Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KO

Real Name KO   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shok
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 11, 2001, 15:27
Total Comments 803 (Graduate)
User ID 9616

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > EverQuest Accounts Reactivated
2. Re: EverQuest Accounts Reactivated Feb 12, 2011, 20:21 Shok

I'm tempted to log my badass monk (feign death pulling ftw) back in just to experience Kunark and Velious expansions again...those were EQ golden days there. I'm sure after the first few zone loads and mental comparisons to an easier WoW, I will quit but atleast it would be nice to see what all has changed in the UI and whatnot...  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked?
62. why there was no demo Feb 12, 2011, 11:32 Shok

People forget what happened with the demo for the original Crysis. It was hacked.

That's my guess for why they didn't release one this time around, or it certainly was a factor in their decisions...

News Comments > Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked?
13. Re: Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked? Feb 11, 2011, 23:18 Shok

Wtf, was HBGary Federal their security firm or what?  

News Comments > A Valley Without Wind Trailer and Q&A
3. Re: A Valley Without Wind Trailer and Q&A Feb 11, 2011, 23:12 Shok

Hey it's pre-alpha so I guess they were going for the 'any publicity is good publicity' angle. However, if it's programmed and supported half as well as AI War & expansions I'll be buying it...  

News Comments > DiRT 3 & GFWL, New Trailer
1. Re: DiRT 3 & GFWL, New Trailer Feb 11, 2011, 23:06 Shok

For DoW2: Retribution it was actually a selling point that it's not using GFWL like the previous games. I got DiRT 2 free with my Radeon 5850 and just remember fighting the menus since I didn't have a gamepad back then. I'm guessing M$ is subsidizing game developers who use their craptacular GFWL.  

News Comments > Dawn of War II - Retribution Beta Begins
4. Re: removed Feb 11, 2011, 08:30 Shok

Cool, I didn't think there was an offline mode. I downloaded this last night but didn't want to embarrass myself playing online before I had a few games under my belt. I'll have to try it now.  

News Comments > DC Universe Online Price Break
3. Re: DC Universe Online Price Break Feb 6, 2011, 12:22 Shok

I'll check it out in six months when it's free to play lol...  

News Comments > Rift/Team Fortress Cross Promotion
11. Re: Rift/Team Fortress Cross Promotion Feb 3, 2011, 22:53 Shok

There's a big stress testing event on Rift starting tomorrow at 10AM PST and going through Monday 10AM. I played it some last week and it was ok but nothing ground breaking. I'm burned out on WoW at the moment and playing Rift didn't hook me at all. I just played to level 6 or so before I realized I wasn't doing much different than in WoW. I'll probably play some more this weekend just for shits but I know I won't be buying Rift come March 1st.

Also, I suppose it's time to uninstall TF2 as this Rift news will undoubtedly mean yet more big and unnecessary patch updates for TF2 on my slow connection.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Hotfixes
9. Re: World of Warcraft Hotfixes Jan 27, 2011, 17:41 Shok

Wallshadows wrote on Jan 27, 2011, 11:39:
Most of the tanks are tired of being the sober driver with a car full of idiots.

LOL, so true. WoW is fun until it becomes a job showing up for unorganized raids, putting up with moronic kids, and doing OCD shit just to get a stupid title.

I guess I'm too old for MMOG's like WoW/Rift/etc. so maybe I'll go retro (well 1995 if that's retro) and play a MUD again

News Comments > DC Universe Online Patched
10. Re: DC Universe Online Patched Jan 23, 2011, 20:38 Shok

wtf_man wrote on Jan 23, 2011, 20:21:
ANY PC game that plays better with a gamepad, is NOT a PC game, IMO. Period.

I agree with you for the most part but a gamepad does work for a few games. Just Cause 2 is one that comes to mind first. Using a gamepad for controlling vehicles works best in JC2. Gamepads are also good for emulators like MAME and such...no keyboard PAC-MAN or Burgertime thank you very much

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Announced
5. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Announced Jan 18, 2011, 22:13 Shok

Overon wrote on Jan 18, 2011, 21:37:
Who is Eric Johnson?

That was my first thought as well. I googled and found this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55nAwmVLQSk

I've heard the song before but didn't recognize it from Blue's word play

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Can Firefox get its mojo back? Jan 14, 2011, 15:58 Shok

necrosis wrote on Jan 14, 2011, 11:40:
I was unaware that it lost it.

I switched to Chrome about six months ago. If you have a beefy machine it's not much of a performance improvement but for those with older hardware (like a thinkpad T23 I use at work sometimes), Chrome is much more responsive and less of a memory hog than Firefox. I'll definitely try Firefox 4 when it is released though. I don't see a need to try a beta though.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 11, 2011, 18:42 Shok

Tumbler wrote on Jan 11, 2011, 16:40:
I'm hoping someone will figure out a way to get PC games running on the PS3. I'd love to see the PS3 become a true personal computer in every since. Get Motherfucking windows running on that thing. Figure out how to write the drivers and let us run whatever software we want on that.

If there was someway to add a few gigs of ram this thing could be an interesting desktop computer.

Surely you jest troll Tumbler?

News Comments > Cataclysm Sells 4.7M in One Month
2. Re: Cataclysm Sells 4.7M in One Month Jan 10, 2011, 16:11 Shok

I wish I hadn't bought it now. I quit playing the week before Christmas and I'm afraid to go back now that my addiction has waned. I can do so many other things without WoW in my life now though...  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: PS3 hack Jan 10, 2011, 16:08 Shok

Creston wrote on Jan 10, 2011, 13:15:
Verno wrote on Jan 10, 2011, 10:14:
They should have just left Linux on the thing.

That's actually what makes me just laugh at the whole thing. Sony wanted to be fucking jackasses by removing a feature that probably HELPED sell their console quite a bit, and so now their entire console is just raped.

I hope someone makes a firmware that allows for backward compatibility with the old titles again. (Likely it won't work for all of them, but hey, even some would be good.)

Stupid, stupid Sony. Maybe next time when you offer a well-liked feature, you'll think twice about just removing it on a whim, for basically no reason whatsoever? Morons.

Creston

This article actually has some comments worth reading, like this one from SimonStr:

Also waiting for the rabid "told you so" brigade, who will pretend this only happened because Sony removed OtherOS.

They have conveniently rewritten history, as Sony only removed OtherOS, BECAUSE Geohot hacked the hypervisor...

News Comments > Civilization World Alpha Next Week
3. Re: Civilization World Alpha Next Week Jan 6, 2011, 23:06 Shok

Sorry, I'd reinstall kali to look for games before I would join facebook to play one. It's inevitable though I know...eventually no one will be anonymous on the internet. Until then no social networks for me  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Hotfixes
6. Re: World of Warcraft Hotfixes Jan 6, 2011, 18:44 Shok

So that's how girls end up playing WoW...  

News Comments > New FRAPS
3. Re: New FRAPS Jan 5, 2011, 08:29 Shok

Does anyone use the video capture tool in Xfire? Supposedly it does the same thing as FRAPS but I've never used it.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
8. Re: Hackers leave PS3 security in tatters. Jan 4, 2011, 08:44 Shok

Yep, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see a PS4 go out to the net to verify authenticity of a game every time it starts. An offline mode might limit use to a few days or something...  

News Comments > PC Motion Controller
18. Re: PC Motion Controller Jan 3, 2011, 18:20 Shok

Speaking of TrackIR, I've been meaning to build my own after reading this maximumpc guide a while back:

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/how-tos/how_build_your_own_ir_head_tracker

803 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo