Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

DIRECTV BlizzCon Coverage

DIRECTV announces worldwide event access to the sold-out BlizzCon 2009 beamed straight to you from their satellites, which will also go straight into the dishes of those who buy the $39.95 pay-per-view event. The 18 hours of interviews, tournaments, and commentary over two days is hosted by Geoff Keighley and it will available in SD or HD for nine hours per day starting at 11:00 am August 21. Other highlights of the purchase include a World of Warcraft in-game Grunty the Murloc Marine pet, access to the internet stream of the show, and a closing concert by WoW's presumptive Prince of Darkness, Ozzy Ozbourne. Full details are here.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: DIRECTV BlizzCon Coverage Aug 20, 2009, 13:58 Kxmode

What people do with their money is their business.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: DIRECTV BlizzCon Coverage Aug 20, 2009, 13:03 Krovven

I'd have it on in the background just so I can hear about the new WoW expansion and when they think DIII may be done.

Which you'll be able to read online anywhere from a few minutes to a day later...for free.

While my interest is there, I still can't find myself justifying the cost of the Internet Stream being the same price as the DirecTV PPV...considering all the important info will be available online within a few days later.

11. Re: DIRECTV BlizzCon Coverage Aug 20, 2009, 09:51 Mr. Tact

Oh, duh! Thanks, Agent7. Gotta stop posting before I get caffeine in the morning..  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

10. Re: DIRECTV BlizzCon Coverage Aug 20, 2009, 09:20 Agent.X7

Well it's really more like 40 bucks for the special pet. I just can't imagine why anyone would want to watch this.

I'd have it on in the background just so I can hear about the new WoW expansion and when they think DIII may be done. I sure as hell am not going to pay $40 for it though.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

9. Re: DIRECTV BlizzCon Coverage Aug 20, 2009, 09:19 Agent.X7

How does a DirecTV event "sell out"? What they really mean is they are no longer taking orders, right?

No, what they mean is that the event is sold out. You cannot attend because tickets are impossible to get. Since you cannot attend in person, they are streaming it to PCs or beaming it to dishes so you can watch it in your home.

Reading comprehension FTW!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

8. Re: DIRECTV BlizzCon Coverage Aug 20, 2009, 08:38 Mr. Tact

How does a DirecTV event "sell out"? What they really mean is they are no longer taking orders, right?  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

7. Re: DIRECTV BlizzCon Coverage Aug 20, 2009, 07:22 Cutter

Well it's really more like 40 bucks for the special pet. I just can't imagine why anyone would want to watch this.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

6. Re: DIRECTV BlizzCon Coverage Aug 20, 2009, 06:32 osage no onna

*Retraction* Actually, I may have been thinking about the Worldwide Invitational... not sure they ever streamed Blizzcon before.

This comment was edited on Aug 20, 2009, 06:59.

5. Re: DIRECTV BlizzCon Coverage Aug 20, 2009, 03:47 loomy

haha that is awesome, and fair too. blizzard is going to beat the ppv buys record  

4. Re: DIRECTV BlizzCon Coverage Aug 20, 2009, 03:31 Kxmode

They're smoking money joints. Rolling in it!  

3. Re: DIRECTV BlizzCon Coverage Aug 20, 2009, 02:41 Fantaz

$40?! What the fuck are they smoking over there? We should post the link to justin.tv video feed here.  

2. Re: DIRECTV BlizzCon Coverage Aug 20, 2009, 02:17 necrosis

Woo! Side with a company that a LARGE AMOUNT of people CAN NOT get. I hate Comcast but they should have done this with them.  

1. Re: DIRECTV BlizzCon Coverage Aug 19, 2009, 23:22 Kxmode

I bought it to see Ozzy! \m/ >_< \m/

Besides Ozzy I'm hoping to see something grand!

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo