Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Safety Dance

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Safety Dance Aug 10, 2009, 19:30 Kxmode

This anti-social drone could, you know, go outside and socialize when his Facebooks die. That's how they used to do it back in the day.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Safety Dance Aug 10, 2009, 18:56 kookaveetsa

Heh LOL @ the M$ fanbois, hehe. Rotfl  

"An it harm none, do what thou wilt"

13. Re: Safety Dance Aug 10, 2009, 02:55 BobBob

Meh, Linux Desktop is no more stable than Windows XP. If anything, every new release of Ubuntu breaks something. Linux server on the other hand is fantastic, but as a desktop it sucks.  

12. Re: Safety Dance Aug 10, 2009, 02:28 DangerDog

We're one step away from some lame 9/11 like internet catastrophe and the entire system is going to be changed, large corporations want to charge for their services while shutting out things they don't like about the internet and government wants censorship control.

remember, think of the children Cry

11. Re: Safety Dance Aug 9, 2009, 23:52 kookaveetsa

Heh I said it before and I'll say it again, Windows sux, hehe. Rotfl  

"An it harm none, do what thou wilt"

10. Re: Safety Dance Aug 9, 2009, 16:41 ldonyo

It is not the operating system that is at fault, it is the average user that bears 99.999% of the blame for the spread of botnets, worms and trojans. Giving the same users a different OS is only going to change the targeted OS, not the end result.

You cannot program to get around a clueless or stupid user. I don't care how good you think you are, there are users out there that can defeat any safety measure you put into any program with a single click of their mouse.

9. Re: Safety Dance Aug 9, 2009, 15:59 Creston

What a dipshit. Let's ban 95% of the world's internet population from the internet, because a few cunts used a botnet to shut down... oh noes, the world's social networks! WHAT WILL I DO IF I CAN'T TWEEF FOR A FEW HOURSSS??!! MY FACEBOOK IS DOWN!!!

(For that matter, why the fuck are Twitter and Facebook etc not protecting themselves against DDoS attacks?)

We should instead ban cunts like this clown from the internet, so he can stop wasting everyone else's packets.

The reason windows isn't more secure is mostly because of its users. Users that will happily click on every single fucking thing put in front of them, users that refuse to install patches, users that DEMAND that their next OS be compatable with all their old apps, etc.

And because of that, Windows remain insecure. That said, I've been using windows since windows 95, have never had my computer used as a botnet, have never had any major security issues, or anything. What, is my version of Windows more secure than the next guy's? Or do I simply know that if I see a weird email from someone I don't know, I shouldn't open it? And that I shouldn't go to websites that end with .ru?

This shouldn't be placed in Safety Dance, it should be placed in Very Loud Imbeciles Who Bleat Too Much.

Creston

This comment was edited on Aug 9, 2009, 16:01.

8. Re: Safety Dance Aug 9, 2009, 14:39 MrBone

What I love about these loud-mouthed bloggers is their fine grasp of reality. Yeah, let's ban Windows. That makes perfect sense. Oh, and while we are at it, I want my 20 grand solar panel array to produce enough free energy to pay for itself within 1000 years. Neither is likely you say? No shit.  

7. Re: Safety Dance Aug 9, 2009, 14:37 Ratty

in fact it precludes Linux from ever gaining foothold in the desktop market
Great point. And that's the crux of the matter right there ladies and gentlemen

6. Re: Safety Dance Aug 9, 2009, 14:13 dubfanatic

But Linux is PERFECT and open source is the BEST DEVELOPMENT MODEL that has ever and WILL ever be invented! If you don't agree with me you must be an M$ SHILL!

This guy completely misses the point. Yes, it sucks that it's so easy to install a trojan on a Windows PC, but the real problem is that people are stupid enough to install them in the first place. This is a problem that won't go away just by switching to Linux (in fact it precludes Linux from ever gaining foothold in the desktop market)

This comment was edited on Aug 9, 2009, 14:15.

5. Re: Safety Dance Aug 9, 2009, 13:07 JaguarUSF

Idiot. If more people used Mac or Linux, viruses and botnets would be designed for Mac or Linux. Simple as that.  

4. Re: Safety Dance Aug 9, 2009, 13:02 Wallshadows

If I got rid of windows, how would I be able to see out my house Huh  

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

3. Re: GET OFF MY LAWN WITH YOUR DEVILS MUSIC Aug 9, 2009, 12:55 Prez

WTF? Get rid of it in favor of what? Linux? Mac? No thanks. Show me a viable alternative - one I can game on - and I'll listen. Til then, sorry, not drinking the kool aid.

This comment was edited on Aug 9, 2009, 12:56.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

2. Re: GET OFF MY LAWN WITH YOUR DEVILS MUSIC Aug 9, 2009, 12:06 DG

Perhaps it's time to start blocking Windows PCs from the Internet.
Evidently he doesn't feel strongly enough about it to block Windows PCs from his website.

Anyway, I not inclined to assume the problem is going to go away if we have the same dumb people using Linux.

1. GET OFF MY LAWN WITH YOUR DEVILS MUSIC Aug 9, 2009, 11:50 space captain

maybe its time to get rid of kneejerk reactions instead?

maybe learn to program your own brain a little better, hmm?

Go forth, and kill!

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo