Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Tech Bits

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 12, 2009, 17:34 ldonyo

If Linux is ever as easy to use as Windows then tech sites will include Linux in their reviews. Until that happens, there is no point in reviewers killing themselves for the four or five readers that use Linux exclusively.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 12, 2009, 13:22 DG

I'd value a short paragraph in a review saying that they had the product working fine in linux using supplied drivers.

I had a go booting Ubuntu but dropped it when the wireless adapter didn't even have hacked drivers, and even the Nvidia driver linux instructions bore no resemblance to what was needed to install them. If I was choosing between two products, all else being equal I'd choose the one that works easily in linux.

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 12, 2009, 13:03 Verno

Linux is ready for the desktop has been the mantra for what, six years now? Shit probably more than that, I remember hearing it when KDE first appeared. They do an impressive amount of talking about it instead of actually working with game developers and hardware manufacturers to make it happen.  

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

1. Linux Aug 12, 2009, 11:17 Umbragen

I always get a kick out of it - whenever someone suggests that Linux is a viable desktop operating system, but to implore tech sites to embrace Linux? That's satire so subtle, so heavily disguised, so nuanced, that the article reads like they are totally serious. Ya gotta hand it to those geeks, they are brilliant!  

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo