Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KO

Real Name KO   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shok
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 11, 2001, 15:27
Total Comments 801 (Graduate)
User ID 9616

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Video Recording Nears, Mobile Steam Possible
6. Re: Steam Video Recording Nears, Mobile Steam Possible Mar 22, 2011, 11:38 Shok

I hope they have an option to save video only to the local hard drive vice the STEAM cloud though. My connection is slow and I doubt I would use vidcap if it always had to be saved to the cloud.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Red River & GFWL
2. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River & GFWL Mar 22, 2011, 11:35 Shok

Hypemasters would be a more appropriate name.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Minecraft creator early projects - Miners4k Mar 21, 2011, 21:11 Shok

He did a little lemmings-esque game as well:

http://www.java4k.com/index.php?action=games&method=view&gid=55

Very cool little time waster

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Next Month
7. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Next Month Mar 19, 2011, 00:04 Shok

When it comes to the dying genre of flight sims my reservations about DRM relax just a little. I really don't want to see flight sims gone from the market and replaced with console ports of fly-on-rails eye candy kiddie games.

Don't get me wrong though, I will never buy any game with DRM that leaves CPU hogging processes running that don't uninstall when the game is uninstalled.

News Comments > Steam User Loses Almost $1800 in Games Due to Ban [Updated]
12. Re: Steam User Loses Almost $1800 in Games Due to Ban [Updated] Mar 14, 2011, 19:42 Shok

Hmmm that SteamCalculator doesn't work for me. Was just curious how much all the games I have add up to...  

News Comments > On Battlefield 3 PC 3D Support
18. Re: On Battlefield 3 PC 3D Support Mar 11, 2011, 09:35 Shok

I remember when 3D support in a game meant it needed a graphics accelerator to run.

The 3D fad shall pass, but not before emptying many a wallet.

News Comments > March UDK Adds DirectX 11 and More
13. Re: March UDK Adds DirectX 11 and More Mar 9, 2011, 16:28 Shok

I sent you an [url=http://venturebeat.com/2011/03/08/epic-games-shows-jaw-dropping-graphics-for-next-generation-consoles-video/]
article[/url]about this trailer to you almost 24 hours ago Blue. Guess it got lost in the noise. You must get a hella lot of spam.

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Red River Trailer
2. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Trailer Mar 8, 2011, 17:32 Shok

Friends don't let friends believe codemaster hype.  

News Comments > MS on Improving GFWL
11. Re: MS on Improving GFWL Mar 8, 2011, 14:48 Shok

Stinkbeard wrote on Mar 8, 2011, 14:39:
No place to go BUT up imo. I mean, how can it get any worse? Just clone steam, or buy them.

Bahahaha! This is Microsoft we are talking about. It could get a lot worse. They could integrate it into Windows 8. Or add some bullshit code that ties the game to your specific hardware. Or add a subscription like Xbox live...

News Comments > MS on Improving GFWL
4. Lipstick > Pig Mar 8, 2011, 14:26 Shok

Short of scrapping the whole thing and starting over, anything they do at this point is putting lipstick on a pig...  

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Red River Trailers
1. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Trailers Mar 2, 2011, 16:50 Shok

Dragon Rising also had some great trailers and dev commentary videos hyping the game. But the AI turned out to be dogshit. They aren't getting my money this time, especially since the first game is still buggy.  

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Announced
8. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Announced Mar 1, 2011, 15:25 Shok

bhcompy wrote on Mar 1, 2011, 14:55:
Best modern RTS out there, but I miss the lack of a story mode

Notwithstanding bleeding edge graphics, AI War: Fleet Command & Light of the Spire expansion gets my vote for best modern RTS out there. The AI is just incredible. To be fair though it is only a co-op multiplayer game and not a full pvp RTS.

News Comments > Steam Screenshots Live
12. Re: Steam Screenshots Live Feb 25, 2011, 09:15 Shok

necrosis wrote on Feb 25, 2011, 09:02:
reisub wrote on Feb 25, 2011, 07:53:
Finally I can hit F12 instead of Print Screen.
Eh? I would rather it be print screen because well... its a PRINT SCREEN key.

Well, in DOS at least, that key dumped the text mode screen to LPT1 (printer port) but I could see your reasoning if it was named the "screenshot" key.

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Red River in April
5. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River in April Feb 17, 2011, 18:38 Shok

Dragon Rising has horrible team and enemy AI not to mention many other problems. It was one of the worst purchases I ever made. If codemasters had supported dragon rising with patches and whatnot maybe I would consider this sequel. About the only thing they did right was all the media hype and since they do such good marketing I'm sure this sequel will sell as well too. Hell, the fad these days is military FPS games so I'm positive this crap will sell.  

News Comments > New LucasArts Creative Director
3. Re: New LucasArts Creative Director Feb 16, 2011, 10:34 Shok

Or an Outlaws fan! RDR shows a western can make money...  

News Comments > EVE Online: Incursion Updated
3. Re: EVE Online: Incursion Updated Feb 15, 2011, 20:58 Shok

I don't know how anyone plays EVE on a modern display. The text is tiny and there is no way short of playing in a butt-ugly resolution to fix them. I was stunned a few weeks ago when I did another trial of this game and it still had this problem.

Is a UI with adjustable font sizes really that difficult???

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - AI War: Light of the Spire
1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - AI War: Light of the Spire Feb 14, 2011, 21:22 Shok

I bought the base game back when it was on a 1 day sale during the holidays and just got around to learning how to play it in the last week. Learning curve is very very steep, but once I got it it's been a blast...and I am terrible at RTS games in general. I bought all the expansions via their website the other night. No DRM and you can even play without steam if you want since the keys activate both in and outside of steam (and both). The only thing I don't like is the length of games. I would rather start a new game than load a save game and try to get back into a game I played the day before. This expansion does add a pure tower defense type of game mode though so I'll have to try that next...  

News Comments > Portal 2 Preorders, Specs
5. Re: Portal 2 Preorders, Specs Feb 14, 2011, 16:17 Shok

MuzixMon wrote on Feb 14, 2011, 15:57:
Granted Portal was a nice little 2.5 hr puzzle game I can't believe the hype Portal 2 is getting and I'm not going to get all excited about another 3 hour of Portal puzzles! I want Gordon back dammit, why did they have to make us wait so fucking long for their final episode or ANYTHING! Go push out another Left for Dead, go do another Portal whatever! Half Life made Valve who they are and the fact they can't even give us a episode in 3 fuckin' years is just sad.

Valve doesn't need to make another game, ever, with the cash cow they have called STEAM.

News Comments > EverQuest Accounts Reactivated
2. Re: EverQuest Accounts Reactivated Feb 12, 2011, 20:21 Shok

I'm tempted to log my badass monk (feign death pulling ftw) back in just to experience Kunark and Velious expansions again...those were EQ golden days there. I'm sure after the first few zone loads and mental comparisons to an easier WoW, I will quit but atleast it would be nice to see what all has changed in the UI and whatnot...  

News Comments > Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked?
62. why there was no demo Feb 12, 2011, 11:32 Shok

People forget what happened with the demo for the original Crysis. It was hacked.

That's my guess for why they didn't release one this time around, or it certainly was a factor in their decisions...

801 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo