Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brian Bland

Real Name Brian Bland   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Unmaker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Former level reviewer for PC Gamer Online and former bot review for Ramshackle.
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 18, 2001, 16:49
Total Comments 288 (Amateur)
User ID 9682

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > MoH Allied Assault Breakthrough
8. Taskmaster... Apr 22, 2003, 12:53 Unmaker

EA, you silly taskmaster, you need to slow it down a bit. Give your victims, er I mean customers, some time to appreciate each sting of the lash. It's too soon after Spearhead. You want *this* expansion to be appreciated for its *own* lack of merits.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Guild Wars Announced
6. Okay... Apr 22, 2003, 12:47 Unmaker

I don't know what to make of this. Are these former or current members of Blizzard? If former, then was their some kind of exodus from the company? If the latter, is their talent splitting its attention?

News Comments > Games & Washington
46. Re: Parents?! Apr 18, 2003, 15:38 Unmaker

DrEvil, then answer me this: Why *not* sell it to minors? Do you see what I'm saying? They've made a value judgement with regards to video games... it's the only thing that "justifies" making a law to govern its sale. Your logic is circular.

41. Re: Comments Apr 18, 2003, 15:32 Unmaker

Actually Drekhead, all we need to is teach people is how to THINK. Not WHAT to think, but HOW to think. If schools taught logic and critical thinking... the whole election process would actually WORK, rather being the disgraceful coin flip that it is presently. Americans, on average, don't know how to think, how to prioritize and most of all they don't know how to make a proper decision. So, instead of problems being addressed... we wind up chasing our collective tail, producing insipid, useless even *dangerous* laws like this one. The hell with morality--give us REASON.

This comment was edited on Apr 18, 15:34.

40. Parents?! Apr 18, 2003, 15:27 Unmaker

All of you are assuming that the parents should even bother to police which video games their children are playing. People, there is no evidence to suggest that video games are in any way harmful! Yes, I do indeed think America has a nation of very poor parents, but damnit, why are we worried about video games? With this law the government has official recognized video games as a problem (without any evidence to suggest that such is the case) and is now LEGISLATING morality based on this arbitrary distinction. It sets a bad precendent for the future. It's insanity.

33. Re: Well time to burst bubbles Apr 18, 2003, 15:11 Unmaker

I don't know about the original poster, but I *am* against religion as a governmental presence. Most religions have an arbitrary and sometimes primitive understanding of morality, one based on: "Do this and you will be rewarded" and "Don't do that or you will be punished." Unfortunately the "don'ts" are often perfectly reasonable and the "do's" are just as often dysfunctional. Trying to legislate such arbitrary governance is tyrannical and downright ignorant. Laws should be based on FACTS and should seek to legislate not morality but functionalism.

29. Bad Precedent Apr 18, 2003, 15:00 Unmaker

This sets a bad precedent. It *assumes* a causal relationship between video games and deviant behavior... an association which has been disproven by substantial research. This could be the beginning of much worse things to come. *sigh* I can't say that I much care for the way my country has been run lately.

News Comments > Rainbow Six 3 Athena Sword
4. Re: Raven Shield Apr 18, 2003, 14:42 Unmaker

Actually, for me anyway, getting through the game with ONE team proved much easier than using two or three. On some of the later missions, you have to babysit the AI or you'll be hearing MAN DOWN within seconds of launch. This can be accounted for to some extent through proper planning... but there's no accounting for missed shots and faulty perception. The only disadvatage to using one team is that you miss out on the nifty mission planning and thus can't coordinate a convergance on a particularly tough objective.

News Comments > Rainbow Six 3 Athena Sword
1. I'll buy it. Apr 18, 2003, 13:09 Unmaker

So far I'm enjoying Raven Shield. How about some bot support guys? It would be especially cool if we could plan a number of possible offensives for the bots to use (ala the mission planner) and then have them randomly select a mission each round from a list of possible missions.

News Comments > Fire Chief Announced
1. Er, I dunno... Apr 17, 2003, 09:27 Unmaker

This sounds like one of those self-consciously non-violent titles that usually wind up sucking. Nevertheless, with the way games have been lately, innovation is welcome. Of course, innovation by itself is worthless. Best of luck Fire Chief.

News Comments > Remember the AoM Titans
18. Re: A LETTER OF APOLOGY Apr 14, 2003, 16:38 Unmaker

Interesting. Fred's mother punctuates just as poorly as her son. She also seems to have a penchant for moticoms rarely displayed in an individual over the age of 13. Quite fascinating.

News Comments > Star Wars Galaxies Mania
18. Re: Unmaker Apr 12, 2003, 19:23 Unmaker

Yes, that's what I figured he was trying to say. What he *did* say, however, was ludicrous. I hate it when people on MY SIDE of the argument say things that undermine the credibility of the argument. It's like teaming with a TKer that doesn't know that teamkilling is bad, but who, for some inexplicable reason, believes it somehow be beneficial to the team.

Oh, and that's a tight ad concept. It exposes the major flaw of this ad campaign: It's bullshit. Odds are, if a girl's going to get pregnant due to diminished capacity, it's probably going to be from alcohol. If you're going to lobby against pot, you need to focus more on its *unique* drawbacks. If they were smart they'd try and link pot with cigarette smoking. We know how popular tobacco is these days. Of course, they'd never do that... because it afford good 'ol THC a sort of legitimacy that they'd rather it didn't have.

11. Re: Unmaker Apr 12, 2003, 17:13 Unmaker

Spoken like a man who doesn't hold very tightly to his supposed convictions. If you care as much about the issue as you *claim*, I suspect you'd have more to say. And FYI it's "you're," in this case, not "Your."

8. Re: Keep it to yourself. Apr 12, 2003, 16:09 Unmaker

Bigp3rm. Okay, firstly, I support the decriminilization movement. I don't smoke it, but I don't care if other people do. It's less problematic than alcohol in my opinion. Secondly, what anti-pot ad? Did I miss it? Third, your statement is... spurious. People that smoke pot get more time than terrorists or rapists? Are you saying they get more jail time BECAUSE they smoke pot? (Unlikely) Or are you stating that people who commit serious crimes are more likely to be pot smokers? (More likely) If you want to have any hope for furthering your cause you need to learn how to present the facts my friend.

7. Re: No subject Apr 12, 2003, 15:56 Unmaker

Ah, thanks Azraelot. Though I've seen Star Wars like 80+ times, I haven't seen it in a number of years. I couldn't for the life of me remember what he said.

1. No subject Apr 12, 2003, 13:11 Unmaker

Hmmm, Dantooine is the planet that Lea claimed to be location of the Rebel Alliance when questioned by Vader in Star Wars. I seem to recall the Grand Moff disbelieving her because Dantoonine was unsuitable (either as a base or as liveable environment--I forget which). Anyway, that lie lead to the destruction of Alderan(sp?). So I guess people are living on Dantooine after all, and I'm guessing at least a few rebels will be there as well.

News Comments > NVID-EA
14. No subject Apr 10, 2003, 18:39 Unmaker

This doesn't directly affect me since I wouldn't buy an EA product with *stolen* money, let alone my own.

News Comments > Devastation Patch
9. Re: Biggest ever? Apr 10, 2003, 13:21 Unmaker

TangledThorns: The only thing that you and I have in common... is that neither of us knows what the hell you're talking about. Blizzard's games are among the highest quality games. Their many patches are primarily for balancing purposes.

News Comments > Devastation Patch
5. The patch that ate Tokyo Apr 10, 2003, 12:05 Unmaker

Man, that's a HUGE patch. Usually when patches are that big they also offer some sort of additional content. What could they've possibly screwed up that requires a patch of this size? Looks like the dialup users (both of them) are in for a bit of a wait.

News Comments >
1. No subject Apr 7, 2003, 19:04 Unmaker

Yep, looks like Digitalo has a lot of *plans*. Here's hoping they make good on them. It's a shame they couldn't just have fixed most of these issues before release.

288 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo