Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

TF2 King of the Hill Details

The Team Fortress 2 Day 2 Classless Update offers further details about Valve's upcoming no-class update for their class-based shooter. The update introduces the new King of the Hill mode, as well as a new map called KOTH Viaduct (I can understand why a chicken, but why a duck?) and two maps converted for King of the Hill action, KOTH Nucleus and KOTH Sawmill. Here's word on King of the Hill:

King of the Hill (KotH) is an intense new game mode focused around a single central capture point that must be defended for three minutes. Gameplay begins with the point initially locked—after a short time, it will open for capture by either team. Once the point is captured by a team, their team clock will start a three minute countdown. If the enemy team manages to capture the point back, their clock will start counting down while the other team’s clock freezes at the time the point was recaptured.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: TF2 King of the Hill Details Aug 14, 2009, 05:54 Des

KOTH sounds cool, its all about the maps though.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: TF2 King of the Hill Details Aug 13, 2009, 03:49 Decoy

I've never even HEARD of that bug. You're the first one I've ever heard mentioning it.
Then you need to play Engineer more often.

12. Re: TF2 King of the Hill Details Aug 13, 2009, 03:05 Caveman

triple update would be tits but doubt it will happen, I read in an interview that there is 10 people working on TF2 updates, including playtesters.  

11. Re: TF2 King of the Hill Details Aug 13, 2009, 02:56 n0slet

I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see soldier/demo or demo/engineer together, but all 3 is probably wishful thinking as nice as that would be if it did work out that way.  

10. Re: TF2 King of the Hill Details Aug 13, 2009, 02:43 Baudkarma

I'm betting that we'll see Engys, Soldiers, and Demos all part of a big triple update. That would explain why this update doesn't have any classes attached.  
I am not a man! I am a free number!

9. Re: TF2 King of the Hill Details Aug 13, 2009, 00:44 Caveman

It's rare but it happens, I play engineer alot so I see it alot. It's really annoying, considering it doesn't stop shooting at the wall until they get out of certain radius.  

8. Re: TF2 King of the Hill Details Aug 13, 2009, 00:40 everyone

I hope to god they fix that bug where the sentry follows people through the walls.

I've never even HEARD of that bug. You're the first one I've ever heard mentioning it.

Engineer is probably first. Then Demo, then Soldier. If they go tweaking the other classes again, it will be later rather than sooner.

7. Re: TF2 King of the Hill Details Aug 12, 2009, 23:31 Caveman

Soldier definitely needs an update so I dare say it will be first
Definitely not, he is the most well balanced and versatile class. If anything they should give the heavy another update, because at the moment he is very gimped.

I hope the engineer gets the update next, the sentry as it stands is pretty weak, easy to take down + too many blind spots. I hope to god they fix that bug where the sentry follows people through the walls.

6. Re: TF2 King of the Hill Details Aug 12, 2009, 22:25 Rhett

Imagine what could be in the next 5 updates though...

I can't wait I was expecting 6 days of 3 hats each, then some show-stopper...

KOTH mode is a surprise, so that's atleast two new maps (two converted) and 18 hats thus far...

Maybe the item trading system? They have to do something about this new system, or just get rid of finding random items...

5. Re: TF2 King of the Hill Details Aug 12, 2009, 22:12 n0slet

I'd say the engineer update would be dead last. I am pretty sure the soldier update will be next, followed by the demoman, and finally the engineer. I'd imagine the engineer would get updated after the demoman class just because demoman is one of the main engineer counters in my eyes. Soldier definitely needs an update so I dare say it will be first. Plus I imagine the engineer will be a tough one to update just due to the type of class they are. They already got a mini update at least.  

4. Re: TF2 King of the Hill Details Aug 12, 2009, 21:44 spindoctor

There will eventually be a engineer update. However, seeing as it's a very popular class, it will probably be the last to get updated.  
Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

3. Re: TF2 King of the Hill Details Aug 12, 2009, 21:01 Prez

Are they going to do an Engie update, or was the mini update that gave us level 3 tele's and dispensers the update?

I am very interested in a soldier update.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

2. Re: TF2 King of the Hill Details Aug 12, 2009, 20:22 Nate

I've been eagerly waiting for the Engy and Soldier updates too. Oh well, this classless update looks good too.  

1. Re: TF2 King of the Hill Details Aug 12, 2009, 20:04 Decoy

I'm excited. New gametype, new map(s?).. new hats! I think I would really have preferred to see the Engy update but I suppose this will tide me over.  

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo