Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brian Bland

Real Name Brian Bland   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Unmaker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Former level reviewer for PC Gamer Online and former bot review for Ramshackle.
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 18, 2001, 16:49
Total Comments 288 (Amateur)
User ID 9682

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > PlanetSide Expansion
13. Re: . Aug 16, 2003, 09:29 Unmaker

If I don't get bored playing BF1942 on the same maps over and over than Planetside isn't for me? Did you intend that double negative? I honestly can't tell.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PlanetSide Expansion
7. Yep. Aug 16, 2003, 02:36 Unmaker

See, I was afraid of this. They're already starting with the expansions before they've even finished with the original game. The war still doesn't even have a POINT!

News Comments > Max Payne 2 Previews
10. A love affair? Aug 13, 2003, 11:56 Unmaker

I don't know about Max Payne and all this love business. Here's hoping the game is more "John" and less "woo." As for the characters being wasted in the first, hey, I enjoyed wasting those characters!

News Comments > C&C Generals Demo Soon
11. No subject Aug 6, 2003, 20:49 Unmaker

I couldn't care less whether or not the game is PC. It's just not any fun, not to me anyway. And leave it to EA to release a demo of a game that's already been out for several months. Yet more evidence that EA has its finger on the pulse of its customers.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Good to hear Jul 11, 2003, 12:00 Unmaker

I was just thinking the same thing. It's nice to hear that Blue still plays games. I was beginning to wonder. I don't know that I share his tastes, but it's good to hear nonetheless.

News Comments > JetFighter 5 Announced
6. Patriotism as a marketing tool Jul 9, 2003, 11:11 Unmaker

Homeland Protector? Paleez. "Look everyone! I can wave the flag too! Buy our game! Please?"

News Comments > NWN: Shadows of Undrentide Gold
13. No subject May 31, 2003, 01:41 Unmaker

I put Morrowind in the same catagory as The Sims, Deer Hunter and Myst. It's a successful game whose popularity I cannot fathom. It's not even that I find the game overwhelming--if anything it's quite the opposite. Even on my kickass ubermachine (with all the graphics maxed) it absolutely bores me to tears. Replayability? Whatever. I beat the game ONCE, but that's because I make it point to finish anything I start. After that, I couldn't get it off my drive fast enough. And this is the opinion of someone who's been playing RPGs for over 20 years now. Morrowind is dullsville.

News Comments > NWN: Shadows of Undrentide Gold
5. Morrowind May 30, 2003, 22:24 Unmaker

My biggest gripe about Morrowind is that it's mind-numbingly boring. Who cares if a game is open-ended if you spend most of your time just walking around looking at textures? Oh, and ALL the NPC interaction is text based... and not just a little bit of text either, but HUGE reams of tiny, repetitive text.

NWN's plot was weak and the voice acting was--at best--uneven, but the world felt much less barren. I'd much rather have a restrictive, detailed plot where things are always going on, than an open-ended, sterile world populated by painfully flat NPCs.

News Comments > JA3 and Wizardry 9?
2. Yay JA3! May 29, 2003, 15:30 Unmaker

Yes! JA3! *cough*multiplayer*cough*

News Comments > Jedi Academy Preview
2. Re: Hi. May 28, 2003, 19:57 Unmaker

Wow. No kidding.

News Comments > Action Gamers: The Eyes Have It
2. Doh! May 28, 2003, 16:46 Unmaker

Shhh! Don't say video games could be used to train soldiers for combat... someone might hear you! <Looks around to see if anyone was listening>

News Comments > Chaser MP Movie
3. No subject May 24, 2003, 05:17 Unmaker

Eh, I downloaded it. It looked better than I thought it would, but didn't do much for me.

News Comments > Breed SP Demo
63. Re: Why the voice is rubbish May 24, 2003, 03:35 Unmaker

ChristianP, I don't think it was mystery to *anyone* here as to why the Breed weren't appearing until the player got within a certain range. Obviously the devs don't want the Breed standing around when not in sight of the player...

Aha, there's the problem! If a player can see where a Breed *will* be upon approaching then he should be able to see the Breed there NOW. Nothing else is acceptable. If the engine can't handle having that Breed be present and visible when IT SHOULD BE... then either the engine is broken or the level should've been designed differently. Period.

News Comments > Breed SP Demo
45. That boy aint right May 23, 2003, 19:23 Unmaker

I liked the demo. Yeah, it has a number of issues (all of which others have mentioned) but I had fun (and that's all that matters to me).

I tellya though, I don't know what's up with the commander guy. Some of his pronunciations sound Canadian... and yet he draws out the vowel of tiiiiime like he's from Texas or something. Those wacky Candadian Texans, I tell you what.

News Comments > Heaven & Hell German Demo
4. Re: Rock and Roll!!!! May 23, 2003, 02:23 Unmaker

Thanks El Pit. Talk about stuff getting lost in the translation, eh? =) As for the demo... I still haven't tried it yet.

News Comments > Heaven & Hell German Demo
2. Re: Rock and Roll!!!! May 22, 2003, 23:56 Unmaker

Babelfish Translation

"This play [game] is really good. I might have played as God, and as the people insulted, will me I her also to thrash fasten storm and fight. I like each possible play, in which I steer the world with mine alone sake. If you do not like this play, and to cry you go spineless to American."

What's this about a spineless American? =)

Unmaker

This comment was edited on May 22, 23:57.

News Comments > Washington's Game Law
9. No subject May 20, 2003, 21:39 Unmaker

Boo. Hiss. =(

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PlanetSide
41. Re: No subject May 20, 2003, 02:06 Unmaker

Is America's Army any good? I've sort of been avoiding it on principle. But I've never been one to let principles get in the way of gaming goodness. So... is it fun?

This comment was edited on May 20, 02:08.

36. Re: Yay! May 19, 2003, 23:00 Unmaker

It's not so much the COF thing that people are complaining about. You've said it yourself, it's "how inaccurate all the guns are." The cone of fire for most of these weapons is HUGE compared to other games. Most games use the COF *primarily* to simulate a circumstancial loss of accuracy (i.e. reduced accuracy for running etc.), but Planetside's weapons START OFF inaccurate and get much, much worse as you move and whatnot.

23. Rampant frustration May 19, 2003, 20:01 Unmaker

I can appreciate most of the complaints regarding Planetside. When I say I love the game, what I really mean is that I love what it could be. I don't see much indication that it'll ever be what it might have been... sadly.

#19 Yeah, the Cone of Fire business is largely bullshit. I see what they were going for, but they really should have gone about it differently.

#18 Yes, most of Planetside's weapons *are* overly weak (and no, I'm not a big "realism" fan), especially in relation to vehicles. Aircraft in particular should go down a lot easier than they do. As it is, Reavers can just sit there and hover, taking their time to aim--BECAUSE THEY HAVE NOTHING TO FEAR FROM INFANTRY ANTI-AIRCRAFT. Don't even get me started on tanks.

288 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo