Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Tech Bits

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 20, 2009, 09:36 Zadig

I really liked the 40 obsolete things article too. In theory I miss the arcades and music stores, but not enough to actually go to one and spend money.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 20, 2009, 06:48 RCH

Yes, good article and some very good points. Although, I did use a rotary phone a couple of weeks ago.  

Comedy is Tragedy + Time.

2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 20, 2009, 04:45 osage no onna

That obsolete tech article made me feel really old. Nice read.

It probably says a lot about me that I've actually tried to find old modem connect sounds to download, but happily they linked to a simulator.

1. The decline of the landline Aug 19, 2009, 23:07 LittleMe

Alas, attempts to reform the notoriously bureaucratic Universal Service Fund, the main source of subsidies to make landlines affordable, have gone nowhere.

Of course. Expecting bureaucratic agencies to adapt and be flexible is unrealistic. Their power is in not being flexible. They are anti-emergent.

There are hard choices for Mr Obamaís people to makeóbut sticking with old rules devised for copper wires is not one of them.

Maybe for once the Federal Government can mind it's own business. Yeah, that's unrealistic too. I think we also need regulations and federal oversight to make sure we tie our shoes properly because someone could get hurt, especially the children.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo