Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

WoW Cataclysm Videos

Three new videos are available for the just-announced World of Warcraft: Cataclysm expansion. There's the World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Debut Trailer on GameTrailers.com, a Lost Isles Walkthrough Video on GameVideos, and a Gilneas Walkthrough Video from GameVideos.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: WoW Cataclysm Videos Aug 23, 2009, 10:53 Razor

Not sure if anyone noticed but at the start of the gametrailers.com video, it shows Stormwind Harbor... (along with all the rest of the water in the video) with fully reflecting water

Yep they are finally updating the water effects. I hope boats finally have a wake and bob like they should, but I'm not holding my breath.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: WoW Cataclysm Videos Aug 22, 2009, 00:14 The Half Elf

Not sure if anyone noticed but at the start of the gametrailers.com video, it shows Stormwind Harbor... (along with all the rest of the water in the video) with fully reflecting water.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

11. Re: WoW Cataclysm Videos Aug 21, 2009, 21:41 Kxmode

Whatever happened to Peter Cullen doing Blizzard's video work? This new guy sucks.

It's the same voice they used for the TBC teaser video.

10. Re: WoW Cataclysm Videos Aug 21, 2009, 21:22 Enforcer

So now all the old zones will be phased? If i don't have the expansion, and I'm walking around the barrens, and you have the expansion, and you're in the barrens.. i am to assume we will be able to chat in whispers, but not interact or see any sort of public chat?

I think that is going to be for everyone Colorado, like Lich King where the Shadow Ghosts were running around in the major towns. I think the expansion will give people the ability to go to 85, the new craft and races. But weather your new or an old player the world will be torn from now on.

I think it's kind of cool and interesting as it is moving a story along and the events are affecting the world which affects everyone. My only complaint right now is the elite players who can do the Naxx and VoA runs have the better equipment. You have to know the fights and do so much DPS to be invited.

How am I to ever even try if no one will let me in? I feel this new expansion will be the same way for the new content.

9. Re: WoW Cataclysm Videos Aug 21, 2009, 20:18 Zadig

Archaeology sounds like the Scholar profession in LoTRO. You harvested trash from nodes in ruins and made trinkets like scrolls, dyes, and potions. Since vanilla WoW already had alchemy presumably itíll be the scrolls and dyes.  

8. Re: WoW Cataclysm Videos Aug 21, 2009, 19:41 NKD

Still waiting on Riker's left nut.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

7. Re: WoW Cataclysm Videos Aug 21, 2009, 19:19 ColoradoHoudini

Well, I am interested.. I wonder what Archaeology will entail though? Anyone want to hazard a guess.
Worgen.. for Alliance?? lies!! I want them on Horde.. keep Goblins neutral and give Alliance.. err..err..well, I got nothing.

So now all the old zones will be phased? If i don't have the expansion, and I'm walking around the barrens, and you have the expansion, and you're in the barrens.. i am to assume we will be able to chat in whispers, but not interact or see any sort of public chat?

5 levels eh? so they are finally understanding people just race to teh cap and start gaming from there eh?

6. Re: WoW Cataclysm Videos Aug 21, 2009, 19:18 Stolk

teehee. How many addicted fans have said the same thing...  

5. Re: WoW Cataclysm Videos Aug 21, 2009, 18:52 Techie714 ©

Meh...

I just dont get this game it looks like a cartoony kids game. I can respect it for it's well written story telling & mechanics but definitely not my cut of tea. I would take a serious RPG like The Witcher any day of the week instead of this "kids" stuff.

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

4. Re: WoW Cataclysm Videos Aug 21, 2009, 18:50 Nate

Almost makes me want to play WoW again.  

3. Re: WoW Cataclysm Videos Aug 21, 2009, 18:49 eunichron

Now that's dedication.

Whatever happened to Peter Cullen doing Blizzard's video work? This new guy sucks.

2. Re: WoW Cataclysm Videos Aug 21, 2009, 18:43 Techie714 ©

Thanks for the update Blue, but these feeble excuses are unacceptable. I expect you to invest millions in a fully redundant power solution to keep the BEST damn site on the net alive BLUES NEWS!  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

1. Re: WoW Cataclysm Videos Aug 21, 2009, 18:33  Blue 

BTW, my power is still out, but I still had enough juice in the UPS to keep the network up for my laptop for a while after my desktop shut down.  

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo