Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Crysis 2 Gets Nanosuit 2

A Crynet Systems Website is a new viral website offering an introduction to Nanosuit 2, "the next generation of modern war fighter," that players will wear in Crysis 2, Crytek's upcoming shooter sequel. The site offers info on the sci-fi game's new armor, including a brochure in that Adobe Acrobat format that apparently will still be in favor in 2024. There is a video trailer in the form of a Crynet Systems promotion, as well as a technical demonstration video with specifications for the suit, which may or may not make your ass look fat.

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Crysis 2 Gets Nanosuit 2 Aug 21, 2009, 02:53 zirik

That looks pretty much the same as the first suit but stockier and a new color scheme.

it reminds me of a short stuby mexican wrestler with a fat belly. lucha libre!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Crysis 2 Gets Nanosuit 2 Aug 20, 2009, 20:07 theyarecomingforyou

The suit modes were very gimmicky. Cloak and speed where the only worthwhile ones and they could have easily been kept as separate buttons. The radial selector was truly horrible, as in the heat of battle (and often not) I'd frequently select the wrong option. I know they patched in the ability to bind buttons to them but the whole suit powers system was poorly designed and implemented.

And it's disappointing that the game is such an obscene hog when turning up the detail - especially the anti-aliasing - when there are equally accomplished engines that perform stunningly (Dunia). Combined with the mediocre gameplay and generic plot it wasn't a desperately good game, though I found Crysis Warhead to be pleasantly enjoyable - certainly worth the budget price. Hopefully with Crysis 2 they'll actually get things right, though if the engine is at all similar then I have my doubts.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

18. Re: Crysis 2 Gets Nanosuit 2 Aug 20, 2009, 19:13 Joss

I've been using radial menu's in Maya since 2001 and I love em heh
You mean the hotbox? heh heh.

17. Re: Crysis 2 Gets Nanosuit 2 Aug 20, 2009, 18:54 Wildone

I've been using radial menu's in Maya since 2001 and I love em heh  

16. Re: Crysis 2 Gets Nanosuit 2 Aug 20, 2009, 18:39 peteham

Suit Shortcuts.

Double tap forward = speed mode.
Double tap backwards = armor mode.
Double tap duck = stealth mode.
Double tap jump = strength mode.

Which I see someone else already mentioned.
Dear God no. Unreal Tournament always had me falling off ledges due to double-tap.. No doubt I'd be spending all my time swapping suit-mode without wanting to

Heck, there was nothing wrong with the wheel-system. It was pretty damned fast once you got used to it.

15. Cheatsuit Too? Aug 20, 2009, 18:03 Shataan

As nice as the game looked, I couldn`t stand the nonsuit. But I bet it is a great draw for cheatkiddies. A game with cheats builtin.  

14. Re: Crysis 2 Gets Nanosuit 2 Aug 20, 2009, 17:53 Optimaximal

You could just have it change to strength mode when you select your fists. Speed mode could be turn on when you run, crouch could trigger stealth. You could have it kick off if you press crouch again. (so you don't have to move around crouched when in stealth)
But then wouldn't you or someone else just blast the game for dumbing down and removing options to fit them on the 360 pad they're targeting anyway?

13. Re: Crysis 2 Gets Nanosuit 2 Aug 20, 2009, 16:59 Caveman

That looks pretty much the same as the first suit but stockier and a new color scheme.

I think they should just stick with the first suit, it looks alot sleeker, the new one looks like a Fisher Price replica.

12. Re: Crysis 2 Gets Nanosuit 2 Aug 20, 2009, 16:29 4D-Boxing

suite modes where fun but I barely had to use them even on Delta. SO the Radial menue was good enough for me. Shortcuts.. well if the MP had been any good, I probably would have used them online.

Putting my $$ on the next stalker...

Enjoyed Crysis & Warhead but Stalker CS was a more statisfying experience. That being said I'd take Warhead or the original Crysis single player over COd4 or Far Cry 2 single player.

Not getting my hopes up on this one...

11. Re: Crysis 2 Gets Nanosuit 2 Aug 20, 2009, 15:27 necrosis

Yeah after about half way through the game I was using the 'keyboard shortcuts' for suit modes instead of t he radial menu. Made things MUCH easier for me.  

10. Re: Crysis 2 Gets Nanosuit 2 Aug 20, 2009, 14:48 DangerDog

Nano Suit is fun for single player but for some reason not all that great for multiplayer. They need to add co-op to Crysis 2, at least two player co-op.

and re-design the aliens, the flying spaghetti monsters get old fast, need something more biped in design that shoots normal weapons.

9. Re: Crysis 2 Gets Nanosuit 2 Aug 20, 2009, 14:04 [THA] Hamst3r

I'd like to see them tie the functions of the suit to actions in the game.

Suit Shortcuts.

Double tap forward = speed mode.
Double tap backwards = armor mode.
Double tap duck = stealth mode.
Double tap jump = strength mode.

Which I see someone else already mentioned.

I preferred the radial menu though. It worked like a mouse gesture system to me and was more reliable.

This comment was edited on Aug 20, 2009, 14:06.

- The Hamster Alliance
http://www.hamsteralliance.com/ (music)

http://twitter.com/hamst3r | http://www.facebook.com/hamsteralliance | http://www.youtube.com/hamsteralliance

8. Re: Crysis 2 Gets Nanosuit 2 Aug 20, 2009, 13:45 Techie714

HI BILLY MAYS HERE FOR THE ALL NEW NANOSUIT 2 FROM CRYNET. THAT'S RIGHT FOLKS THIS THING HAS IT ALL. GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT BULLY AT SCHOOL? NO PROBLEM JUST USE THE NEW INTEGRATED SUPER STRENGTH MODULE TO TAKE CARE OF HIS ASS. BULLET RESISTANT FIBER NEVER LOOKED SO GOOD & GUARANTEED TO STOP THE HIGHEST CALIBER'S OUT THEIR. IN THE MIDDLE OF A DRUG DEAL GONE BAD, NO PROBLEM JUST TURN ON THE CLOCKING DEVICE GRAB THE COCAINE WALK RIGHT ON OUT THE DOOR, TRUST ME IT WORKS GREAT. ALL THIS & MORE FOR THE INCREDIBLE PRICE OF 6 EASY PAYMENTS OF $50,000.00. ACT NOW & I'LL THROW IN THIS GREAT NEW VEGETABLE CHOPPER AT NO CHARGE, JUST PAY SHIPPING & HANDLING.  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

7. Re: Crysis 2 Gets Nanosuit 2 Aug 20, 2009, 13:44 Wildone

I loved the suit and the options. They never seemed to balance it out enough to make it worth using ALL the functions but it was still a unique & exciting thing for the gameplay. But yea more than 5 (exag) secs usage would have been better  

6. Re: Crysis 2 Gets Nanosuit 2 Aug 20, 2009, 13:41 DDI

I'd like to see them tie the functions of the suit to actions in the game. I didn't like that little circle menu the game wanted you to always pull up in order to change what the suit was doing.

That was sort of already in there. You needed to enable Suit Shortcuts I think it was called, double tap crouch and it would enable invisible. Double hit melee attack, it would enable strength (and I think jumping too). Double hit shift, enable speed mode. Double hit move backwards, enable armor. Changed the game for me, it was much more fluid.

This comment was edited on Aug 20, 2009, 13:42.

5. Re: Crysis 2 Gets Nanosuit 2 Aug 20, 2009, 13:20 Verno

I'd much rather they integrate or break up the suit into other gameplay mechanics. I found the game rather obnoxious having to constantly swap suit commands over and over ad nauseum. I'm hoping for more gunplay and less suit management with the followup.  

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

4. Re: Crysis 2 Gets Nanosuit 2 Aug 20, 2009, 12:52 elefunk

Completely disagree. I don't want the suit automatically changing based on what *it thinks* I want to do. Screw that. It's so easy to change already, I can't imagine anyone would want that control taken away from them.  

3. Re: Crysis 2 Gets Nanosuit 2 Aug 20, 2009, 12:41 Verno

Agreed. I liked the gameplay of Crysis but the suit functions just felt awkward. I thought it would have been a stronger game without the damned thing being there at all.  

2. Re: Crysis 2 Gets Nanosuit 2 Aug 20, 2009, 12:37 Tumbler

I'd like to see them tie the functions of the suit to actions in the game. I didn't like that little circle menu the game wanted you to always pull up in order to change what the suit was doing.

It seemed pointless in many cases.

You could just have it change to strength mode when you select your fists. Speed mode could be turn on when you run, crouch could trigger stealth. You could have it kick off if you press crouch again. (so you don't have to move around crouched when in stealth)

You get the idea, the old system didn't add anything enjoyable to the game, it just got in the way. Will be interesting to see what they do with Crysis 2...but I have a feeling it just going to be more crysis. Very little new, just another warhead like game.

Although if you wanted to add one thing, how about letting us drive over trees and small signs...still shocks me playing that game when I drive into a stop sign and my tank stops completely....maybe you should add some physics type stuff?

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

1. Re: Crysis 2 Gets Nanosuit 2 Aug 20, 2009, 12:31 Verno

Hopefully it can be used for longer than 5 seconds.  

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo