Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KO

Real Name KO   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shok
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 11, 2001, 15:27
Total Comments 819 (Graduate)
User ID 9616

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 DLC and Steam Workshop Support
1. Re: Company of Heroes 2 DLC and Steam Workshop Support Dec 10, 2013, 22:40 Shok

Wow, a whole 10%! Golly. Lol.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GeForce 331.93 Beta Drivers
9. Re: GeForce 331.93 Beta Drivers Nov 29, 2013, 17:28 Shok

dj LiTh wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 12:44:
Eraserhead wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 12:39:
For anyone who's been having trouble with desktop and browser instability with the latest drivers, as I was, these might do the trick. I've got a 460 GTX and wasn't able to install anything past 314.22 without getting frequent crashes.

Been using 331.58 for the past week or so (which were posted in the Nvidia forum as a test driver) and all's been well so far.

I've got two 460gtx's myself, and 331.58 have been very stable for me.

Thanks! Been having bluescreen reboot crashes lately in Firefox with 331.65 & 331.82 on my GTX560. Just installed 331.58 and hopefully won't see any more nasty crashes now...

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Nov 25, 2013, 21:14 Shok

So Distant Worlds and the three expansions finally go on sale and the total for all four is $64.96?????

Sorry I can get like 10+ AAA games from Steam during one of their sales for that amount. Guess I'll wait another year or three lol.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
83. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2013, 17:22 Shok

It so so sucks losing a pet. Sorry for your loss Blue.  

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
2. Re: Evening Screenshots Nov 19, 2013, 21:02 Shok

The close-ups are nice and all but the Wargame series are played at blimp-eye's view 99.999% of the game lol. Yes, screwing around watching replays is closer but I'm just saying...  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
4. Re: Into the Black Nov 19, 2013, 20:59 Shok

I didn't but the Steam forums have a lot of posts about screen tearing issues with/without vsync turned on.  

News Comments > X Rebirth & Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preloads
5. Re: X Rebirth & Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 13, 2013, 19:33 Shok

GOG's insomnia sale thing is addicting. must. keep. checking. GOG tab.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 4, 2013, 17:02 Shok

Got a message on steam logging in that Metro:LL is available on Linux now. So it is hereby added to my wishlist for a future steam sale purchase...  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
3. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 2, 2013, 20:53 Shok

The news that a firmware update has increased Surface Pro 2 battery life almost 2 more hours piqued my interest today. It's still way too expensive for the 256gb or 512 that I would want though. Maybe if it comes down a few hundred I'll bite...

And I hate Win8 also but at least with a touch-screen it is bearable using metro...

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Oct 25, 2013, 19:59 Shok

Still Origin free but the comment on that article is comedy gold lol.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
9. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut Oct 22, 2013, 16:49 Shok

Drayth wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 16:42:
Is the Missing Link now integrated directly into the progression of the main game?

According to this video the DLC is included but the DLC missions aren't required to play through the game. Boss fights are gone (I think, the dev's accent sounded like "boss fights are ridded" but I could be hearing it wrong lol) Apparently there is a built-in guide if you get stuck somewhere also, and better graphics. The dev basically said they looked at the 11 or so criticisms of the original release and address about 9 in the director's cut. $5 is a no-brainer for me since I never finished the game first time around because of the stupid boss fights.

News Comments > Monaco Adds Free Content
5. Re: Monaco Adds Free Content Oct 22, 2013, 16:37 Shok

Linux is getting some love this week. First Rogue Legacy and now Monaco get native linux ports!  

News Comments > Red Baron Remake Kickstarter
3. Re: Red Baron Remake Kickstarter Oct 22, 2013, 16:33 Shok

I never got into the original but worked with a guy once who would play it fanatically and tell these detailed stories about the missions he had in the game. I'm sure he had hundreds of hours into it. And this was 9 years ago when it was still a pretty outdated game for that time. I'll have to dig up the old CD for it and see if I can get the glide version running on Win7x64...or more likely under wine in Ubuntu.  

News Comments > X Rebirth Trailer & LE Details
18. Re: X Rebirth Trailer & LE Details Oct 21, 2013, 20:37 Shok

I'll probably end up buying this at some point. Rebirth is a poor name though; it makes me think 'afterbirth' or something but whatever I guess I'm just twisted...  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 17, 2013, 21:37 Shok

Well actually my wife started it without me lol. I was planning on downloading it and installing via flash drive or dvd but luckily it worked out...  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 17, 2013, 21:10 Shok

Upgraded to 8.1 on my wife's laptop and she complains her photos are all gone. After googling the problem, I find that the built-in photo app in Win8 pulled photos from your flickr and/or facebook accounts and they have now replaced it with an app that only shows local photos. Tried to explain to her all she has to do is 1) download them manually from flickr to her desktop or 2) wait for flickr to release a win8 app. Thanks MS!

I will say that the 3gb+ upgrade installed just fine via windows update mechanism. /surprised

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 17, 2013, 20:48 Shok

Panickd wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 20:18:
Cutter wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 12:56:
Panickd wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 11:58:
One day one of these bot companies is going to pop up in Russia or China and Blizzard will win in court like they always do and the company is going to tell Blizzard to go fuck itself and laugh while watching Blizzard attempt to enforce the ruling.

They'll just cut them off by IP blocking them and banning whoever uses the product - as they do now.

They ban accounts. IP blocking would be idiotic since most ISPs dynamically allocate them and that would mean you risk blocking some player who did nothing wrong. And it's not like the creator of the bot is going to give a shit if a few people get their accounts banned for violating Blizzard's ToS if he's already got their money. This is a losing battle for Blizzard. Every time they shutter one group building bots for WoW a new one pops up to take it's place.

Not to mention blocking IP's would be pointless when all you'd need to do is log into a VPN to get a new IP...

News Comments > The Dark Mod No Longer a Mod
1. Re: The Dark Mod No Longer a Mod Oct 11, 2013, 21:58 Shok

This is pretty nifty - works in Linux, Windows, and Mac. I downloaded it a few days ago and got around to installing it today on Ubuntu. I downloaded it from a torrent then followed the simple install info here.

So far I've only got a bit into the training mission but like it so far...

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Oct 3, 2013, 19:04 Shok

Thought that name sounded familiar. Now I have to pull out my Outlaws cd's for some musical reminiscing.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2013, 16:52 Shok

Re: Terraria,

I might have to reinstall it I guess. I installed the android version on my tablet yesterday and it was ok but the controls were still goofy using touchscreen...

re: 32 real life cheat codes,

Setting homepage to a random wikipedia page sounds pretty neat, to do it use the url http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random

819 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo