Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

No PC Dante's Inferno

Electronic Arts has confirmed growing suspicions that Dante's Inferno is not heading to the PC, reports Big Download. EA's statement on the topic is short and to the point: "When Dante's Inferno was originally announced in December, we attached no platforms to the project. When we came out with a first look for press in February we announced 360/PS3 and then in April we announced PSP. We never announced a PC SKU nor are there plans for any." On a related note, EA today announced a six issue comic mini-series based on the game, with the first issue to debut at Comic Con that will employ the talents of Diego Latorre and Christos Gage. Comic Con will also feature the premiere of the trailer for the direct-to-DVD animated feature that will be released at the same time as the game.

View
37 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

37. Re: No PC Dante's Inferno Jul 24, 2009, 10:09 Verno

Stalker is more open world post apocalypse than survival horror.  

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

36. Re: No PC Dante's Inferno Jul 23, 2009, 18:01 theyarecomingforyou

I'd call Doom 3 more survival horror than a shooter if I had to give it an arbitrary label.
STALKER is more survival horror than Doom 3.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

35. Re: No PC Dante's Inferno Jul 23, 2009, 08:46 Verno

Halo is a horrible game and yet still better than Doom 3, just sayin  

34. Re: No PC Dante's Inferno Jul 23, 2009, 00:45 Jerykk

When I think of shooters, I think of fast paced titles I guess.

I used to share that mindset until Halo came out. Halo is quite easily the slowest FPS I've ever played, though I still consider it a shooter (a thoroughly mediocre one at that).

33. Re: No PC Dante's Inferno Jul 22, 2009, 09:37 Verno

While I agree about the lack of depth, how is Doom 3 not much of a shooter? The game revolves around shooting stuff.

You shoot stuff at a glacial pace while waiting for script sequences. It's a shooter in the same way that Call of Duty 4 is a hardcore FPS (ie not really). When I think of shooters, I think of fast paced titles I guess. I'd call Doom 3 more survival horror than a shooter if I had to give it an arbitrary label.

32. Re: No PC Dante's Inferno Jul 22, 2009, 07:38 Mashiki Amiketo

lol I must've struck a nerve, I love upsetting you nerdy PC elitists, it's fun.
Actually, you're just an idiot and don't realize it. Which is a shame, because you're just another troll with high opinions of themself.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

31. Re: No PC Dante's Inferno Jul 21, 2009, 16:25 Jerykk

Doom 3 is a horrible example, it has little depth and isn't really much of a shooter in the first place.

While I agree about the lack of depth, how is Doom 3 not much of a shooter? The game revolves around shooting stuff.

30. Re: No PC Dante's Inferno Jul 21, 2009, 12:50 Verno

And both those games are still better than the standard console shooter

Doom 3 is a horrible example, it has little depth and isn't really much of a shooter in the first place. I'd take a console shooter over that one any day. Stalker on the other hand isn't my cup of tea but I will acknowledge it is a game with deep gameplay elements.

29. Re: No PC Dante's Inferno Jul 21, 2009, 12:11 Jerykk

I don't know if PC gamers have higher shooter standards, I mean, STALKER is well loved and Doom 3 sold millions...

And both those games are still better than the standard console shooter. Also, Doom 3 only sold well because of its name. I'd be really surprised if Doom 4 sold anywhere as much.

28. Re: No PC Dante's Inferno Jul 21, 2009, 11:46 Verno

Goodbye PC and goodbye gaming industry. Thanks for playing, but I cannot lower my intelligence to play rail shooters that I played on the PC 10 years ago.

Gaming sucks now with 1 out of 100 games being decent these days.

What did you plan on doing instead?

27. Re: No PC Dante's Inferno Jul 21, 2009, 10:40 Beamer

I don't know if PC gamers have higher shooter standards, I mean, STALKER is well loved and Doom 3 sold millions...  
-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

26. Re: No PC Dante's Inferno Jul 21, 2009, 10:38 theyarecomingforyou

Fuck that...it's gotten to the point where a developer can port a game from one platform to another without much derivation in gameplay. Frankly, I'm rather glad the era of PC-exclusives is more or less passed. There's no sense or point in it anymore.
So there's no point in games like Starcraft II, Diablo 3, King's Bounty, Anno 1404, Dawn Of War II, Civilization 4, STALKER or Empire: Total War? Personally I'm glad that a large amount of console games are becoming available on PC, where they can be played with better visuals. Now at least I have a choice; I mean, I'd hate to have missed out on games like Street Fighter IV.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

25. Re: No PC Dante's Inferno Jul 21, 2009, 10:31 Surf

Goodbye PC and goodbye gaming industry. Thanks for playing, but I cannot lower my intelligence to play rail shooters that I played on the PC 10 years ago.

Gaming sucks now with 1 out of 100 games being decent these days.

This comment was edited on Jul 21, 2009, 10:32.

24. Re: No PC Dante's Inferno Jul 21, 2009, 10:31 Elessar

Caveman - lol I must've struck a nerve, I love upsetting you nerdy PC elitists, it's fun.
There's a difference between striking a nerve based on content of a discussion and just generally being an annoying pest. We've heard your antagonistic drivel time and time again. The only thing you've succeeded in doing is being generically annoying, like a child who repeats themselves louder and louder until they're heard. Don't kid yourself into believing you've provoked any relevant thoughts from anyone other than "go away".

As for the news... it's never good to hear about a prospective decent title not making it to the PC, but it's not necessarily indicative of things to come. Now if this was Modern Warfare 2 or something similar, then I'd be concerned.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

23. Re: No PC Dante's Inferno Jul 21, 2009, 06:52 Muscular Beaver

Fuck that...it's gotten to the point where a developer can port a game from one platform to another without much derivation in gameplay. Frankly, I'm rather glad the era of PC-exclusives is more or less passed. There's no sense or point in it anymore.

WTF? Looks like the decline of intelligence is also getting worse and worse.
Seriously, stupid posts like that have been pretty common on BN lately...

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

22. Re: No PC Dante's Inferno Jul 21, 2009, 04:35 vermin

hopefully they won't go back on their word and release it on pc either. let's hope!  

21. Re: No PC Dante's Inferno Jul 21, 2009, 02:47 PHJF

Frankly, I'm rather glad the era of PC-exclusives is more or less passed. There's no sense or point in it anymore.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

20. Re: No PC Dante's Inferno Jul 21, 2009, 01:45 Jerykk

You were complaining last week about Microsoft strangling the PC platform with its Games for Windows campaign.

Actually, I was complaining about Microsoft strangling the PC by turning PC games into Xbox exclusives, making DX10/11 a Vista/Windows 7 exclusive, forcing players to use GfWL and MS points to buy DLC, etc. And all that's still true. Publishers' support of the PC has nothing to do with Microsoft. As game costs rise, publishers recognize the need to expand their audience and making PC ports lets them do this with minimal expense.

Disagreed completely. There are things you can do with mouse and keyboard that you can't effectively do with a gamepad. Strategy games and CRPGs, for example. A platform's interface affects every design choice in the game and a game designed for a gamepad will never take full advantage of the possibilities offered by mouse and keyboard. There are also different standards between PC and console gamers. This is why DICE is considering removing the regenerating health and infinite ammo from the PC version of BF1943. PC gamers generally have much more experience in certain genres (like shooters, western RPGs and strategy games) and as such, have higher standards when it comes to those kinds of games.

19. Re: No PC Dante's Inferno Jul 21, 2009, 01:01 Masa

Truth. Publishers are supporting the PC a lot more now than they did a few years ago.

You were complaining last week about Microsoft strangling the PC platform with its Games for Windows campaign.

Now if only they'd make more PC-exclusives (or at least have PC be the lead SKU in multiplatform games like Dragon Age).

This comment was edited on Jul 21, 2009, 01:09.

18. Re: No PC Dante's Inferno Jul 21, 2009, 00:16 Caveman

Caveman, shut up, no one cares what you have to say. You just don't matter at all.
lol I must've struck a nerve, I love upsetting you nerdy PC elitists, it's fun.

37 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo