Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Dungeon Keeper TMs

Super sleuths superannuation inform us that Electronic Arts has filed not one but two new trademark registrations for Dungeon Keeper, which, of course, is the "evil is good" franchise created by Peter Molyneux and Bullfrog Productions, as EA is now owner of the old Bullfrog IPs. Both trademarks cover games, though the second one seems to emphasize a product that will be downloadable. On a semi-related note, a recent interview with Harvey Elliot of EA Bright Light Studio expressed an affection for the older Bullfrog properties.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Dungeon Keeper TMs Aug 19, 2009, 19:57 Z9000

@Cutter - I love Syndicate... as nostalgia... I doubt anyone would do it justice with budget or innovation, much less be able to create the same verve Syndicate had due to the times, and it being something fresh.  
PS3 resurgance by GOW3 - Check! Mass Effect for PS3 - Check! Diablo 3 for consoles? I say "For sure"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Dungeon Keeper TMs Aug 19, 2009, 16:14 Ginny

"DKII's accelarated graphics and timeless gameplay hold up really well 10 years on."

On the bobby ball there matey.

10 later on, the games still a massive credit, it's the insane attention to detail, there ain't many i can think of that better it.

Jackpot time, time for the old school happy dance to go with:)

9. Re: Dungeon Keeper TMs Aug 19, 2009, 15:04 owyn999

of note everything that I read in both of those patents make me think one is a re-release of the old game or games on mobile device like the Ipod touch and Iphone with a scant possibility of general phone release.

the second sounds like a full game, and considering that EA has not only their own download platform, but Steam, I could see this being a whole new game or a re-release of the old games on download-able platforms with the consideration for a new game should the old sell well enough

8. Re: Dungeon Keeper TMs Aug 19, 2009, 14:38 Cutter

Colour me in. And how can you not like Syndicate?  

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

7. Re: Dungeon Keeper TMs Aug 19, 2009, 14:18 Dmitri_M

I love DK and I hope it gets a great follow-up.

This is 2009 though, and it's EA. So it's probably best to keep my expectations firmly under control.

If it's been a while since anyone tried DK, I recommend giving it a go again. DKII's accelarated graphics and timeless gameplay hold up really well 10 years on. Even supports widescreen with a simple ini hack.

6. Re: Dungeon Keeper TMs Aug 19, 2009, 13:41 Zadig

DK3 was in development right after DK2 came out, but it was allegedly going to leave the dungeon setting and take place on the surface as just another RTS. That news actually made me glad the series died when it did.  

5. Re: Dungeon Keeper TMs Aug 19, 2009, 12:54 Ratty

DK: seriously one of my top 5 all time favorite games. Really looking forward to this.  

4. Re: Dungeon Keeper TMs Aug 19, 2009, 12:37 Z9000

I would be pretty interested in DK if done right. It's the only thing I would want to revisit from Bullfrog other than Magic Carpet 1. Syndicate doesn't do it for me anymore.

This comment was edited on Aug 19, 2009, 12:39.

PS3 resurgance by GOW3 - Check! Mass Effect for PS3 - Check! Diablo 3 for consoles? I say "For sure"!

3. Re: Dungeon Keeper TMs Aug 19, 2009, 12:22 Flatline

Didn't EA announce a while ago that they were outsourcing a new Dungeon Keeper MMO or something to Chinese developers?

Yeah, and that they had no plans to bring it over here. There was a whole lotta "that makes no sense" behind the story. This is either related to the story, or the story was BS. We'll see.

Oh, and as fun as Dungeon Keeper was, it was the Narrator and his magnificent voice and disturbing sense of humor which made DK2. Something as simple as commentary based off your system clock really made the game's personality.

"It is the witching hour... All hexes half off!"

"Keeper! That thing behind you that you're ignoring... It's called a bed... Maybe you should use it..."

2. Re: Dungeon Keeper TMs Aug 19, 2009, 12:15 Jerykk

Didn't EA announce a while ago that they were outsourcing a new Dungeon Keeper MMO or something to Chinese developers?  

1. Re: Dungeon Keeper TMs Aug 19, 2009, 11:45 Krovven

Woot! Just don't fuck it up EA.

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo