Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Op Flashpoint Dragon Rising LAN Lives

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising will include LAN support, contrary to a report here yesterday. The quote from Sion Lenton in an interview on Fragland yesterday did not seem ambiguous, as he said: "There will be no offline multiplayer, nor an offline co-op mode. Online you can play the co-op mode with up to four friends." However, now Codemasters clarifies what was not clear from that statement, saying: "Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising does indeed feature LAN play and system link, and the offline MP play Sion Lenton is referring to is splitscreen." Meanwhile, a new vehicle trailer from the game is now available on ActionTrip and AtomicGamer.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Op Flashpoint Dragon Rising LAN Lives Aug 14, 2009, 22:16 Jerykk

Codemasters is already doing PC gamers a solid by actually lowering the retail price of the game, $36.99 with free shipping.

I have no doubt the PC version will be the best. I just hope they add the ability to lean like IW did with CoD4 PC. A realistic tactical shooter really, really needs lean.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Op Flashpoint Dragon Rising LAN Lives Aug 14, 2009, 19:51 The PC Warrior

Not everyone who plays PC games pirates them... See, I earn enough money on my job to buy whatever the fuck I want without resorting to piracy. You console fags who sit around with your 200-300 dollar consoles all day and talk shit on xbox live are the only people who think all pc gamers are pirates. Why is that? Maybee you're too gullible and just listen to cunts like Cevat Yerli as they talk shit about pc gamers being pirates all day? Maybee it's because you cant afford a computer worth a damn to play all the shit the rest of us "pc pirates" play? Maybee it's because you are jealous that you are too unskilled to mod your console and pirate games yourself? Maybee it's because you are just too dumb to handle a torrent on your craptastic pc?

I think most PC gamers would rather you joined the crowd you're criticizing, you don't seem to possess the supposed maturity you claim others lack.

17. Re: Op Flashpoint Dragon Rising LAN Live Aug 14, 2009, 17:59 Kosumo

baltar - you may be old, but you don't seem very grown up; what the fuck is up with this -

You train dogs by rewarding them for chasing down and killing the neighbor's cat, and you slap them around when they piss on your carpet.

Since when should you reward an animal for killing another persons animal? You're some kind of sicko or something?

Me is glad that you probly never leave you old school games and live in a room full of old boxed games and oviously don't interact with many people.

16. Re: Op Flashpoint Dragon Rising LAN Lives Aug 14, 2009, 17:06 CJ_Parker

HAHAHA LMAO @ all the fucking retarded drama queens from yesterday's thread

15. Re: Op Flashpoint Dragon Rising LAN Lives Aug 14, 2009, 16:31 tuddies

SPLIT SCREEN? Are you fukin kidding me? Who plays splitscreen besides console users?

This is looking like a revved up BF2, which isn't bad at all, but not the simulation I was hoping that would give ArmA2 a run for its money.

SPLIT SCREEN? hahahahaaaaaa

14. Re: Op Flashpoint Dragon Rising LAN Live Aug 14, 2009, 16:19 theyarecomingforyou

You aren't on some higher plane of gaming power because you play on a PC and have old games in your collection.
Actually...

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

13. Re: Op Flashpoint Dragon Rising LAN Live Aug 14, 2009, 15:16 Caveman

damn baltar, you're so hardcore, I wish I could be like you. Oh wait no I don't. Some people have more important things in their lives then collecting video games. You aren't on some higher plane of gaming power because you play on a PC and have old games in your collection.

This comment was edited on Aug 14, 2009, 15:16.

12. Re: Op Flashpoint Dragon Rising LAN Lives Aug 14, 2009, 14:44 DangerDog

Codemasters is already doing PC gamers a solid by actually lowering the retail price of the game, $36.99 with free shipping.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832151021

They're giving us a mission editor and say they're going to release the mod tools that they used to make the game with.

Even if all they gave us were the single player portion it would be worth every penny.

11. Re: Op Flashpoint Dragon Rising LAN Live Aug 14, 2009, 14:09 Elf Shot The Food

You console fags who sit around with your 200-300 dollar consoles all day and talk shit on xbox live are the only people who think all pc gamers are pirates. Why is that? Maybee you're too gullible and just listen to cunts like Cevat Yerli as they talk shit about pc gamers being pirates all day?

Or maybe "son," it's because people come to a PC-centric site like Blue's News and continuously read comments from the likes of Jerryk who do nothing but pirate PC games and then turn around and whine about how developers and publishers are screwing them over?

Now go overclock your $600 video card so you can get a slightly-higher Futuremark score, gramps.

This comment was edited on Aug 14, 2009, 14:11.

10. Re: Op Flashpoint Dragon Rising LAN Live Aug 14, 2009, 13:02 briktal

Is anyone else confused by their statement? Cause I sure am. I have no idea what they are saying when they say offline mode? WTF are they saying, they really need to address this and make it absolutely clear on what offline mode includes. Does it include Coop in offline mode or what?

The comment yesterday was supposed to mean that the console versions do not have splitscreen multiplayer/coop, just online/system link stuff.

9. Re: Op Flashpoint Dragon Rising LAN Live Aug 14, 2009, 12:48 theyarecomingforyou

I'm quite looking forward to this. I was never that bothered about ArmA II, which turned out to be a performance hog, quite buggy and lack any real fun factor. Obviously I'm slightly concerned as to how deep the gameplay will be as a multiplatform title but everything I've seen so far looks pretty solid.

So thereís LAN play now but no Coop for lan play. So what the fucks the difference than? Sorry but Iím not supporting this game. Iím not going to be tired down to their screwed up lag assed servers.
Is co-op really the only factor in games that you consider? Surely gameplay and enjoyment are more important criteria than LAN co-op? I'm sorry but that just seems a ludicrous position; I just can't understand how anyone could be so myopic when determining whether a game is worth purchasing.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

8. Re: Op Flashpoint Dragon Rising LAN Live Aug 14, 2009, 11:24 baltar

Bah, Although I really shouldn't be feeding the trolls, Sometimes, they growl soo loud you just have to slap them around a few times.

Son, I collect PC games, and Only pc games. I've been collecting PC games before your bitchass was ever born. Shit, I have a storebought original of Pool of radiance on 5 1/4's from the 80's. Damn thing still works too - It's amazing how long these things last when they are actually kept locked away in a box on my shelf while I play the backup I made - too bad the industry doesn't agree with me.

I have OFP, the gold upgrade and resistance store bought, with the boxes. I have Arma 1 and the queen's gambit addon, and Arma2.

You train dogs by rewarding them for chasing down and killing the neighbor's cat, and you slap them around when they piss on your carpet.
If OFP dragon wasn't going to have lan, I wouldn't have preordered it, I would've waited until it was bargain bin and get it then, just to add it to my collection. If you want a game and the company's dicking around, buy it months later when they do get something, just not as much as they do on release day.

Not everyone who plays PC games pirates them... See, I earn enough money on my job to buy whatever the fuck I want without resorting to piracy. You console fags who sit around with your 200-300 dollar consoles all day and talk shit on xbox live are the only people who think all pc gamers are pirates. Why is that? Maybee you're too gullible and just listen to cunts like Cevat Yerli as they talk shit about pc gamers being pirates all day? Maybee it's because you cant afford a computer worth a damn to play all the shit the rest of us "pc pirates" play? Maybee it's because you are jealous that you are too unskilled to mod your console and pirate games yourself? Maybee it's because you are just too dumb to handle a torrent on your craptastic pc?

I don't really care. I'm just posting this to slap the troll around who pissed on my carpet. Clean it with your tongue troll, lick it up.

7. Re: Op Flashpoint Dragon Rising LAN Live Aug 14, 2009, 11:22 Techie714 ©

@InBlack
If you enjoyed the original OFP or ARMA you will enjoy this game. If you never played any of those than you will just have to try it & see. These games are less run & gun & more cerebral tactical realism. If you enjoy sitting on a hilltop for long periods of time scouting the enemy & then taking that one shot & high tailing it out of their you'll love this game. That was just one minor example of gameplay, from games like ARMA.

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

6. Re: Op Flashpoint Dragon Rising LAN Live Aug 14, 2009, 11:22 Darks

So thereís LAN play now but no Coop for lan play. So what the fucks the difference than? Sorry but Iím not supporting this game. Iím not going to be tired down to their screwed up lag assed servers.

Is anyone else confused by their statement? Cause I sure am. I have no idea what they are saying when they say offline mode? WTF are they saying, they really need to address this and make it absolutely clear on what offline mode includes. Does it include Coop in offline mode or what?

This comment was edited on Aug 14, 2009, 11:28.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

5. Re: Op Flashpoint Dragon Rising LAN Live Aug 14, 2009, 10:59 InBlack

Im still hoping this game will not suck, but somehow....damnit....I cant explain it....I have a feeling the gameplay will feel totally cheap and contrived, more like Crysis or Republic Commando than anything else, all this talk of 4 man squads (seriously WTF?) and radial command menus...

I dont know Im gonna wait for some reviews, no way am I gonna purchase this on an impulse...

I have a nifty blue line!

4. Re: Op Flashpoint Dragon Rising LAN Live Aug 14, 2009, 10:58 LittleMe

Dammit. Split screen multiplayer is awesome on PC!! You know, where you have two mice and two keyboards or something like that. Hey that would be cool.  

Perpetual debt is slavery.

3. Re: Op Flashpoint Dragon Rising LAN Live Aug 14, 2009, 10:51 Shooters fanboy

That's better:)  

2. Re: Op Flashpoint Dragon Rising LAN Lives Aug 14, 2009, 10:48 Verno

Don't lie, you mean it's back on your "Games to pirate 09.txt" list  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

1. Re: Op Flashpoint Dragon Rising LAN Live Aug 14, 2009, 10:42 baltar

back on my preorder list now