Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

ArcaniA - A Gothic Tale in 2010

Publisher JoWooD Productions announces a delay to ArcaniA - A Gothic Tale, the RPG sequel once known as Gothic 4. The game was due in Winter 2009, but now JoWooD announces they have upped the game's budget and set back its release until 2010 to ensure this will be a AAA game:

Vienna, 19.08.2009 The Austrian publisher, JoWooD today announced that the release of its awaited action-RPG title, ArcaniA - A Gothic Tale has been postponed to 2010.

ArcaniA - A Gothic Tale, the next opus of the Gothic series, is planned to come on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC. In its commitment to release a AAA title, JoWooD has committed substantial extra development budget for ArcaniA - A Gothic Tale to be a flagship title and one of the best RPG releases of 2010. A stong investment in quality and innovation is the way for a publisher like us to take a strong position in the RPG market. We want, with ArcaniA - A Gothic Tale to offer the best of the Gothic franchise, as we believe we have in our hands the game to compete against the best RPGs out there says Albert Seidl, JoWooD CEO.

www.arcania-game.com

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: ArcaniA - A Gothic Tale in 2010 Aug 20, 2009, 11:37 Surf

Oh it will install and start on Vista 64. And when it starts you will get a slide show of roughly 1 frame per 20 seconds, even in the start up menu. Changing all the graphics or sound will do nothing unfortunately.

G3 is a disaster and it appears that even the community patches did not fix the combat but I would love to see if someone could confirm/deny that?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: ArcaniA - A Gothic Tale in 2010 Aug 20, 2009, 06:34 Jonny

Cheers, I'll dust it off and give it a go then, but I suspect...

doesn't run on vista 64.

...that I'm fucked anyway.

This comment was edited on Aug 20, 2009, 06:35.

14. Re: ArcaniA - A Gothic Tale in 2010 Aug 20, 2009, 03:34 Jerykk

Really hope Spellbound learned from Piranha Bytes' mistake.

Doesn't look like it. First of all, they're sticking with the dumbed down combat from G3. Pure button mashing will get you through every fight. Secondly, they've gone the Oblivion route and removed all the choice and consequence. You can now join every faction and do quests for all of them. Risen looks like a much better successor to the Gothic games.

13. Re: ArcaniA - A Gothic Tale in 2010 Aug 19, 2009, 22:56 Kxmode

Really hope Spellbound learned from Piranha Bytes' mistake.  

12. Re: ArcaniA - A Gothic Tale in 2010 Aug 19, 2009, 18:47 Dwarf_Snowninja

Yeah it was the knockdown mechanic and the enemies STUPID habit of just walking a hair out of reach (wolves especially). The community patches did wonders to fix this, as well as amending a lot of bad dialogue and just general crap that was let through. After installing the community patch my biggest disappointment with the game was the ending; it was WAY too abrupt and anticlimactic.  

11. Re: ArcaniA - A Gothic Tale in 2010 Aug 19, 2009, 18:12 Creston

Despite what you fucktards who have probably never played it for more then 10 minutes think.

Go back to jowood's knobslobbering forum, fuckwit troll.

Creston

10. Re: ArcaniA - A Gothic Tale in 2010 Aug 19, 2009, 17:21 Surf

I think people let the bugs go, it was the combat that pissed everyone off.

Or did you guys forget about getting your ass knocked down by wild boars?

From what I heard this was lessoned by a mod or a patch but since I use vista 64, this game installs fine but doesn't run on vista 64.

So fuck g3.

9. Re: ArcaniA - A Gothic Tale in 2010 Aug 19, 2009, 17:01 LittleMe

Gothic 3 is fine now, afaic. They put out several comprehensive patches.  

Perpetual debt is slavery.

8. Re: ArcaniA - A Gothic Tale in 2010 Aug 19, 2009, 16:35 Jonny

I bought G3 when it came out but it was such a bug ridden mess it put me off very quickly. How is it now? Have the patches and any mods redeemed it?  

7. Re: ArcaniA - A Gothic Tale in 2010 Aug 19, 2009, 16:30 Bone43

Despite what you fucktards who have probably never played it for more then 10 minutes think.

Ive played thru ever Gothic game made multiple times including #3
you fucktard.

6. Re: ArcaniA - A Gothic Tale in 2010 Aug 19, 2009, 15:55 LittleMe

I didn't encounter any bugs playing Gothic 3, but I bought the game late and had the most recent patch 1.7.2 applied.  

5. Re: ArcaniA - A Gothic Tale in 2010 Aug 19, 2009, 15:34 Ravor

Gothic 3 despite being buggy as all hell was still pretty decent and fun. If this game isn't buggy and has the same kind of gameplay as Gothic 3 then it'll do fine. Despite what you fucktards who have probably never played it for more then 10 minutes think.  

4. Re: ArcaniA - A Gothic Tale in 2010 Aug 19, 2009, 15:18 Bone43

No one in there right mind would buy this steaming pile of dog shit.

3. Re: ArcaniA - A Gothic Tale in 2010 Aug 19, 2009, 14:09 dubfanatic

Disciples III is an RPG?  

2. Re: ArcaniA - A Gothic Tale in 2010 Aug 19, 2009, 14:03 Creston

Hahahahaa. Anyone that still buys this after JoWood raped them with Gothic 3, and then AGAIN with that expansion, deserves every bit of agony.

"commitment to release an AAA title."

Fucking cockmonkeys. It's not an AAA title just because you say it is, Jowood.

Creston

1. Re: ArcaniA - A Gothic Tale in 2010 Aug 19, 2009, 13:07 LittleMe

Smart move JoWood. Read between the lines though. There are several prominent RPG's coming out this fall. DA:O, Risen, Divinity 2, Disciples III, Alpha Protocol, Borderlands, etc etc etc.. Seems like I keep hearing of a new RPG due soon.  

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo