Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brian Bland

Real Name Brian Bland   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Unmaker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Former level reviewer for PC Gamer Online and former bot review for Ramshackle.
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 18, 2001, 16:49
Total Comments 288 (Amateur)
User ID 9682

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > The High Price of Hacking?
5. Re: Privacy Nov 14, 2002, 10:38 Unmaker

Our judicial system works slowly by design... to keep mistakes from being made.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Okay now... Sep 10, 2002, 10:38 Unmaker

Alright, I agree with many of the opinions expressed here, however, trauma is a personal as well as social thing. Each of us must battle our demons as we ourselves see fit. If Blue wants a moment of silence for Sept. 11, well, we have to respect that: He's doing what he needs to do. It's his web site and therefore his decision.

Unmaker

39. Sorry blue... Aug 29, 2002, 00:46 Unmaker

I can only imagine the hell that you must be going through, Blue. You, an animal lover, you, a man unwilling to harm even a spider... and here you are. Well, you're not to blame: Inertia is the culprit. Tragedy happens every hour of every day in every city on the planet... and it seldom makes any sense. It doesn't serve any higher purpose that I can discern. It's just... pain. All we can do, as people, is try to help one another through the rough spots. Don't worry bro, there's a good chance the pooch found his way to a vet. I myself have rescued two such animals, and I have to believe there are others out there who would do the same.

15. Re: Then and Now Aug 27, 2002, 09:50 Unmaker

Thanks Liquid. Silly though it may sound, you've made me feel less alone in this vast, evergrowing "community" that we have here. Things change I guess, sometimes not for the better, and anyone that wasn't *there* from the beginning won't be able to fully appreciate all that we've lost over the last seven years. Blue has always been here though... and for that I am infinitely grateful.

News Comments > DOOM III At QuakeCon
25. 4 players?? Aug 17, 2002, 03:41 Unmaker

I'm really concerned about the four player limit. I'm assuming this is a CPU consideration... if so, how is this limitation going to affect prospective engine licensees? I was hoping to see some next-generation multiplayer games based on the Doom3 engine... but most team-based games aren't really viable with only four players. Well, er, maybe as the engine ages and computers get faster... it'll become a non-issue. I hope so.

1. Mailbag. Aug 11, 2002, 11:37 Unmaker

Say Blue, whatever happened to the mailbag?

News Comments > UT2K3 & Unreal II Previews
9. I'll get both. Aug 7, 2002, 13:47 Unmaker

I'm a shootist first and foremost, so I'll play 'em all, but between you, me and the lampost: Id's engines are vastly superior to anything Epic has ever produced. Oh, and you want to talk about gameplay? Well, all I can say is: Epic likes its bells and whistles. Most of Epic's weapons are based, in one form or another, on SPAM. They're all nice to look at, but do they require skill? No, not really. That being said, I *do* have to give it up to Epic for their support of alternate play modes. Deathmatch, as much as I love it, is getting pretty tired.

News Comments > American Conquest Rolling Demo
1. Auf deutch? Aug 5, 2002, 12:32 Unmaker

A game called "American Conquest" with a German voiceover? Anyone else find that a little creepy? =)

News Comments > Freedom Force Patch
2. Just a skirmish mode? Jul 29, 2002, 12:39 Unmaker

I'm afraid it's desperately in need of a few things, like playabale multiplayer for one.

News Comments > Tron 2.0 Testers Wanted
3. Re: Choose me! Jul 24, 2002, 17:54 Unmaker

Hell... I still have the whole Tron figure collection, plus both the light cycles, and none of it's tucked away. It's all on my shelf near my computer. I also have extensive beta-testing experience and programming experience. Let's hear it for random selection! Woohoo.

News Comments > WarCraft III Gold
15. Yay! Jun 13, 2002, 11:17 Unmaker

Zug Zug! [Throws Beta CD in the air] Pull!

16. My wisdom teeth Jun 12, 2002, 15:18 Unmaker

My wisdom teeth have sorta come in. I mean, I can feel them at the back of my jaw, but they're partially overgrown with flesh. Sometimes the actual skin near there flares up a bit, but nothing major. I can click my jaw though, and I suspect that's caused by my wisdom teeth. They don't really cause me any pain though... so what, am I safe? Or will they just up and turn on me some day?

Unmaker

News Comments > Neverwinter Nights Gold
9. Yes! Jun 11, 2002, 18:17 Unmaker

Yes, now I can die a happy man! Wait, I should probably play it a bit first...

14. Re: Typo Jun 10, 2002, 12:27 Unmaker

I don't understand this trend of people substituting letters for words and numbers for letters. Is it that they don't know how to spell or is it some sort of special Internet dyslexia? I once thought it was due to the many slow, lazy typists out there, but apparently these same people can spew out profanity at some 120 words per minute--so scratch that theory. Suddenly I understand why it is that license plates are made in prison.

8. Re: Typo Jun 10, 2002, 10:29 Unmaker

#2, Have you ever seen a ride at an amusement park which bore the sign "You must be at least this tall to ride...?" Well, if ootb were such a ride I'm afraid you'd have missed the mark by several feet. Remember, if you often read things that you don't understand, or that seem "lame" to you, it may just be that you're stupid. It's the far simpler solution don't you think?

3. Pounds? Jun 9, 2002, 11:54 Unmaker

Er, do you mean "pounds" as in cash or as in weight? Either could apply I guess.

1. I feel cheated. Jun 8, 2002, 11:05 Unmaker

What? No anecdote? I feel cheated! I insist on getting my money's worth I... oh wait, that's right... Nevermind.

News Comments > Gore in the Store
10. Okay... Jun 3, 2002, 21:14 Unmaker

Well, I don't know what to tell you guys. I played the game several times and didn't like it. The graphics are sub-par and the feel of it seriously wonky. *shrug* If you like the game, by all means buy it and play it, but for my own part... I'm gonna skip it.

4. No subject Jun 2, 2002, 12:02 Unmaker

Oh, and while I'm on the topic of remakes.... the new Planet of the Apes ranks right up there (or should I say, down there) with the new Time Machine. Both are a complete waste of time and money.

3. No subject Jun 2, 2002, 11:59 Unmaker

Yes, the remake of Ocean's 11 is vastly superior to the original. Better acting, better script, better directing... better movie.

288 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo