Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Modern Warfare 2 Movie

A new Modern Warfare 2 movie on the YouTube shows off multiplayer play from Infinity Ward's upcoming military shooter sequel. The clip demonstrates customized killstreaks that allow you to customize your killstreak loadout. No actual greenhouses were harmed in the making of this video.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Movie Jul 29, 2009, 03:55 Blatz

Misses bolts? Um, that is what WaW is for...

And aren't those "+50" realtime point pop-up thingos a server-side option anyway? They can be turned on and off? I play fair bit of WaW, and most of the servers that I play on do not have it, however, I did come across one server that did display these point pop-ups, and I didn't like it, very annoying. So I just assumed it was a server side option... or was this server running a mod?

I hope it is an option for MW2, as I am highly interested in getting it.

This comment was edited on Jul 29, 2009, 03:56.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Movie Jul 28, 2009, 21:31 born2expire

is that a fucking UAV on that one gun?

what happened to skill in games, thanks to perks and kill streaks skill is no longer a necessity.

I guess I'm the only one who misses bolts.

25. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Movie Jul 28, 2009, 16:33 Zardoz5

ahhh more overpowered perks that ruin the game

Indeed. I found that the helo and air strike can ruin the balance of CoD 4. While its nice to get rewarded for doing well, it gives the team that is winning even more of an advantage in many cases. The helo is especially annoying, its overly accurate, cheap AI. If they made it player controller it would be better.

24. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Movie Jul 28, 2009, 15:10 ColoradoHoudini

I would love for this game to be toned down a notch or two. With so many tactical'ish assets, I don't think I should see +50 pop up over someones head, or the feel that people are moving around too quickly.

Same issue I had with Quake Wars.. all those awesome tactical elements, and the gameplay being too fast.

I am not asking for realistic slowdown.. just ratchet it back a notch.

23. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Movie Jul 28, 2009, 10:14 Elessar

I have absolutely nothing negative to say. That was an awesome trailer and I'm absolutely psyched to play this. Been a long while since I could say that for a game these days.

As for those concerned about twitchy gameplay. You have always been able to regulate your experience with any COD game. Find servers that do not have 16+ players and you'll find that the gameplay is a bit more tactical. Less spawn kills, grenade spamming, killstreak specials, etc. For me, it's the perfect balance to find a lower pop server (10 to 14) that results in a medium paced playstyle.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

22. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Movie Jul 28, 2009, 09:23 Beamer

It's ten years ago when everyone was saying Counterstrike was l337 and Unreal Tournament was too twitchy, shallow and arcadey. MY TIME MACHINE WORKS!

UT is only 10 years old. I'd say 10 years ago was the peak of the arcade twitch. It had nowhere to go but down.

Counterstrike's also 10 years old, but it wasn't the mainstream powerhouse it became for another year or two. Then came Battlefield, etc. All still twitchy, but hiding the arcade elements.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

21. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Movie Jul 28, 2009, 08:46 Mostly_Harmless

Seems like they can whatever the fuck the wanna do with us because they know we will just eat it and stfu.

Who's this "we" you speak of, I certainly wont be buying the game at that price, even if it means waiting 6 months for it to drop and missing out on playing it with the rest of my current COD4 clan.

20. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Movie Jul 28, 2009, 07:42 f13

and thus set a precedent. Bad news.

exactly. EA execs must be scratching their heads thinking if this would work on their games too.

so what if the game is awesome and delivers? $96 for a game is appalling. WTF? People usually pay that for a collector edition because the added items give you an extra value for your purchase.

this market needs regulation. Seems like they can whatever the fuck the wanna do with us because they know we will just eat it and stfu.

fight the power!

19. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Movie Jul 28, 2009, 06:14 StingingVelvet

I never play multiplayer but that trailer made me scream with joy. Maybe I will try multiplayer again, for the 10th time, and see if I can enjoy myself.

And is this really $60 on PC? I hadn't seen that... if so, it will sell massively anyway, and thus set a precedent. Bad news.

18. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Movie Jul 28, 2009, 04:04 Dr. D. Schreber

The AC-130 looked pretty cool, however the game is just so fast paced & arcadeish. But this is what COD is really all about fast paced arcade style fun. I would love to see a hybrid approach that combines the best elements of ARMA & COD:MW.

It's ten years ago when everyone was saying Counterstrike was l337 and Unreal Tournament was too twitchy, shallow and arcadey. MY TIME MACHINE WORKS!

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

17. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Movie Jul 28, 2009, 03:15 Jerykk

I think Activision is getting cocky after the 10+ million sales each for CoD4 and WAW. I'd like to believe that consumers won't accept this price hike but given that the general populace has no problem paying $60 for console games when they could get the PC versions for $20 less doesn't inspire much faith.  

16. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Movie Jul 28, 2009, 02:50 DangerDog

How about Modern Combat Colonel Marines edition, it's even got the motion tracker gizmo from Aliens.  

15. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Movie Jul 28, 2009, 01:45 Blatz

Yeah, it should be called "Modern Weapons 2" ...  

14. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Movie Jul 28, 2009, 01:19 PHJF

Well, they've jacked the retail price in the US too, $59.99 for the no-frills version on the PC.

That will go over *real* well.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

13. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Movie Jul 28, 2009, 01:12 MrBone

Who cares if it is $100?? I would pay $1000 for what I just saw. Where am I?  

12. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Movie Jul 28, 2009, 00:43 The Half Elf

Yeah the Rainbow Six series (pre-Vegas) was NEVER popular /s  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

11. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Movie Jul 27, 2009, 23:49 Techie714

The AC-130 looked pretty cool, however the game is just so fast paced & arcadeish. But this is what COD is really all about fast paced arcade style fun. I would love to see a hybrid approach that combines the best elements of ARMA & COD:MW.  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

10. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Movie Jul 27, 2009, 23:28 Jerykk

Themes have definitely changed, we've gone from Quake to BF/MW; so pure fantasy to realistic themes. But the popular FPS games have always been "twitch". After Quake there was Counter-Strike, which despite what many people wanted to believe was still twitch and not realistic. Then there was BF1942, and the rest of the BF games, which streamlined the arcade style play with the realistic theme. And now there's MW, TF2, and more BF games which are just making tweaks and improvements to their already well done arcade style gameplay. The only major difference is now we're working towards teamplay, and support role scores, instead of just kill counters.

This is true. Modern shooters are just pseudorealistic. They have realistic settings, enemies, weapons, etc. But they aren't even remotely realistic when it comes to actual gameplay. If they were, people would go down after one shot to the chest or they would bleed to death and be crippled by shots to the limbs. People wouldn't be able to turn, aim or move very quickly. Running while shooting would be impossible. I personally preferred when shooters were completely unrealistic, as it was far more interesting and let developers go wild.

9. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Movie Jul 27, 2009, 23:25 Beamer

Operation Flashpoint 2 should be the ying to MW2's yang.

Very true.

But I think this is a sign we're shifting back. Perhaps "twitch" wasn't the right term, but moving back to games clearly being games with no pretenses about anything else.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

8. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Movie Jul 27, 2009, 23:02 DangerDog

Well, they've jacked the retail price in the US too, $59.99 for the no-frills version on the PC.

Not buying their cover story for development costs etc, recycled engine, recycled sound effects and most likely quite a few assets.

Codemasters actually lowered the price of Operation Flashpoint 2 to $39.99, where's the love Activision?

This comment was edited on Jul 27, 2009, 23:05.

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo