Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mirror's Edge DLC Done?

No more DLC is planned for Mirror's Edge, DICE's parkour-themed action game, reports That VideoGame Blog. They inquired whether any more DLC was coming to follow the "Time Trial" pack released earlier this year, and received the following reply from EA publicist Kelly Ekins: "There are no immediate plans for future DLC for Mirror's Edge." Thanks Mike Martinez.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Mirror's Edge DLC Done? Jul 16, 2009, 18:03 Jerykk

I have no problem with DLC when it's something worth paying for. Bethesda has done a great job with the Fallout 3 DLC by providing new content that can't really be matched by the modding community. Sure, there are plenty of mods that offer new characters, armor, clothing, weapons, etc, but nothing nearly as expansive as what Bethesda have offered. What I don't like is the very minor DLC that is so prevalent like extra costumes, items or vehicles. That stuff should already be in the game as unlockable rewards for finding secrets, beating time trials, etc, or it should be released for free to keep players interested in a game.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Mirror's Edge DLC Done? Jul 16, 2009, 17:33 space captain

Another reason why nobody takes PC gamers seriously.

so you refer to yourself as "nobody"? sounds about right

Go forth, and kill!

13. Re: Mirror's Edge DLC Done? Jul 16, 2009, 17:06 The Half Elf

Well there is an increasing number of console games that have DLC that is shipped with the game but unlocked via a key. Not to mention content that is held back for Expansions (PC) or DLC (Consoles), that could have been included with the original game.

But on the other hand there are companies that are releasing more content for their games on PC and Consoles that is free like Burnout Paradise.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

12. Re: Mirror's Edge DLC Done? Jul 16, 2009, 17:06 Mostly_Harmless

FYI the DLC for the PS3 version is now free on the playstation store, not sure how long It's been that way but I grabbed it last night.  

11. Re: Mirror's Edge DLC Done? Jul 16, 2009, 17:00 theyarecomingforyou

Another reason why nobody takes PC gamers seriously.
You act as if console gamers are more mature when that couldn't be further from the truth. All I see on sites like Gametrailers are PS3 and X360 owners bashing each other at every opportunity. Your bullshit anti-PC rhetoric has no place here.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou

10. Re: Mirror's Edge DLC Done? Jul 16, 2009, 16:44 Elf Shot The Food

I still think combat is entirely pointless in the damn game and only serves in it's implemented form to break up an otherwise momentum-based game.

That was my biggest problem with it too: it's like they didn't have enough faith (bada-bump) in their original concept so they threw in a bunch of gun battles to make things more "exciting."

9. Re: Mirror's Edge DLC Done? Jul 16, 2009, 16:44 VogelAP

Was the DLC ever released for Steam installs?  
-drew
www.drewvogel.com

8. Re: Mirror's Edge DLC Done? Jul 16, 2009, 16:40 Flatline

Yeah, it did. This game could have seriously benefit from a level editor. Given the game's small community, custom levels would have helped it grow.

Or illustrated the really, really painful design flaws in the original.

I still think combat is entirely pointless in the damn game and only serves in it's implemented form to break up an otherwise momentum-based game.

7. Re: Mirror's Edge DLC Done? Jul 16, 2009, 16:39 Caveman

typicall ea
Oh please, PC gamers always whine about DLC and how it's a ripoff or should be free and how it milks console gamers or other crap. When they don't bother releasing more, you guys whine even more. Another reason why nobody takes PC gamers seriously.

6. Re: Mirror's Edge DLC Done? Jul 16, 2009, 15:43 |RaptoR|

no level editor is my only complaint about the game  

5. Re: Mirror's Edge DLC Done? Jul 16, 2009, 15:36 Jerykk

Yeah, it did. This game could have seriously benefit from a level editor. Given the game's small community, custom levels would have helped it grow.  

4. Re: Mirror's Edge DLC Done? Jul 16, 2009, 14:19 necrosis

Did this DLC even come out for the PC version?  

3. Re: Mirror's Edge DLC Done? Jul 16, 2009, 13:31 baltar

Its a excellent game.. glad there isn't many bugs.. considering ea being quick to drop support on games..

oh, wait.. there is a bug - DRM

2. Re: Mirror's Edge DLC Done? Jul 16, 2009, 13:02 Elf Shot The Food

I just finished playing this a couple of nights ago. Classic example of a love-it-or-hate-it game.  

1. Re: Mirror's Edge DLC Done? Jul 16, 2009, 12:58 baltar

typicall ea  

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo