Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Resident Evil 5 PC Specs

Computer and Video Games outline the system requirements for the upcoming Windows edition of Resident Evil 5, to accompany the recently released PC benchmark for the survival/horror sequel. Here are the points of interest, including the recommendation to use the Xbox 360 controller for Windows:

OS
Windows XP: Required
Windows Vista: Recommended

CPU
Minimum Requirement
Intel PentiumD Processor
AMD Athlon64 X2

Recommended
Intel Core2Quad Processor or better
AMD Phenom X4 or better

RAM
Minimum Requirement
Windows Vista (1GB)
Windows XP (512MB)

Recommended
Windows Vista (2GB or more)
Windows XP (1GB or more)

Graphics Card
Minimum Requirement
VRAM (256MB)
DirectX9.0c/Shader 3.0
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series
ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro

Recommended
VRAM (512 or more)
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 series or better
ATI Radeon HD 4800 series or better

Interface
Required
Mouse & Keyboard
Gamepad

Recommended
Xbox360 Controller for Windows
InternetBroadband Connection

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: Resident Evil 5 PC Specs Jul 29, 2009, 14:19 Dr. D. Schreber

The stories in both games are pretty laughable

You must be new to Resident Evil.

I'd say Dead Space is actually better than RE4/5, as opposed to different. RE4 started the whole "Survival/Action-Horror" genre-shift, and Dead Space is simply a newer refinement of the idea (Isaac's superpower of "walking while holding his weapon up" is often cited here, but there are certainly other bits of polish in Dead Space that make it a smoother experience.) RE5's biggest problem is that it's functionally identical to RE4, with some downgrades (terrible friendly AI you can't get rid of, terrible inventory system replacing a great one in RE4, much less stylistic presentation; I never did hate anyone in RE5 as much as I did the leetle preek in RE4,) but, in the end, RE5 still has most of RE4's good stuff, so it's still fun, just a bit dated.

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Resident Evil 5 PC Specs Jul 28, 2009, 04:33 Dots

But the gameplay...is that it? Or was that just some rushed, short piece of garbage to push out the benchmark demo? I just saw people walking straight through groups of zombies and just shooting whatever they wanted.
It's just a demo driven by two invincible AIs running from waypoint to waypoint trying to shoot stuff to produce slowdown.

But otherwise: RE4/5 are basically third person shooters with some quantity of RPG elements and huge gameplay variety. The stories in both games are pretty laughable though action cutscenes are pretty well-done. It's kind of like Dead Space in general, if you've played that pretty excellent game, but different.

24. Re: Resident Evil 5 PC Specs Jul 28, 2009, 03:37 Kxmode

periphery!

My new favorite word! 2 point Joss!

23. Re: Resident Evil 5 PC Specs Jul 28, 2009, 03:00 Jerykk

CHANGING YOUR WEAPON... REALTIME!? It... it can't be! I heard you can even look around and see other things in your periphery!

Considering that RE5 doesn't even let you move while shooting, being able to change weapons in real-time is a pretty big step up. If they actually add the ability to move while shooting to the PC version, that will be even better.

22. Re: Resident Evil 5 PC Specs Jul 27, 2009, 22:06 necrosis

If Capcom made the Typing Of The Dead series for the PC, I have no doubt in my mind that the only peripheral it would support is the mouse.
They did: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/puzzle/typingofthedead/index.html

21. Re: Resident Evil 5 PC Specs Jul 27, 2009, 22:02 Joss

Also, I read that the PC version of Resident Evil 5 allows for real-time weapon switching, which is awesome.

CHANGING YOUR WEAPON... REALTIME!? It... it can't be! I heard you can even look around and see other things in your periphery!

Good god.

20. Re: Resident Evil 5 PC Specs Jul 27, 2009, 21:31 Riker

Recommended
Xbox360 Controller for Windows

Uh yeah, because everyone knows that a console controller is much easier to use and more accurate than a keyboard and mouse. Nice try, Microsoft.

19. Re: Resident Evil 5 PC Specs Jul 27, 2009, 20:20 Kxmode

It sold like hotcakes

So in the mood for hotcakes with maple syrup...

Had those for lunch, actually. Quite tasty.

Quiver

18. Re: Resident Evil 5 PC Specs Jul 27, 2009, 20:02 Ray Marden

So my big, evil, terrible secret is that I have ignored Resident Evil for many, many years. A lot of them just felt the same to me and I really got tired of a game that was based around preventing the player from having a good camera and controls.

I went and downloaded the test demo and it ran at the maximum refresh of my monitor; even for taking some possible console cheats, it stressed how badly optimized certain games are.

But the gameplay...is that it? Or was that just some rushed, short piece of garbage to push out the benchmark demo? I just saw people walking straight through groups of zombies and just shooting whatever they wanted.

Does the game have a semi-decent story? Is there more gameplay? More interaction? More exploration? Or is it just more of an arcade shooter, albeit with zombies?
I just felt bored by the end of the demo.
Feeling old,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

17. Re: Resident Evil 5 PC Specs Jul 27, 2009, 18:23 KilrathiAce

Will the PC version have coop? this is the big question. It better have multiplayer/lan coop options.  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

16. Re: Resident Evil 5 PC Specs Jul 27, 2009, 17:57 Overon

Some of the last capcom ports weren't bad at all, I don't mean the games, I mean the controls. It seems that they are spending more than 5 minutes on controls for PC.  

15. Re: Resident Evil 5 PC Specs Jul 27, 2009, 17:42 NiteX

I just ran the benchmark on DX10 with everything on high and to my surprise it never went below 30 frames. My system is only slightly above the required to!  

14. Re: Resident Evil 5 PC Specs Jul 27, 2009, 17:33 StingingVelvet

No matter what the hardcore "I MUST WHINE JUST BECAUSE" crowd says, Capcom ports since Lost Planet have been excellent. Devil May Cry 4 is not my kind of game, but the positive reaction from PC players of that title is massive.

Also, I read that the PC version of Resident Evil 5 allows for real-time weapon switching, which is awesome.

I fully plan to buy this.

13. Re: Resident Evil 5 PC Specs Jul 27, 2009, 16:18 nin

It sold like hotcakes

So in the mood for hotcakes with maple syrup...

Had those for lunch, actually. Quite tasty.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

12. Re: Resident Evil 5 PC Specs Jul 27, 2009, 16:13 Kxmode

It sold like hotcakes

So in the mood for hotcakes with maple syrup... Drool

11. Re: Resident Evil 5 PC Specs Jul 27, 2009, 14:46 Joss

Isn't this game on rails?  

10. Re: Resident Evil 5 PC Specs Jul 27, 2009, 14:28 Verno

Yeah I don't get the RE5 hype either. It sold like hotcakes but I played it at a buddy's house and found it terrible.  

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover

9. Re: Resident Evil 5 PC Specs Jul 27, 2009, 14:01 Cutter

It sucked on the console, I can only imagine how bad the PC port will be.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

8. Re: Resident Evil 5 PC Specs Jul 27, 2009, 12:27 Kxmode

No drivespace required? Awesome! \o/  

7. Re: Resident Evil 5 PC Specs Jul 27, 2009, 12:14 Jerykk

If Capcom made the Typing Of The Dead series for the PC, I have no doubt in my mind that the only peripheral it would support is the mouse.

They did make it for the PC and it supported keyboard.

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo