Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KO

Real Name KO   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shok
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 11, 2001, 15:27
Total Comments 833 (Graduate)
User ID 9616

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
3. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Aug 25, 2011, 09:31 Shok

I didn't play a WC game until privateer but spent countless hours in college playing that and x-wing/tie fighter. I even got the speech pack and expansion for privateer  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
1. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Aug 25, 2011, 07:34 Shok

Dungeon keeper 2 & Wing commander 1+2 are on gog.com as of this morning...  

News Comments > Steve Jobs Resigns
41. Re: Steve Jobs Resigns Aug 24, 2011, 23:56 Shok

This cartoon shows one of the main reasons I will never own an apple device.

I never really cared for Steve Jobs the businessman but don't wish cancer on anyone...well, maybe Kotick if I had to choose a person.

Jobs did pretty much legitimize the music download business I guess: even though it was wrapped in a pretty drm turd, non-literate computer people ate it up - finally they could get their musicz on their ipodz.

News Comments > Eidos Montreal on Deus Ex: Human Revolution AI
10. Re: Eidos Montreal on Deus Ex: Human Revolution AI Aug 24, 2011, 13:01 Shok

I'm still shopping around online for a new video card and noticed most of the Radeon 6950's on Newegg have DXHR included now instead of Dirt3

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Retail Includes OnLive
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 23, 2011, 13:02 Shok

I've played the first "intro/level" and love it so far. Wish I could play more but I have to evacuate thanks to hurricane Irene. It doesn't look like where I am in the Bahamas (Andros island) will get a direct hit, at least right now it doesn't look that way...  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Reviews
57. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Reviews Aug 22, 2011, 22:59 Shok

Dades wrote on Aug 22, 2011, 19:54:
What's that? I can't hear you over the sound of this game kicking ass.

Hah, best comment ever!

News Comments > From Dust DRM to Change
17. Re: From Dust DRM to Change Aug 22, 2011, 22:55 Shok

Honestly, even if I had any interest in this game (which I don't), just the fact that it's published by UBI gave me reason to ignore it. I don't buy anything from that company any more because supporting their DRM gives it legitimacy leading other publishers to think it's OK to use something similar.  

News Comments > Morning Previews
22. Re: Morning Previews--Deus Ex Aug 19, 2011, 12:17 Shok

nin wrote on Aug 19, 2011, 11:07:
Now posters there are saying keys are working?!?

Just activated mine and it is pre-loading!

17. Re: Morning Previews--Deus Ex Aug 19, 2011, 08:55 Shok

GMG purchasers will have to wait until release to start downloading. From a post on their forums:

If you try to add your copy of Deus Ex: Human Revolution to Steam before release day, you will see an error stating that you already own this product. Please ignore this error and keep hold of your key.

3. Re: Morning Previews--Deus Ex Aug 18, 2011, 13:52 Shok

Frijoles wrote on Aug 18, 2011, 13:37:
You'll also want to clear your calendar and send your family away for the weekend. Stock up on food and diapers, too.

Oh God....thanks for that mental picture lol.

News Comments > Driver: San Francisco DRM Relaxed
21. Re: Driver: San Francisco DRM Relaxed Aug 18, 2011, 13:46 Shok

I think companies are going about this the wrong way. They could make a killing by offering "DRM removal" DLC for their games

Seriously, as stated in the RPS article, any DRM scheme that punishes legitimate customers while rewarding pirates with zero offline play restrictions is bullshit.

News Comments > etc.
1. re: why most people don't finish video games Aug 17, 2011, 12:08 Shok

I can honestly say I don't finish games most of the time. I usually get bored or put it off until a bug is patched. And if the patch makes my savegame useless I definitely won't replay the same parts.

I think the only game I've finished in the last few years is Portal 2. Even that one I didn't finish all the co-op though so I guess it's not technically complete. I've tried to play through HL2 a few times but just lose interest at a certain point. I played the hell out of Just Cause 2 also but finally gave up trying to complete it because the repetition of missions got boring.

I hope Deus Ex keeps me engaged but even if I get 20-30 hours of gaming out of it I think that's worth it.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. single-player gone in 3 years Aug 16, 2011, 22:53 Shok

I could come up with a snarky comment but the comments after that article already cover most of them. The one comment I agree with is that introverts will not stop existing and especially introverted gamers.

That article is great link bait though, lol.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 15, 2011, 13:50 Shok

I can't remember where I read it, probably from one of my feeds in google reader, but Firefox 6 release binaries are available to download today. The official update push won't happen for two more days:

ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/6.0/win32/en-US/

EDIT: it was this maximumPC RSS feed where I read it.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
8. Re: Fucking wireless carriers Aug 15, 2011, 13:42 Shok

I've had a kindle3g since November and have read more books since buying it than the five years before I got it. If I had to do it over again I wouldn't have bought the 3g version and just got the wifi. But I live overseas on a Navy base so the free 3g appealed to me but in reality I hardly ever use the kindle store on the device off of my wifi.

Also I would guess that a new kindle is due soon so anyone planning to buy one may want to wait a month or two if they can.

News Comments > On PC Deus Ex Human Revolution
11. Re: On PC Deus Ex Human Revolution Aug 14, 2011, 18:02 Shok

Thanks. I do have an LCD with 2048x1152 resolution so I may just have to invest more and get something powerful. The technology race sometimes makes me wish I was a console gamer lol.

News Comments > On PC Deus Ex Human Revolution
9. Re: On PC Deus Ex Human Revolution Aug 14, 2011, 17:30 Shok

All those DX11 features makes me want to upgrade my video card. It's a Radeon 5850 but DX11 specific features are slow.

Can anyone suggest a fairly future-proof (~2 yrs) DX11 video card $200 or less?

News Comments > Frozen Synapse Demo and Sale
14. Re: Frozen Synapse Demo and Sale Aug 11, 2011, 16:37 Shok

I haven't tried multiplayer yet but playing the campaign off and on for a few weeks and I think I've done 20 or so missions out of (I believe) 50 total.

I like being able to save videos after the game ends. The youtube uploader built into the game didn't work well but the offline video save works fine.

Here are the ones I've uploaded so far on my youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/androskris?feature=mhsn

Another cool thing is that each map is procedurally generated so you can play the same map as long as you have the seed number.

News Comments > New Civilization V DLC Packs This Week
6. Re: New Civilization V DLC Packs This Week Aug 8, 2011, 15:33 Shok

I've bought a few of the Civ 5 DLC but only when it was on sale. I agree with the nickel and dime sentiment for most games but I think in this case Firaxis has released quite a few patches and are actively supporting the game. So I don't mind throwing them some cash for their work.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 5, 2011, 14:12 Shok

Just got an email that they added yet another game to the humble bundle 3: Atom Zombie Smasher

Gonna have to play that after work.

833 Comments. 42 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo