Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mass Effect 2 Simultaneous PC/360 Release

The Mass Effect 2 interview on VG247 discusses the upcoming RPG sequel with BioWare associate producer Jesse Houston. Topics include their efforts at producing the same amount of gameplay as is in the original Mass Effect with twice the assets, changes to combat, control schemes, and more. He also talks about how the PC edition will ship simultaneously with the Xbox 360 version: "We learned a lot from building the PC version before, and having built it six months later there was a big difference. So we actually took what we learned from PC and put it back into 360. Fundamentally, we want you to have the same gameplay experience, but just with the difference in controls. This time round, doing it at the same time for a sim-ship, we can control the differences much more smoothly because it’s the same team building it now."

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Mass Effect 2 Simultaneous PC/360 Release Aug 26, 2009, 11:47 Shadowcat

Given that we all know damn well by now that the console version is going to be considered the most important, and that most software development runs behind schedule, a simultaneous release seems to increase the chances of the PC version ending up as a near-unmodified copy of the X-Box version, when there's no time left in the schedule to do a really nice port. I hope I'm wrong, but frankly, in the modern age of game development, I like it when the PC version comes later... I feel it at least has a chance that way.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Mass Effect 2 Simultaneous PC/360 Release Aug 25, 2009, 02:50 Jerykk

If you look at most good shooters, they lock down frame-rate at 30FPS: we’ve done the same thing. Bam. Everything’s 30FPS, streaming is fixed up so that… If you remember in Mass 1, if you took a step backwards and you hit a weird stream and it’d pause for a moment. We’ve done a away with that. What you’re seeing here is pulled straight from the game.

Sigh. I certainly hope the PC version won't be locked at 30 FPS.

20. Re: Mass Effect 2 Simultaneous PC/360 Release Aug 25, 2009, 00:14 Dr. D. Schreber

The first KOTOR is the best Star Wars movie.

Fixed.

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

19. Re: Mass Effect 2 Simultaneous PC/360 Release Aug 24, 2009, 23:37 Prez

This is a great move by EA/Bioware. I am thrilled that I don't have to wait 6 months after the console release again. Kudos!  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

18. Re: Mass Effect 2 Simultaneous PC/360 Release Aug 24, 2009, 23:02 necrosis

Hay Blue.

Not sure if you want to post it but apparently MEPC *FINALLY* got its 1.02 update.

Might actually be able to play the game with nVidia drivers that install that physx crap. Only took, what? 10 months?

17. Re: Mass Effect 2 Simultaneous PC/360 Release Aug 24, 2009, 22:39 Yifes

I have a feeling i really missed something in not playing Mass Effect and KOTOR.

What other people say about mass effect pretty much sums it up. Yeah it can be repetitive, yeah the story is obvious and kinda lame, but it's a very solid game with one of THE best production values ever put into a RPG. Game looks gorgeous and the fully voice acted dialogue is just wow. Get it cheap and you won't regret it!

This comment was edited on Aug 24, 2009, 22:42.

16. Re: Mass Effect 2 Simultaneous PC/360 Release Aug 24, 2009, 22:20 PHJF

Mass Effect is total shit compared to KotOR  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

15. Re: Mass Effect 2 Simultaneous PC/360 Release Aug 24, 2009, 21:58 Creston

I have a feeling i really missed something in not playing Mass Effect and KOTOR..
i fail don't i?

The first KOTOR is the best Star Wars game released since Jedi Outcast. And about a ten times better story than that shit that George Lucas put into theaters.

Mass Effect is a solid space opera/sci-fi tale, with some really good parts and some fairly mediocre parts. As a universe, it's awesome, and I've always had a blast playing through it, but it could definitely be better.

ME2 looks to fix quite a lot of those issues, and its story is a direct continuation from the story of the first Mass Effect, so if you can get it cheap somewhere, it's definitely worth playing through.

Creston

14. Re: Mass Effect 2 Simultaneous PC/360 Release Aug 24, 2009, 20:52 bigspender

Why OH why is this not co-op ? Neverwinter nights was the shit because co-op  

Adults are just children that are allowed to make their own decisions.

13. Re: Mass Effect 2 Simultaneous PC/360 Release Aug 24, 2009, 20:51 Narf2029

If you like CRPGs, both are games you should not pass up.  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

12. Re: Mass Effect 2 Simultaneous PC/360 Release Aug 24, 2009, 20:00 ColoradoHoudini

I have a feeling i really missed something in not playing Mass Effect and KOTOR..
i fail don't i?

11. Re: Mass Effect 2 Simultaneous PC/360 Release Aug 24, 2009, 19:58 Cutter

It'll get pushed back or canned for some reason or other.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

10. Re: Mass Effect 2 Simultaneous PC/360 Release Aug 24, 2009, 19:16 subx

The first one was a bit too easy and repetitive for my liking (no where near as good as KOTOR). And I seem to remember everyone going on about the "amazing" story at the time, it wasn't terrible, just a bit slow and obvious.

9. Re: Mass Effect 2 Simultaneous PC/360 Release Aug 24, 2009, 18:29 Overon

I will be happy if they stop the generic corridor "dungeons" that there were dozens and dozens off in all the side missions.  

8. Re: Mass Effect 2 Simultaneous PC/360 Release Aug 24, 2009, 18:28 LittleMe

I'm not sure if this game will be better than Battlefield 2. After all, Mass Efect is very similar. (LOL Space Captain)  

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

7. Re: Mass Effect 2 Simultaneous PC/360 Release Aug 24, 2009, 18:09 Fion

I'm happy to hear it's being released at the same time,

But I am WAY happier to hear it's being done IN HOUSE. MEPC was solid but Demiurge, who did the conversion on the first, did a shit job in a lot of aspects, such as the UI. Not to mention it was quite buggy.

6. Re: Mass Effect 2 Simultaneous PC/360 Release Aug 24, 2009, 17:45 Kosumo

No one need to do anything, and we can all still bitch about PC sales being dead, its what we do - its the internet!  

5. Re: Mass Effect 2 Simultaneous PC/360 Release Aug 24, 2009, 17:41 MTechnik

What!? They need to delay the PC so we can bitch about PC sales being dead!

Sorry, had to.

4. Re: Mass Effect 2 Simultaneous PC/360 Release Aug 24, 2009, 17:30 Creston

Great news.

Creston

3. Re: Mass Effect 2 Simultaneous PC/360 Release Aug 24, 2009, 17:30 Caveman

=D  

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer