Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Sims 3 Sales Outpacing Sims 2?

Gamasutra has a story about the latest NPD charts tracking retail sales of PC games in the US. Word is The Sims 3 sold 820,000 retail units in the US in June, almost twice the number of units than were sold during the month by console chart topper PROTOTYPE, which is rarified air for a PC game (though perhaps not as shocking as The Sims 2 Double Deluxe occupying the #3 spot on the chart after two The Sims 3 SKUs). They did a little digging and found EA reported around 700,000 first-month sales for The Sims 2 in 2005, so it seems The Sims 3 sales are actually outpacing those of its predecessor.

View
6. Re: Sims 3 Sales Outpacing Sims 2? Jul 22, 2009, 18:23 Talisorn

I never got into the other Sims games (in fact the others held my attention for less than a couple of hours), but I had really gotten into this one. I think finally the removal of the boundary of the house and opening up the entire town was a definite advantage along with the addition of goals. I had to pry myself away from it in the end. I can't explain the why it's so engrossing .... except ...

... if you haven't seen Zero Punctuation's review of the game, see it. It explains it all. The Sims are pure evil.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jul 22, 13:12 Re: Sims 3 Sales Outpacing Sims 2? Creston
  3. Jul 22, 13:18  Re: Sims 3 Sales Outpacing Sims 2? Krovven
  4. Jul 22, 13:42   Re: Sims 3 Sales Outpacing Sims 2? Creston
  5. Jul 22, 15:06    Re: Sims 3 Sales Outpacing Sims 2? PHJF
>> 6. Jul 22, 18:23     Re: Sims 3 Sales Outpacing Sims 2? Talisorn
  2. Jul 22, 13:13 Re: Sims 3 Sales Outpacing Sims 2? tony
  7. Jul 22, 20:59 Re: Sims 3 Sales Outpacing Sims 2? Zadig
  8. Jul 22, 23:21  Re: Sims 3 Sales Outpacing Sims 2? Jerykk

footer

Blue's News logo