Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

THQ Buys Midway San Diego

Midway Sells San Diego Studio To THQ, Sells German-French Divisions has more on the breakup of Midway Games, describing the disposition of a couple of the studios not acquired by Warner Bros. They point to an SEC filing indicating Midway has sold its San Diego studio to THQ, and its French and German divisions to smaller entities. Word is THQ will offer employment to at least 40 of the 100 employees at the San Diego studio, though they also point out: "However, specifically excluded from the bankruptcy purchase by THQ is the contract with the TNA iMPACT! video game in development at the studio, as well as the third-party tools such as Unreal Engine being licensed for the game's creation."

View
2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

2. Re: THQ Buys Midway San Diego Aug 9, 2009, 11:43 The Magician

Anyone else just find it a bit surreal, that Midway is .. gone?

THE powerhouse of (non-PC) games back in the early 90's.. all the way to .. when? i don't know, i stopped paying attention when the arcades went away.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Re: THQ Buys Midway San Diego Aug 8, 2009, 17:27 Parallax Abstraction

Must be nice to all the people who just got recently got canned from THQ's massive studio closure that they're buying more again.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo