Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Fallen Earth Open Beta Next Week

The Fallen Earth Website announces open beta testing of this post-apocalyptic MMOG begins on Monday, August 17, with sign-ups getting underway Friday:

FALLEN EARTH, LLC announced today that the post-apocalyptic massively multiplayer online (MMO) game of the same name will begin an Open Beta program August 17. Players who want to get an early glimpse of Fallen Earth on August 17 need only register on FilePlanet beginning Friday, August 14 at 1 p.m. ET (GMT-4).

Taking place in the Grand Canyon, Fallen Earth gives players the choice to rebuild the decaying world or participate in its destruction through use of the classless advancement system, real-time crafting and the seamless integration of first-person shooter and role-playing game mechanics.

“The Open Beta and Pre-Order programs give a much larger group of players the opportunity to experience Fallen Earth,” says Jessica Orr, product manager for Fallen Earth. “We are excited that players want to get a jump on the game, and we are including a little something extra for being among the first to order.”

Those who pre-order Fallen Earth at Direct2Drive get an exclusive in-game mount—the Wasteland Runner—which has four more points of defensive skills, 2500 more Stamina and six more pack slots than other horses. Additionally, pre-orders receive a guaranteed spot in the Open Beta and a five-day head start in the game, beginning September 4.

Keep up to date with all the Fallen Earth action on the Facebook and Twitter pages.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Fallen Earth Open Beta Next Week Aug 13, 2009, 03:06 Cutter

Not only is this not F2P, but they're thinking they can charge $15US per month and $50US for the client as well.

ROFLMAO!

Best of luck with that. Seriously. You'll really, really, really, need it.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Fallen Earth Open Beta Next Week Aug 13, 2009, 02:50 Longswd

I beta tested for all of 2 days, about 3 weeks ago, it's all I could stomach (and I was a hopeful genre fanboy). The game is so not ready for release in September. Major performance problems once you hit the non-instanced world. Besides performance issues, it just doesn't feel right. It tries to be a RPG/FPS hybrid and the FPS portion is just clunky as hell. Hellgate was a 5 star game next to this. Be prepared for major disappointment if you buy day 1 and don't wait for reviews.

I don't always drink carbonated Mexican rat piss, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

4. Re: Fallen Earth Open Beta Next Week Aug 12, 2009, 22:33 The Half Elf

Good idea's horrible execution.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

3. Re: Fallen Earth Open Beta Next Week Aug 12, 2009, 21:15 Alamar

The client performed very poorly on my PC.

A few months ago... a game in BETA was crap... How odd...

Any thoughts on gameplay? : )

-Alamar

2. Re: Fallen Earth Open Beta Next Week Aug 12, 2009, 20:26 Nate

I briefly played with a beta a few months ago too. Hope things have improved. The client performed very poorly on my PC. The tutorial stuff had OK performance but once I got above ground, it became an ugly, unplayable, stuttering mess.  

1. Re: Fallen Earth Open Beta Next Week Aug 12, 2009, 19:31 Keith

Got into the beta for this a couple of months back and took it for a few hour spin. Was not impressed at all. It wasn't so much that it did things wrong, as much as it was just regular EQ in a post-apocalyptic setting. I was kind of hoping for a AO 2, and found EQ with guns. I want a sci-fi MMO enough that I'll probably give the game another once over when they do the inevitable trial account.  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo