Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KO

Real Name KO   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shok
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 11, 2001, 15:27
Total Comments 809 (Graduate)
User ID 9616

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: PS3 hack Jan 10, 2011, 16:08 Shok

Creston wrote on Jan 10, 2011, 13:15:
Verno wrote on Jan 10, 2011, 10:14:
They should have just left Linux on the thing.

That's actually what makes me just laugh at the whole thing. Sony wanted to be fucking jackasses by removing a feature that probably HELPED sell their console quite a bit, and so now their entire console is just raped.

I hope someone makes a firmware that allows for backward compatibility with the old titles again. (Likely it won't work for all of them, but hey, even some would be good.)

Stupid, stupid Sony. Maybe next time when you offer a well-liked feature, you'll think twice about just removing it on a whim, for basically no reason whatsoever? Morons.

Creston

This article actually has some comments worth reading, like this one from SimonStr:

Also waiting for the rabid "told you so" brigade, who will pretend this only happened because Sony removed OtherOS.

They have conveniently rewritten history, as Sony only removed OtherOS, BECAUSE Geohot hacked the hypervisor...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Civilization World Alpha Next Week
3. Re: Civilization World Alpha Next Week Jan 6, 2011, 23:06 Shok

Sorry, I'd reinstall kali to look for games before I would join facebook to play one. It's inevitable though I know...eventually no one will be anonymous on the internet. Until then no social networks for me  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Hotfixes
6. Re: World of Warcraft Hotfixes Jan 6, 2011, 18:44 Shok

So that's how girls end up playing WoW...  

News Comments > New FRAPS
3. Re: New FRAPS Jan 5, 2011, 08:29 Shok

Does anyone use the video capture tool in Xfire? Supposedly it does the same thing as FRAPS but I've never used it.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
8. Re: Hackers leave PS3 security in tatters. Jan 4, 2011, 08:44 Shok

Yep, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see a PS4 go out to the net to verify authenticity of a game every time it starts. An offline mode might limit use to a few days or something...  

News Comments > PC Motion Controller
18. Re: PC Motion Controller Jan 3, 2011, 18:20 Shok

Speaking of TrackIR, I've been meaning to build my own after reading this maximumpc guide a while back:

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/how-tos/how_build_your_own_ir_head_tracker

News Comments > The Demise of The Bard's Tale
5. Re: The Demise of The Bard's Tale Dec 27, 2010, 22:44 Shok

That interview article with Rebecca Heineman is really interesting if you are an original Bard's Tale fan.

Damnit I might have to get an iphone now:
right now I'm taking my old Bard's Tale code and porting it to iPhone.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2010, 23:24 Shok

Had to get Clones for $2.50...I loved Lemmings back in the day and Clones is more of that plus it has multiplayer. Also bought the indie flight pack, mix pack and 2d pack. I love christmas shopping...for myself  

News Comments > On Sale - GOG.com Sale, New Humble Indie Bundle
1. Re: On Sale - GOG.com Sale, New Humble Indie Bundle Dec 14, 2010, 20:57 Shok

Just Cause 2 - That's a great game for $7.50. I was never the GTA open-ended type gameplay fan but the JC2 engine really rocks. It requires DX10 though so no WinXP gamers...

Jeff Atwood even "reviewed" this recently:
http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2010/11/my-holiday-in-beautiful-panau.html

News Comments > New AMD/ATI Catalyst Reference Drivers
1. Re: New AMD/ATI Catalyst Reference Drivers Dec 13, 2010, 15:41 Shok

I'm seeing a download link for the new Catalyst 10.12 preview on the Windows 7 64-bit link you posted.  

News Comments > Cataclysm Sells 3.3m in 24 Hours
32. Re: Cataclysm Sells 3.3m in 24 Hours Dec 13, 2010, 14:06 Shok

I'm enjoying this expansion. Even though there are still those 'kill 10 goblins' and 'collect 6 samples' type grinding quests they mix in a lot of fun quests. For example, in the underwater zone, Vash'jir, you change into a Naga for series of quests.

I did cheat a little by using the Carbonite addon with its quest helper to point me where to go for alot of the quests though. I just have no patience running around trying to find some of the little clues sometimes.

News Comments > Civilization V Pack Next Week
10. Re: Civilization V Pack Next Week Dec 9, 2010, 16:06 Shok

I'm not buying any DLC until they patch the AI problems in this game.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Launch Stuff
9. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Launch Stuff Dec 6, 2010, 16:02 Shok

Hahaha...you expect to be able to actually play tomorrow? I will be surprised if the servers are'nt locked on and off all day or zones go up and down. It is a cataclysm though so I guess they have that excuse  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 6, 2010, 14:06 Shok

I feel the same way DangerDog. I work in PC support so I'm not some technophobe or anything. I just know I don't want my information to come up on a google search in 5, 10, or 20 years from now.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 5, 2010, 14:23 Shok

The viewer renders PDF documents as HTML-based pages, and doesn't require Adobe Reader's free browser plug-in, or any of the alternatives.

The PDF viewer operates within Chrome's "sandbox," a security feature that isolates processes to make it more difficult for malware to affect the browser or infect the computer.

God I hate patching Adobe every other week at work. Now I don't really need Foxit installed at home at least.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
1. Re: Sunday Consolidation Dec 5, 2010, 14:13 Shok

It's not X3 Mac it's X3Max. I'm not familiar with jailbreaking PS3's or anything I just clicked through wondering why it worked only on a Mac and realized it's not Mac only...  

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Red River Trailer
8. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Trailer Nov 18, 2010, 19:48 Shok

They have to start the hype as early as possible but like someone has already said, I'm not buying this after the overhyped and underwhelming Dragon Rising.  

News Comments > LucasArts Layoffs
12. Re: LucasArts Layoffs Nov 18, 2010, 07:54 Shok

Moog wrote on Nov 18, 2010, 05:55:
Akuinnen wrote on Nov 18, 2010, 00:31:
Is this the thread where we mention?
You forgot their best ever game... Outlaws!

You beat me to it! I'm sure I wrote this in the forums before but I made one of the first multiplayer maps for Outlaws using some level editor a couple guys hacked together. My map was called "rattlesnake ravine". Lucasarts liked it and emailed me to come out and interview. I flew out for a weekend and although I didn't get the job it was still cool to see Lucasarts and meet the devs. This was back in 1997...man I feel old.

News Comments > Witcher 2 Dated, CE
3. Re: Witcher 2 Dated, CE Nov 16, 2010, 22:38 Shok

At first I thought it included a real jacket but it is only an in-game item...no thanks.  

News Comments > C64 RPG Newcomer Nears
2. Re: C64 RPG Newcomer Nears Nov 15, 2010, 21:39 Shok

Gah, I can't imagine all the disk swapping (EDIT) wow, 11 single sided disks will be needed for that game. I remember playing Bard's Tale and Ultima4 on the C64 and swapping in 3-4 floppies throughout the games. It's 2010, can you even buy 5.25" floppies for the C64  

809 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo