Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Team Fortress 2 Classless Update Released

The Team Fortress 2 Day 3 Classless Update is live with the surprising news that the new free content update or the class-based shooter is also now available, offering new maps, a new King of the Hill mode, and, of course, hats. The update offers the full patch notes, which are also available on the Steam Website.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: TF 2 Gets Classless Aug 14, 2009, 00:43 Caveman

No, it wasn't anything stupid like that. It was a legitimate hidden page on the blog. What a dumb conspiracy theory.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: TF 2 Gets Classless Aug 14, 2009, 00:38 Wilson

I kinda wonder if the medal thing isn't some ploy by Valve to see who'd enter their username and password into some web site that asks for it. I mean, sure, it has a Steampowered url, but Valve has done something like this before--they enabled the "delete" function for unlocks even though (and they told people this) there wouldn't be at that time any way to get them back. They counted on people testing it out for them even if they were told not to do it.  

11. Re: TF 2 Gets Classless Aug 13, 2009, 23:29 Caveman

Alright, they have a new item called medals, which currently nobody has any idea what they do. There was a hidden page in the blog about getting free medals for the 11,111 first people who log in.
http://www.teamfortress.com/classless/hidden/today_is_a_good_day/

They ran out, but I got one in time, but still haven't recieved in.

Incase you guys are wondering, there is a bunch of new unlisted changes in this update too.
* The Sandman can right click to throw balls and left click for melee
* Critz in all forms make your gun turn Red metal or blue ice and you get the electricity
* Demo-man sticky jumps go further and do more damage (Muffe2k4) (True: Tried myself, you go FAR!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7779DHMD7ic
* New misc/ slot in the loadout menu (fakiyo)(Rumor: For medals in the future - RabidZombie)
* Dead Ringers cloak drastically reduced to 3 seconds from its usual 8 (-Mark-) Tried for myself, i think they tried to match the time with the cooldown animation. (Before it would drain then pause halfway then start up again) And now i that the animation is fluid throughout the whole draining process, the cloak is only 3 seconds long
* Cloak and Daggers regen rate is increased. Regens much faster now. (Fox McCloud) CnD is now my watch of choice
* Flamethrower ignite distance decreased (challenged) I've had this happen to me twice so i believe this is so, yet many of you are saying nay. I guess its in either of ours imagination.(It still does damage, but you have to be closer before it ignites you) (ClayBay1)

10. Re: TF 2 Gets Classless Aug 13, 2009, 22:25 Nate

Turning on the auto-reload is a very good idea. Saves much key pressing.  

9. Re: TF 2 Gets Classless Aug 13, 2009, 21:04 mch

Every unlock except hats (unless changed in this new patch) are acquired by milestones (X/Y/Z achievements for 1/2/3rd unlock, per class)

But are also randomly unlocked as well.

PSN: CaseDesignate

8. Re: TF 2 Gets Classless Aug 13, 2009, 20:53 Rhett

Every unlock except hats (unless changed in this new patch) are acquired by milestones (X/Y/Z achievements for 1/2/3rd unlock, per class)

And auto reload functions as, as soon as your clip is empty it will begin reloading automatically (without having to press Reload or Fire).

7. Re: TF 2 Gets Classless Aug 13, 2009, 20:43 JaZeeL

you also have to be logged in to steam friends  

6. Re: TF 2 Gets Classless Aug 13, 2009, 20:12 spindoctor

how do you actually acquire unlocks?

it's still completely random. which means you just need to play more and you'll get them eventually. or you could go for the achievements.

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

5. Re: TF 2 Gets Classless Aug 13, 2009, 20:05 Dev

So, wasn't there an achivement to stun an ubered player? What does the disabling of the ability to do that mean for those (like me) who haven't gotten that achivement?  

4. Re: TF 2 Gets Classless Aug 13, 2009, 19:57 theyarecomingforyou

Just out of interest... how do you actually acquire unlocks? I know you can do it through achievements but I remember getting a weapon randomly - however, I've played it for quite a while recently and received absolutely nothing. It's quite hard keeping up with all the changes they're making.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

3. Re: TF 2 Gets Classless Aug 13, 2009, 19:27 Caveman

I'm curious to know, I can't log into the game at the moment, this would be great if it reloaded after a brief moment of firing, as when playing Soldier or Demoman I often forget to.  

2. Re: TF 2 Gets Classless Aug 13, 2009, 19:22 Nate

Wonder how this "Added "Auto Reload" option to the multiplayer advanced options" works exactly when its turned on. It auto-reloads after each shot if there is time or only when completely empty clip?  

1. Re: TF 2 Gets Classless Aug 13, 2009, 19:17 Caveman

Wooo Fan nerf finally.!!!  

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo