Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Blizzard Release Plans, SC2 Beta This Year

The BlizzCon broadcast outlines Blizzard's tentative release plans for their upcoming projects. Blizzard CEO Mike Morhaime says StarCraft II and the just-announced World of Warcraft: Cataclysm are the two titles Blizzard plans to release next year, so presumably we should not expect the release of Diablo III next year. Also, in spite of the recently announced delay until 2010 for StarCraft II, Morhaime still says they expect the game's beta test to begin this year: "I'm confident the beta will start this year," Morhaime tells host Geoff Keighley. "We don't have a date yet, but that is a focus--we're working on getting the beta ready." Thanks Shacknews.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: SC2 Beta This Year Aug 23, 2009, 11:30 Zadig

Yeah it was pure awesome watching people do Baal, Mephisto, et al "runs" for years of their lives. They'd get bored after a few months, a patch would arrive and recharge them for another 6 months or so.

Then WoW came and proved that there were even lower lows.

I donít even know what point youíre trying to make. I played Diablo with friends a few times and had a lot of fun. It had nothing to do with the graphics. Iím hoping D3 will still be fun. Thereís nothing controversial here.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: SC2 Beta This Year Aug 22, 2009, 02:40 Selektaa

Yeah it was pure awesome watching people do Baal, Mephisto, et al "runs" for years of their lives. They'd get bored after a few months, a patch would arrive and recharge them for another 6 months or so.

Hater. Way to watch people have fun. That's a great use of your time. WTF does it matter if people play the same game for years or play the games of the month, many times over for years? In the end, the guys running the same game had just as much fun, if not more, and spent way less money. I'm definitely not in that crowd, I like to change it up, but I don't give a fuck if people like to keep at a game they enjoy.

13. Re: SC2 Beta This Year Aug 21, 2009, 22:26 swaaye

Diablo isnít about the graphics. Itís basically Nethack with 16 colors and a primitive UI. The hook is in the gameplay. Some of the best times I ever had with games were playing D1/D2 with some friends.

This comment was edited on Aug 21, 2009, 22:29.

12. Re: SC2 Beta This Year Aug 21, 2009, 20:23 Zadig

Diablo isnít about the graphics. Itís basically Nethack with 16 colors and a primitive UI. The hook is in the gameplay. Some of the best times I ever had with games were playing D1/D2 with some friends.  

11. Re: SC2 Beta This Year Aug 21, 2009, 20:00 Cutter

Why milk WoW with their next MOG on the way? Cataclysm feels more like they're trying to wrap up WoW to get everyone ready to move over to the new MOG. And no, releasing D3 wouldn't kill WoW.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadÖ Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

10. Re: SC2 Beta This Year Aug 21, 2009, 18:39 RCH

Not surprising, Diablo 2 looked like "that" in 2000. I assumed D3 might be in 2011 or 2012, just the last time I mentioned it, someone quoted the Mayan calander.  

Comedy is Tragedy + Time.

9. Re: SC2 Beta This Year Aug 21, 2009, 18:18 Muscular Beaver

A game that looks like THAT in 2011??

Yeah, right.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

8. Re: SC2 Beta This Year Aug 21, 2009, 18:09 Rhett

Diablo 3 would end ALOT of people's WoW subscriptions. Imagine a game where alot of the "rights" (not wrongs) are based off of WoW's success (this can be seen in previous games affecting WoW). I would MUCH rather solo or go along with 1-2 others (only when I want) to do things than be forced to go with 9 others at specific times (not when I WANT TO, but when EVERYONE is CONVENIENT).

So imagine a (albeit drastically changed and another universe, but faint reminders of WoW like talents or interfaces, or abilities) game that allows you to play and get your fix without WoW being involved.

Blizzard knows D3 would do this, so they're going to continue milking WoW. Simple business (which is sad, but they do produce amazing quality.).

7. Re: SC2 Beta This Year Aug 21, 2009, 17:57 Zadig

I might not be playing D3 before 2011?! Thatís very sad news. Starcraft never hooked me, and Iím definitely not interested in WoW.  

6. Re: Blizzard Release Plans Aug 21, 2009, 17:34 Ronin

Just in time for the next-next gen consoles, so maybe it'll end up being an Xbox 720 exclusive.

You just shut your damn potty pie-hole.

Shut it.

-Azrael
"Don't Fear the Reaper, fear ME."
http://gamershots.net

5. Re: Blizzard Release Plans Aug 21, 2009, 17:21 DangerDog

Just in time for the next-next gen consoles, so maybe it'll end up being an Xbox 720 exclusive.  

4. Re: Blizzard Release Plans Aug 21, 2009, 17:15 loomy

diablo 3 and guild wars 2 will collide around the same time, Q1 2011??? wtf too long away fucker pecker heads  

3. Re: Blizzard Release Plans Aug 21, 2009, 17:03 Paketep

More like 2012. Taking out the LAN code is really difficult for those guys.  

2. Re: Blizzard Release Plans Aug 21, 2009, 16:40 Techie714 ©

Damn Diablo III in 2011!  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

1. Re: Blizzard Release Plans Aug 21, 2009, 16:37 Cutter

If they don't release D3 by next year I'm going to snap. How long has this been in production already 4 years? Yes, we're all glad Blizzard ships games "when they're done", but they're not the most efficient company in the world are they? Either that or stop announcing products years in advance. They hype and excitement quickly turns to frustration and anger the longer it takes to get.

And there's no reason they can't launch both next year. My bet is Diablo 3 will be timed for a Halloween release. Diablo and Halloween go together like kids and candy.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadÖ Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo