Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Tech Bits

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 11, 2009, 02:30 Jerykk

PC version is the lead SKU so I wouldn't worry about consolitis. I also have a feeling the game will be more polished than the first two Gothics. They've actually hired some pretty big actors and writers for Risen (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1475543/), which suggests a larger budget.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 10, 2009, 21:24 Paranoid Jack

Sounds good. What do you know about the PC development? Was the game developed for PC or the X-Box... which is the ported version? Will the PC version have a huge console GUI?  

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 10, 2009, 20:50 CJ_Parker

My guess is that Risen will be the next title to slip into 2010.

Not gonna happen. They have already set and committed to a date which is October 2nd worldwide. The game has been in feature freeze and beta testing for months now so it is extremely unlikely that any major unexpected issues are all of a sudden going to pop up out of nowhere. They are balancing and polishing the game at this time according to the forums so they are really just about "done". German magazines have already been given access to playable beta code. The ad campaign and PR in general is in full swing (in Germany). Short of an act of God (office fire, earthquake, nuclear accident, plane crashing into their office building) there is nothing going to stand in the way of that October 2nd release.

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 10, 2009, 20:07 Paranoid Jack

My guess is that Risen will be the next title to slip into 2010. Though I hope not.

edit: I haven't been following it's development but hope to purchase it before DAO hits a month or so later. Bad news is Alpha Protocol hits the next day (if they both keep to their schedules). After watching a bit and seeing some screens I must say I'm more excited about Risen than any other cRPG at the moment. The only thing that could ruin that is if it's got show stoppers and performance issues. Not to mention consolitis would be a drag...

This comment was edited on Aug 10, 2009, 20:14.

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 10, 2009, 17:07 Cutter

Indeed. Whilst Gothic 1 & 2 were great games they were pretty piggish resource wise.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 10, 2009, 12:31 Jerykk

I really hope Risen is optimized better before release. No AA and the average framerate is 30 FPS on a GTX 285? There better be proper SLI/Crossfire support too otherwise my 4870X2 will go to waste.  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo