Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

More Mass Effect 2 Story Details

BioWare Unveils New Story Details for Mass Effect 2, introducing a "blood-hungry Krogan" named Grunt as another of the "motley cast of characters" that will comprise Commander Shepard's crew in BioWare's upcoming action/RPG sequel. In brief Grunt is: "A violent and unpredictable Krogan fighter, Grunt has never faced true defeat. His unsurpassed physical strength makes him a strong asset to Commander Shepard’s team, if he can be tamed, and if he can be trusted." There's also a ShakyCam video of Grunt on GameTrailers.com that's available in direct-feed form from ActionTrip, AtomicGamer, and Gamer's Hell.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: More Mass Effect 2 Story Details Aug 19, 2009, 05:18 peteham

Bah, with a little wine, cheese and the right music, all Krogan squeal like little pigs.
Ah, the krogan achilles heel: Lactose intolerance!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: More Mass Effect 2 Story Details Aug 19, 2009, 04:50 Dr. D. Schreber

Cthulhu

........nah, it just feels wrong. I'm not sorry we experimented, but it's just not for me. I'm definitely an ASCIIsexual.

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

12. Re: More Mass Effect 2 Story Details Aug 18, 2009, 20:57 Acleacius

if he can be tamed
Bah, with a little wine, cheese and the right music, all Krogan squeal like little pigs.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

11. Re: More Mass Effect 2 Story Details Aug 18, 2009, 20:56 Eldaron Imotholin

Whehe, that's exactly how it should be indeed: Wrex cappin' Grunt's ass if you still have the Krogan alongside you.

Btw: I know what's gonna be a big big thing in the story of Mass Effect 2 --> Element Zero.

It's also mentioned in the iPhone game. A big part of that small game was about getting your hands on the stuff.

Cheers,
Vince

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

10. Re: More Mass Effect 2 Story Details Aug 18, 2009, 20:50 Kxmode

Dr. Schreber did you know you can put a Cthulhu smiley in your sig? Yup! Check it out : + cthulhu + : = Cthulhu

Try it!

9. Re: More Mass Effect 2 Story Details Aug 18, 2009, 19:12 Dr. D. Schreber

I nominate you for immediate head writer at Bioware.

Finally, a chance to put my ten year long fanfiction career on my resume! Deal

8. Re: More Mass Effect 2 Story Details Aug 18, 2009, 17:52 Kxmode

if he can be tamed

You don't tame a Krogan, you just get out of the way!

7. Re: More Mass Effect 2 Story Details Aug 18, 2009, 16:58 Creston

I nominate you for immediate head writer at Bioware.

Creston

6. Re: More Mass Effect 2 Story Details Aug 18, 2009, 16:51 Dr. D. Schreber

I suppose, to be fair, nothing yet says Wrex isn't actually around. Maybe this Krogan tool will just be his replacement if Wrex didn't survive. If Wrex is still alive, they turn out to have some bad blood, which Wrex solves by capping him in the face at first sight.

"Wrex, I thought I told you never to do that again."
"Sorry, Shepard."
"No you're not."
"...you're right, I'm not."

5. Re: More Mass Effect 2 Story Details Aug 18, 2009, 16:24 Creston

Yeah I gotta say this doesn't really sit well with me. I fucking LOVE Wrex. I love the character, I love his background, love the voice actor, love his skillset, love the class, love his attitude. I even think his scar is fucking awesome.

So now we basically get "Another Wrex, But Not Wrex, So Automatically Not As Cool?"

And seriously, anyone who fucking offs Wrex in 1 is a heartless fucking bastard who doesn't deserve a Krogan buddy anyways.

Not happy. Hopefully someone will make a Mod that just renames him Wrex everywhere.

Don't get me wrong, most of the party members in ME1 suck, and I'm glad we're getting new ones. But Wrex was a fucking giant of asskicking. He'd wade into rooms full of Geth and just wipe the floor with them. By the time I finally got around to peeking around the corner, he'd already be cleaning his gun.

I want Wrex back! Crushbug? CRUSHBUUUGGGGG!!!!!! GIVE ME MY WREX!!!!

Creston

This comment was edited on Aug 18, 2009, 16:24.

4. Re: More Mass Effect 2 Story Details Aug 18, 2009, 15:55 necrosis

So creative with the name. "Hi! Im Grunt."

And yeah. What was wrong with Wrex? Hell I did not know you could even kill him off till I started reading how ME2 will use ME1's saves. In the 4 times I played through I never picked the options that led to capping his ass.

3. Re: More Mass Effect 2 Story Details Aug 18, 2009, 15:25 Dr. D. Schreber

What in the world? Who's bright idea was it to throw in another Krogan main character when you can just keep Wrex? Any dumbass who killed Wrex at Virmire should just have to live with not having a Krogan party member, period.  

2. Re: More Mass Effect Story Details Aug 18, 2009, 14:39 ldonyo

I'm playing through the first one again to get Shepard up to 60th level before this comes out. On a separate note, I thought all Krogan were blood-hungry?  

1. Re: More Mass Effect Story Details Aug 18, 2009, 14:21 Caveman

This game keeps getting better and better.  

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo