Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Op Ed

GameSetWatch - 'Game Mag Weaseling': A Question of Respect.
This is perhaps a message I've harped on before, but if print media sees itself as lacking respect in the game industry, then it needs to change itself. It needs to focus less on advertising -- it doesn't have any choice in that respect, really -- and more on product. Why does Edge get so much advertising from development outfits and game companies, far more than the size of its readership would seem to demand? Why is Game Informer now just as thin as any other video-game print title, despite now beating Time in circulation?

PC Cohort - The Warhammer Disaster.
No aspects of the game was immune to issues – even “player versus environment” situations. As an example, Lost Vale (an instanced dungeon intended for high level players) had two encounters that were malfunctioning so badly that they could simply not be completed regardless of the skill of the individuals involved. Bugs and exploits needed to be utilized to defeat the encounters.

View
3. CGW Aug 3, 2009, 09:05 Shok

I loved reading CGW way back in the 80's and 90's. Especially before the internet hit, I made my game buying purchases based on CGW reviews.

There's an awesome database of old CGW mags:

http://cgw.vintagegaming.org/index.php

I miss the old games after reading some of those reviews.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Aug 2, 17:51 Re: Op Ed Jerykk
  2. Aug 2, 18:23  Re: Op Ed PHJF
>> 3. Aug 3, 09:05   CGW Shok
  4. Aug 3, 10:20  Re: Op Ed the_culture
  7. Aug 4, 02:58   Re: Op Ed Jerykk
  5. Aug 3, 13:35 Re: Op Ed Zadig
  6. Aug 3, 19:17 Re: Op Ed space captain

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo