Aug 24, 2009, 20:56.

Consoles are schwag.

9. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Trailer Aug 24, 2009, 20:18 Caveman

If you think Oblivion Lost was good, check this mod out, definitely seems better in almost every way possible.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/lurk

8. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Trailer Aug 24, 2009, 20:14 spindoctor

You should look at Oblivion Lost 2.2. I think it's the best mod out for the game. Another one to look into is Stalker Complete 2009. Both are huge mods that change the base game by a lot, although I don't think they can work together. Check and see which one interests you.  
Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

7. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Trailer Aug 24, 2009, 20:07 Kosumo

I will do, I've got the steam version, can I/what modes should I install for a good exprenace? ( steam version all patched up), played it first up in its off the disk from and still enjoyed it.  

6. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Trailer Aug 24, 2009, 19:51 Proudfoot

Story wise, if I go form the oringal to this and skip Clear Sky, do I miss Much (never finished first one despite enjoying, about %60 though)

I recommend finishing that bad-boy. The last part of the game is freaky cool once you get to the actual reactor. Just make sure you are Rad-safe, lol.

I didn't get Clear Sky as it sounded like it wasn't anything like Shadows. I'm not sure I'll pick this one up for awhile either, the game has a track record of "horribly buggy at release".

5. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Trailer Aug 24, 2009, 19:26 Kosumo

Story wise, if I go form the oringal to this and skip Clear Sky, do I miss Much (never finished first one despite enjoying, about %60 though)  

4. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Trailer Aug 24, 2009, 19:24 Caveman

Looks great, but the NPCs still suffer from that stiff, robotic animation.  

3. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Trailer Aug 24, 2009, 19:21 Rosco

Yes! More fun in the zone baby! Sign me up for another tour. Loved SoC, CS was fun but not as good as the first. But every moment I get to play in the zone is a blast.  
Consoles are schwag.

2. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Trailer Aug 24, 2009, 19:15 Dots

I'll be soooo buying this. One of my favorite series in the last years.  

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo